Load out not loading. Probably me.

Texas Hood

I have started recently creating my own short missions using the Mission Editor and I'm having a problem. I can create a mission, fly the mission, and everything is fine, but when I go to fly the mission again I can't get the load out that I requested ever again. When I ask the crew chief to load certain weapons he loads them but when I reload the DSMS most weapons are red. I have tried to load them per pylon and that doesn't work. When I try to load AGM65D I cant even find the Rack in the DSMS to load it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I have searched the forums and have come up empty.

Side note one thing I do notice is that when I load the aircraft at the very start "Cold and Dark" I notice that some settings are not "Cold and Dark" Radios are all set to TR as opposed to OFF and some other setting like my Bomb Consent is set to 5Mil as opposed to OFF.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

Hi TH. You can preset certain cockpit elements in the A-10 (such as CCIP Consent and radios) in the mission file itself, which is what you're seeing in the Cold and Dark mission.

Airfields are able to be configured with their ordnance limited or restricted. This is a setting someone has to specifically turn on, but if you're starting your missions from someone else's template or playing a tutorial .miz it's possible this setting is enabled. The easiest thing to do would be to save a short track and post it, or upload your .miz for someone to take a look.

Thank you for your reply. These are missions that I'm creating So I'm not sure how to setup different cockpit elements. I thought maybe it had to do with the airports as well so I looked around at the airport items in the editor and didn't see anything limiting what is available. What I find interesting is I can request a load out, it actually gets loaded on the aircraft but the DSMS wont match it.

Not sure how to post a track (do you mean the mission) if you or someone can guide me on that I will do that later when I get home.

After you exit your mission, one of the buttons you'll see on the bottom of the screen says "Save Track"

This will save your control inputs and head movements to a file inside of the mission that can be replayed by others without capturing and uploading video. It's not perfect for reproducing combat flying, but it can be very helpful for basic things like this. :thumbup:

If you click "Go Advanced" when making a post, you'll see an option to attach files.

Does this seem weird to anybody else? I have checked what I think is the Limited Weapons on the airfield and they are checked as unlimited it appears. I have made a couple of missions and had the same result, any ideas, I open to pretty much anything at this point. Thanks you for your time and for reading through this.