How would You like to self inflict?

Hi everyone :),

I’ve recently downloaded DCS World and bought the MiG- 29 module. Although my machine is a bit old, the DCS World can be tweaked to run decently on it. I’m currently half way through the campaign which came with the plane and have been wondering about flying dynamic campaigns in DCS. I did read up about the two existing dynamic campaigns available for DCS: Liberation and DCE. DCE appears to offer the option of creating a campaign after one’s own taste although this apparently takes lots of coding. Not sure if Liberation offers the possibility of creating a campaign one wishes to fly. There are no signs of anyone having been able to create a campaign which works with Normandy which is on my wish list.

I’ve already written the Self Inflicted Dynamic Campaign for another simulator and am considering the possibility of doing something similar for DCS, but seeing how I already released a freebie, I’d like to earn a little on such an undertaking as well. For this reason, I wish to ask if any problems exist, legal or of different nature, if a person wrote software which works with DCS and offered such software for a price.

A shortcut is conceivable in the form of an executable which would populate the Init folder of the DCE with necessary files, going solely of the .miz file created in the Mission Editor, would make the DCE self inflictable, but one would still lack a ground war. Perhaps, if the author of DCE has the time and the inclination, this shortcoming can be remedied through common effort.

I also read about an ongoing project having to do with developing a dynamic campaign for DCS by ED, but there’s no information about either the release date or the possibility for the end user to create a dynamic campaign after one’s own heart.

Eagerly awaiting replies…