MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hi,

new version of DCSpanelsPro client 1.0.2 is out

Changelog:

• fixed some menu items orientation in upside down mode

• added CDU steerpoint and page dials hints (must be enabled in menu)

• removed titlebars from MFCDs and CDU screens

No updates of server part is necessary.

There is some unclarity about using CDU steerpoint and page dial buttons - although not visible you can rotate them by pressing red boxes areas in picture below:

CDUdesc.jpg

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Colo,

I can't reach your website : http://lumatek.sk. I'm using IE.

But surprisingly, I can download DCSpanelsPro using this link : http://lumatek.sk/DCSpanelsPro102.zip

By the way, your app for the CDU to be displayed on an Android tablet is really appealing and I'd really like to try it.

I was offered an Android tablet few days ago (Android v.4.2.2) but I'm not sure about what it is able to do. It appears rather poor to me compared to other models mentioned in this thead that I've been reading from the begining. My tablet is a Polaroid (9" Tablet Executive) with a 1.2GHz dualcore procesor and a memory of 16GB (NANDFLASH).

By the way, I have 3 screens. A main one and two 8" Lilliput screens behind TM MFDs, so I don't need to display them on a tablet.

So my question is : do you think I could display CDU on my tablet using your app, and if yes, how could I achieve this ?

Thank you for your nice work on this

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Hi Laurius,

web is online, especially if you can download files from it. Try http://www.lumatek.sk or http://lumatek.sk it should works.

There are 2 versions of DCSpanels:

1. DCSpanels (free)

2. DCSpanelsPro (more features but payed)

Each of these 2 versions has 2 parts:

a. server part (always free but separate versions for 2 clients) - download from www.lumatek.sk and run on PC

b. client part - free or payed - download and install from Google Play directly from tablet - free version is called DCSpanelsClient and payed version is called DCSpanelsPro (price is 4.99 USD)

So if you like to try free version just download server part called DCSpanelsServer from lumatek.sk and download client part called DCSpanelsClient from Google Play n your Android device

If you like better version just download server part called DCSpanelsPro from lumatek.sk and buy client part for 4.99 USD called DCSpanelsPro from Google Play on your Android device

This application should run also on older devices, it is not very resource hungry. If you like to use this app, you must have separate monitor on PC to display instruments, or "sacrify" part of monitor for game display and part for instruments display.

For more info and videos please see my website (there are also videos describing manual step by step installation and monitor configuration, pro version has automated install but supports max 2 monitors).

Cheers,

Colo

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Dear Colo,

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

I really come to think that IE is the culprit for not being able to reach lumatek.sk. I really don't know why.

I don't mind paying for the most powerfull version of your App, but probably go for the free one in a first step.

...If you like to use this app, you must have separate monitor on PC to display instruments, or "sacrify" part of monitor for game display and part for instruments display....

Colo

Do you mean I should revert back to a two monitors set-up ? Does this mean I could not use my Lilliput to display MFDs for which I modified the "LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua" file found in DCS world\Config\MonitorSetup ?

For more info and videos please see my website (there are also videos describing manual step by step installation and monitor configuration, pro version has automated install but supports max 2 monitors).

Colo

If the pro version can handle only 2 monitors max, seems a bit scary to me. I really don't want to mess up my rig.

Although I started to watch some of your videos from the links you provided in this thread, I will watch them again very carefully.

But please, tell me if, with a main monitor and 2 Lilliputs properly configured to display in Windows 7, is there any chance to make your App working in my case ??

Many thanks !!

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Do you mean I should revert back to a two monitors set-up ? Does this mean I could not use my Lilliput to display MFDs for which I modified the "LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua" file found in DCS world\Config\MonitorSetup ?

If you use free version, you must setup your monitors manually. It doesn't mean that it will not work with 3 monitors (server part of application is just sending box defined resolution of your combined x monitor resolution, so if you set up correct coordinates with DCSpanelsServer you will send correct part of screen to Android app)

If the pro version can handle only 2 monitors max, seems a bit scary to me. I really don't want to mess up my rig.

It doesn't mean that it will work with only 2 monitors. It means only that 2 monitors is supported in automatic config mode. If you use more than 2 monitors you should set up monitors manually (i.e. it is just about that you must define square of your total monitor resolution to be send by server part to client - it means that if you understand multi monitor config in DCS, and you have CDU displayed somewhere of your monitors, it will also work with my app)

But please, tell me if, with a main monitor and 2 Lilliputs properly configured to display in Windows 7, is there any chance to make your App working in my case ??

Of course yes, if you see CDU somewhere of your monitors you can define position of this visible CDU to be sent to Android client via server part of my app

Dear Colo,

once again, thank you very much for your fast clarifications regarding my case.

I think the advices you gave me will benefit this great community of DCS World Users.

I will definitely try using your App and keep you informed of my progresses here or by MP.

Thank you very much one more time !

Laurius

PS : Now, I run Mozilla Firefox at home (just like at work) and your website is now reachable ! Still don't know why IE can't do the same...

Hi kEnnY_m,

thank you for info, i must look into sources of free version (there is different mechanism for version checking than in Pro version) and fix it

Cheers,

Colo

Hi Lubos,

please, check your PMs.

Still no luck to get your App working.

A pic of my desktop pit can be found here : http://forums.eagle.ru/picture.php?albumid=688&pictureid=4798

As far as I understand, for the CDU to be displayed on my tablet, it should be displayed on my main monitor, right ? If, yes, I'm afraid I won't be able to use your App since I don't want to modify what I already have.

Another point quite annoying is that when I run the server for the first time, it can't find A-10C and it asks me to find it manually. So I point it to "D:\DCS World" and then it's fine. But if I exit the server and run it again, A-10C is no longer found and I'm not proposed anymore to find it manually.

Thanks

Laurius

Hi Laurius,

generally speaking CDU (but not whole just the display window of CDU instrument) must be displayed on any of your monitors (because ED doesn't provide shared memory from where can I read picture of instruments without displaying it directly on monitor).

I think that there are 2 possibilities:

1. export CDU instrument window (and modify your current dcs profile) to the part of your small physical monitor - because you don't use whole area of these monitors, just the area between MFCDs frames (you can then cover protrude CDU part by something black on your small display)

I can help you with your profile setup if you send me your profile file.

2. you can attach some old monitor (any old, cheap, under the table) if you have free port on your graphic card, and display CDU window here.

If any of these points are not acceptable for you, just send me your serial number and I will refund you your DCSpanelsPro purchase.

BTW nice monitor, instruments and joystick setup

Best,

Lubos

Hi Lubos,

Another point quite annoying is that when I run the server for the first time, it can't find A-10C and it asks me to find it manually. So I point it to "D:\DCS World" and then it's fine. But if I exit the server and run it again, A-10C is no longer found and I'm not proposed anymore to find it manually.

Thanks

Laurius

Laurius,

you can override auto mode with pressing SHIFT on your keyboard and clicking on "Locate DCS-A10C" button on DCSpanelsPro Server application on your PC. Then, you can setup up your resolutions manually.

If you have more than 2 monitors (which you have) you cannot use auto mode.

Thank you Lubos for your help and kind words,

I will try each of your advices.

I have to say that I thought about connecting another monitor to my graphic card.

Exploiting the unused part of my Lilliput is also a nice idea by the way, and will try it.

Some questions I'm thinking of :

- Pressing SHIFT and clicking on "locate DCS A-10C" should work, even though this button is not active ?

- As I don't need your App to display MFDs, how should I manage them with the server ? During one attempt yesterday where I tried to replicate what I have in my .lua file, the server said that it could not handle resolution higher than 400 x 400 and they are 525 x 500.

Be assured I won't give up like that ;)

Cheers

Laurius

Some questions I'm thinking of :

- Pressing SHIFT and clicking on "locate DCS A-10C" should work, even though this button is not active ?

You can also SHIFT click "Configure monitors and instruments" or SHIFT click "START" it is the same (or you have all of the buttons inactive - this is strange)

As I don't need your App to display MFDs, how should I manage them with the server ? During one attempt yesterday where I tried to replicate what I have in my .lua file, the server said that it could not handle resolution higher than 400 x 400 and they are 525 x 500.

400 x 400 is for reasonable network performance, but if you dont want to use MFCDs with my app, just ignore settings (just fill for example 400 x 400)

If you dont select MFCDs on Android tablet they are never transmitted from server part of app to tablet.

If you need just CDU you must just fill CDU window resolution (the same value as set up in DCS profile) and absolute position of CDU window (ie absolute X Y position on your total combined monitor resolution)

If you have problem with this just send me your monitor resolutions and your current DCS monitor profile and I will change this for you and send you back your profile file

Cheers,

Lubos

Edited by colo

hi, and thx for the job... i can't recognize dcs (steam version) folder... error when i go in i:\steam\steamapps\......\dcsworld

DCS World Client version 1.2.10... any fix? i have pro version on tablet

Hi Fritzproject,

thank you for feedback,

do you mean you run server part of DCSpanelsPro (version 1.0.3) and then,

you see this window ?

DCSserverCannotLocate.png

Then you click Locate DCS A-10C, select path to your steam DCSworld folder and have some error message ? What error is displayed ?

Just to be sure if you are using DCSpanelsPro 1.0.2 on your tablet, you must have DCSpanelsPro 1.0.3 server part on your PC and must already installed DCS-A10C module (not DCS-A10A)

Cheers,

Colo

Thx for reply.

Tonight i say u the error but i Think it is...

Cannot locate dcs world folder.

I'm sure, i Use dcspanelpro 1.0.3 downloaded from lumatek.sk

My system is win 8.1 x64 java already installed

With dcs "standalone" no problem. But with steam version Yes.

I have 5 dlc for dcs a10c mi8 ka50 combined arms and flaming cliff

With dcs "standalone" no problem. But with steam version Yes.

I have 5 dlc for dcs a10c mi8 ka50 combined arms and flaming cliff

Can you please provide me your full path to file 'CDU_init.lua' which on non-steam version resides in X:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CDU\indicator\CDU_init.lua

I dont have steam version so it is difficult to me to debug this.

Thanx

Hey Colo,

does your software support multiple android devices connected to your server client?

Hi

regarding Pro version:

- yes you can use 2 tablets (one for MFCDs and one for CDU) in assisted mode

- or in unassisted mode (shift click start on server) you can use up to 3 tablets (1 x MFCD, 1 x MFCD, 1 x CDU)