Lost..

Zuki

Installed DCS world yesterday, flew around for a while in the 25. OK looks good for my old PC, I purchase the A10C, then update the DCS world to the latest version.

Start it up pick SU again free flight, have 0 control.. plane just flys straight Nothing I press on the keyboard does anything except ESC, which brings up the dialog box with options...(manual take control and quit to desktop) all grayed out.I can either choose quit, resume, or briefing. If I click on adjust controls the dialog box disappears and nothing happens.

Can someone help a brother out?:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

did you clear categories and re-set controls after the update?

Did it place you in cockpit or 3rd person view? (3rd Person w/ No Controls usually means the module isnt activated), Since the Su-25T is Always Activated, make sure you weren't Choosing the SU-25 (The A Version from Flaming Cliffs)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Cleared everything and reset hotas axis etc.. Places me in cockpit, I Can mouse over controls and click them, but the only button or key that does anything is esc. SU or A10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Delete /Saved Games/DCS/Input/ Folder then boot DCS and Set the Basic Axes, and check.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

did you activate the a-10C through the module manager, stuff like what you are describing usually happens when starforce kicks in, and you can just watch the plane fly around.

Installed DCS world yesterday, flew around for a while in the 25. OK looks good for my old PC, I purchase the A10C, then update the DCS world to the latest version.

Start it up pick SU again free flight, have 0 control.. plane just flys straight Nothing I press on the keyboard does anything except ESC, which brings up the dialog box with options...(manual take control and quit to desktop) all grayed out.I can either choose quit, resume, or briefing. If I click on adjust controls the dialog box disappears and nothing happens.

Can someone help a brother out?:music_whistling:

Sorry OP= this is going to sound like a stupid question but I've seen it happen before (Cough- tomcat- cough)...

I noticed you said you purchased A-10C... then updated DCSW.

Sometimes folks purchase but then forget to install- especially while we're all caught between patches and clean installs... You update one- maybe a clean install- then don't install the module.

Anyway- we're down to basics at this point and it doesn't appear that anything else worked.

I'm wondering if you've been trapped between an A-10C 1.2.6 A-10 and a 1.2.7 DCS World. You updated world but may have missed A-10C somehow...

I don't know- but your issue is sounding very familiar (cough- tomcat- cough).

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I think I'll just uninstall this mess, and go back to sim racing...

Thanks for the help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well maybe this will sound stupid, but what happens to me sometimes is that the "flight part" DCS program (green in windows taskbar) is not active when launched (doesn't have mouse focus, don't know how else to explain.) Alt escape, then reclick on DCS icon in taskbar solves this for me.

Cheers,

PLP

Edited by PLP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lost..

If you not patient don't even bother with this. It sound like unusual issue to me, I would try to repair instal and play a bit with Input output devices. There are also tutorial on you tube regarding mission editor try to compare that to your settings. This sim is a life changer for me. But I'm not going to spoil your thread,,,

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

@Expert.. I have driven cars on race tracks, and flown airplanes in real life. I play flight sims and race sims for fun. I have been flying sims online for more than 20 years. @ K2mil I remember having to modify my config.sys and autoexec.bat to get the XMS and EMS to fly EF2000 in Win 3.1. using KALI DOS. I have 7 pc's in my house all networked and all built by me. I don't want to sound like a smart ass but I'm not a computer illiterate.

If I install some software and it doesn't perform as I expect, I wont waste a whole lot of time on it anymore. I have Falcon 4 running, IL2 1946, and 3 or 4 other flight sims that don't seem to have any issues with seeing my CH controller.

When I first installed DCS everything worked fine... after the update it doesn't... there seems to be an issue. I'll wait for another update and try later. Thanks again for trying to help.

ef2k_zpsf30542da.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything seems to work over here and apparently also with other people so there must be something wrong. DCS isn't always plug-n-play with input controllers. In my case all presets are set to all devices connected even when they have their own profile going. They need to be manually deleted on those devices to not have any conflicts.

The fact that something is wrong stands apart from someones expertise. Just look into it, something must be conflicting somewhere. Even When DCS is overbugged there's always some basic functionality. Just look into it a bit deeper when you're done racing.

Naysayers will always say nay. Please don't be one.

This sounds like an issue for customer support. If Id wager a guess, for some reason the terribly stupid DRM measuers (that only hurt paying customers in the end) kicked in for some reason.

Try contacting ED's customer support by mail.

Did you make sure you ran the VRC Re-Distributable Package to update all the runtimes?

Did you make sure you ran the VRC Re-Distributable Package to update all the runtimes?

And He has 7 PCs in his home. I bet the one He uses to download isn't the one he uses to play games on and the software needed him to authorize the Sim. on that PC.

Of any or whatever error is present the fix is simple. After all the software is working on older PC with little in the way of Technical Know How, So I guess He just doesn't Know How.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

This issue isnt isolated, I have had a few people contact me via Skype about it, and it's coming up on other forums, exactly the same symptoms/description.

Edited by SkateZilla

Another User has reported a Uninstall and Fresh install using Module manager to add Modules has fixed his problem.

And He has 7 PCs in his home. I bet the one He uses to download isn't the one he uses to play games on and the software needed him to authorize the Sim. on that PC.

Of any or whatever error is present the fix is simple. After all the software is working on older PC with little in the way of Technical Know How, So I guess He just doesn't Know How.

And you would lose the bet..:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Expert.. I have driven cars on race tracks, and flown airplanes in real life. I play flight sims and race sims for fun. I have been flying sims online for more than 20 years. @ K2mil I remember having to modify my config.sys and autoexec.bat to get the XMS and EMS to fly EF2000 in Win 3.1. using KALI DOS. I have 7 pc's in my house all networked and all built by me. I don't want to sound like a smart ass but I'm not a computer illiterate.

If I install some software and it doesn't perform as I expect, I wont waste a whole lot of time on it anymore. I have Falcon 4 running, IL2 1946, and 3 or 4 other flight sims that don't seem to have any issues with seeing my CH controller.

When I first installed DCS everything worked fine... after the update it doesn't... there seems to be an issue. I'll wait for another update and try later. Thanks again for trying to help.

ef2k_zpsf30542da.jpg

Dude +1 and a 2 and a 3...they just wanna defend the cow...Oh and I do know it all...DCS single player has been porked ever sence the 127 came out on my flying machine too!. The auto updater is faulty and prevents access to single player and all within... Hunnn what.....I dunno nouthing...did you check your ...TCP/DXNVLm-2.3 dider..? you must not know what I know... Tech support is playing patty cakes too.. hunnn what?:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]