Red Flag Rumble - Mig21 vs F5

104th_Maverick

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R-13M, R-13M1, R-3S, R-60, R-60M Added for Mig21

Shooter and MoGas you have to sign up on our forums not here read the Sign up rules demmit!

Alpenwolf, we don't plan to host any events on Caucasus any time soon, perhaps this is a good incentive for you to get Nevada :)

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Can you guys please host some events in the Caucasus map once again? Been so optimistic about DCS 2.5 and as such so reluctant to get DCS 2.0 (ever since it came out) so I never thought about buying the Nevada map. I'm just waiting for DCS 1.5 and 2.0 to finally be combined and kinda made it a restricting condition for myself before I get Nevada. Well, it's been a while now and I keep telling myself; wait a little bit longer, you've waited so long. 2.5 will be out soon and THEN you'll get Nevada :)

NTTR is great - get it now.

Kev2go

F-5E

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

That's like saying the F-5 can only use 1 engine because the MiG is limited to 1 engine... :dunno:

No it isn't, last time I checked you couldn't kill another aircraft with your engine...

Its not something you have to worry to much about anyway, all rules will be explained in detail before the event in the briefing to the clients that are taking part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the guys that have already signed up...

What do you think about making this a Guns only fight? Obviously Air to Ground weapons would be allowed however I am seriously considering making the Air to Air side a Guns only show.

Thoughts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really want guns only. I think it would be a more fair fight to fly and a more interesting fight to spectate.

Also, are lone wolves going to be reserves? Just wondering if I should clear my schedule yet.

Lastly, I think it would be great if there were a downloadable mission replay and tacview file after the fact - if your server could capture them then post to this thread or somewhere else accessible for us to download and replay. It might make for some cool promo videos in the future.

;3064864']For the guys that have already signed up...

What do you think about making this a Guns only fight? Obviously Air to Ground weapons would be allowed however I am seriously considering making the Air to Air side a Guns only show.

Thoughts?

Guns only - different show.

Lets try this event with

R-13M, R-13M1, R-3S, R-60, R-60M Added for Mig21

Im sure some of fights will be end up with guns...

Sure, we all will enjoy!

Guns only - later on...

Небо - это точка опоры...

=WRAG=OSA

http://wings-of-russia.ru

Could we expect any visibility improvements due to visual fightings planned? A-la "Burning Skies" server's setting...

Отправлено с моего GT-I9082 через Tapatalk

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

• ED Translators
;3064864']For the guys that have already signed up...

Thoughts?

You know me :D For me it will remove last bits of seriousness of this event instantly... In that case you just can do another furball event..

3rd gen missile fights is pure action "top gun" ish thing when guy trying to get a "lock" if we are talking about entertainment for viewers, provided it will be commentated properly.

You remove missiles and there will be almost no point for teams to prepare some tactics and shit for A2A IMO because of planes itself, its not MiG-15 and sabre or WW2 planes...

Besides I reckon there will be a cases when all missiles spent and guys will go for guns anyway, especially F-5s as they have advantage in maneuvering in close horizontal fight and they have automatic radar modes which gives them same firing solution pipper as for 4th gen planes with vertical scan..

Edited by P61

AKA LazzySeal

I hear ya guys, although there is nothing factually inaccurate about the documentary movie Top Gun ;), removing all missiles will end up in the Top Gun style engagements.

We will keep the short range missiles included for this round and look at doing guns only rounds at some point in the future.

We will also help you guys out with the model enlargement and turn that on for this event, after we do some testing with it we will let you know what option we go for as its not something we have used before.

More updates will follow in the coming week or so!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3064810']No it isn't, last time I checked you couldn't kill another aircraft with your engine...

Its not something you have to worry to much about anyway, all rules will be explained in detail before the event in the briefing to the clients that are taking part.

Not saying it's literally the same thing but you can see my line of reasoning.

Guns only seems like a really good idea though

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have only 1 life, F-5 can obviously only carry 2 sidewinders and fishbeds are limited to two R-60(m)

Other IR-missiles for MiG-21 are also added.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9082 через Tapatalk

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64