Hey guys, I DIT IT !

:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

ok is this sobstituting existing farp or it's an addition?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

65a466dfd45b8dc03130cda404864ef39a6e2964.jpg

:D

Can you simply remove the 3D model of the pad and give us an empty SPOT (inivisble), whatever to "act" as a FARP? I mean we could place anything from flags, tires, trucks, smoke zones you name it around a simple invisible area to act as a FARP and get rid of the stupid "pad" to refuel/rearm a helicopter!

That would solve the problem with upuauts model, as well. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Can you simply remove the 3D model of the pad and give us an empty SPOT (inivisble), whatever to "act" as a FARP? I mean we could place anything from flags, tires, trucks, smoke zones you name it around a simple invisible area to act as a FARP and get rid of the stupid "pad" to refuel/rearm a helicopter!

+1

+10000

Technicaly you could just replace the 3D Model with a windsock as example, if they havent changed the code there was a line in farp.lua? where you could alter the radius around the farp where you can get fuel/ammo/repair.

Need to look that up when i'm home from work if needed ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Hi guys ;)

So I'm going to post a new clean thread for this mod tonight or tomorrow, obtained the upuaut permission (thank you dude ;) )

To answer your questions, good and bad points are the following :

- The collision model is updated, which means you will have the collision model of the upuaut FARP, so no invisible ground, levitating helicopter or stuff like this.

- Thanks to the previous point, you can put it quite much everywhere without having a levitating FARP, like in mountains, because dimensions are far more little.

- You need to set the aircraft on "take of from ground" and put it right on the FARP icon in the editor, BUT :

- Only skids equipped helicopters will work properly this way. kamov-50, Mi-8, or Harrier, if spawning (and only spawning) on it, will break their gear. You still perfectly can land on it after this.

- You can use it for the Harrier to refuel/rearm like a standard FARP. You simply cannot start the mission on the landing pad. (Well, yes you can, if you repair after spawning)

- If "starting cold", you will spawn following the usual FARP scheme, so in the grass.

- YOU need to be landed on the surface (so the pad) to rearm and refuel. (see next)

- There is a mandatory need for a surface between the helicopter, and the ground. So invisible and entirely transparent FARP isn't possible. If a 3D modeler comes near, I would need, if possible, a transparent surface with a collision model of 10 m/10 for 5 cm width. 5 cm because it too may avoid gear breaking for Kamov, Mi-8 and Harrier. The only mandatory point is to be in contact with the FARP, and not directly with the ground. So replacing the FARP with an UAZ, a windsock, or your grandmother won't work unless you manage to land on it. ;) So Roadrunner, be sure that I tried to do what you want to do... It's just wasting time.

- For 3D modelers again, now you can edit the standard FARP efficiently, making it far better looking etc, and to allow you to keep using the standard spawning scheme. I will give you the tips to make it work in my new thread, it is EXTREMELY SIMPLE. (2 lines of code)

- I cannot create a new FARP, nor can I edit the previous limitations. This mod simply replaces the current one. All the limitations are hard coded in some dll. It would be possible, of course, to crack it and edit it, and I'm not saying that I may not try, but I would not publish it, it would be perfectly illegal. If you want to be able to add FARPs to the game instead of replacing the current one, ask ED for it, but we ask them for 10 years now so well... Worst is that they started the job and never finished it (See Scripts/Database/FARP.lua.)

So to 3D modelers could some motivated among you create :

- A 10*10m invisible square, 5 cm width, with a collision model.

- Perhaps in the future a better looking standard FARP with the same dimensions ? ;) We could also try the integrity check and see if only replacing the LOD while keeping the standard collision model would allow you to connect on a server ?

- And anyway, do the FARP you want to do, even a giant one, and you can start right now, it will be usable ;)

Thank you ;)

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

... So Roadrunner, be sure that I tried to do what you want to do... It's just wasting time....

Hi mate,

i will check what i did some time ago, and see if it still works, because i was indeed able to refuel ca 500 meters away from the FARP, so it at least WAS possible at SOME point :)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Update:

I found my forum post from back then, it was in august 2015, so it seems not to be possible anymore :(

but as a reference:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2459495&postcount=6

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2459839&postcount=9

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noli Timere Messorem

Terry Pratchett