New to DCS

Sparky1b09

Hey everyone. I have gotten back into flight sims after a break of about 10 years. Right now I own the 2 free planes that come with the download and I just bought Flaming Cliffs 3 so I own the planes that come with that also. I would like to find someone that is kind of in the same position that I am, still learning, to fly and learn with. I would eventually like to join a squadron to fly with but would like to be a bit more skilled before that happens so right now I would prefer a person or 2 or 3 who would like to practice everything from weapons training to formation flying, comms and so forth.

I am 63 years old and retired so my hours are flexible. I live in the Central time zone in the US. I'm easy to get along with and competitive at the same time. So if you're a relative newbie and would like a partner to learn/practice with while having a good time please let me know and we'll set something up. I have Trackir and a microphone. Thanks!

Hey everyone. I have gotten back into flight sims after a break of about 10 years. Right now I own the 2 free planes that come with the download and I just bought Flaming Cliffs 3 so I own the planes that come with that also. I would like to find someone that is kind of in the same position that I am, still learning, to fly and learn with. I would eventually like to join a squadron to fly with but would like to be a bit more skilled before that happens so right now I would prefer a person or 2 or 3 who would like to practice everything from weapons training to formation flying, comms and so forth.

I am 63 years old and retired so my hours are flexible. I live in the Central time zone in the US. I'm easy to get along with and competitive at the same time. So if you're a relative newbie and would like a partner to learn/practice with while having a good time please let me know and we'll set something up. I have Trackir and a microphone. Thanks!

First of all welcome back to flight simulators Mr. Sparky. You have indeed made a good decision to come back to flight simualtors specially DCS world which is one of the best. As you have ample amount of time in hand, it will not take you long to become an ace pilot.

To run DCS 2.5 smoothly, you need to have an above average gaming PC and a good controller with decent accuracy. With less accurate controls you wont be able to do good formation flying.

We are three people, me, my brother and a friend who are relatively new and still in learning phase specially formation flying which needs lots of practise. We would love to fly with you some day however the time difference between our locations can be quite a hurdle.

Wishing you all the best. If you want to ask anything you are welcome.

Hey sparky. I plan on playing this weekend, even today. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone.

This makes me miss the old days of icq and im services. Now a days I'm so paranoid of giving away even emails.

Trying to think of the best way to stay in contact.

I hear discord is the new thing. Teamspeak is still around and popular for certain servers/games.

Most of the servers have a description or briefing with a stated teamspeak address.

Come and join the Ravens, we are a public group with over 370 members world wide, with at least 30 from the USA.

check us out if you fancy having fun and learning at the same time :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I sent a couple of PM's to you guys but they are not showing in my sent folder. Please check your inbox and if you didn't get them please let me know and I'll try again. Thanks to your quick response guys! I look forward to flying with you. Oh, btw, I do have a Thrustmaster hotas and rudder pedals to answer Drag.

Edited by Sparky1b09

I sent a couple of PM's to you guys but they are not showing in my sent folder. Please check your inbox and if you didn't get them please let me know and I'll try again. Thanks to your quick response guys! I look forward to flying with you. Oh, btw, I do have a Thrustmaster hotas and rudder pedals to answer Drag.

In that case, you are good to go.