AV8B - Comms

Tripps

Hi Team,

I was wondering if there was a date in which an update to the AV8B will released to use traditional VHF/UHF Comms and not the current easy option ?

Apologies if this has already been addressed in a previous post.

Thanks

Tripps

AV8B - Comms

Just being able to use the presets on COM2 would be enough for now. Incase devs are not aware, we need some form of working 2nd radio for Simpleradio. Personally for me, that is biggest issue with the Harrier right now.

Agreed. Insanely frustrating sometimes...don't even need fully functioning radios, just a usable Comms2 would be a suitable fix in the interim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Iv been using the presets without easy comms on. Only use comm 1 in-game but be sure to set the presets in the ME for comm 2. For some reason they are swapped in the ME.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Yep I agree on the SRS issue. It works fine with the presets but we really need that second radio working.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hi guys new to DCS been flying BMS Falcon, but I 'm wondering how do you read the Comms guide on screen in game at night? Is there a way to change the black font to a color you can read at nite against a night sky? Is this a Harrier problem and just live with it? Or is this carried across all models?

Easy comm is an option that makes comms, well, easier. For instance it allows you contact ATC/tanker/others from the comm menu withouth actually selecting the proper frequency. It's a work around, de facto, for modules where proper radios are still WIP.

EDIT: go in the mission editor and set up some tests, you can force Easy Comms On or Off.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

I agree: letting us use the preset frequencies for the 2nd radio is what I'd like to see added before anything else.

Generally I prefer to have the non-combat functionalities up and running before anything else (radios, navigation, ...), but that's just me.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 11 months later...

I've been using COMM2 since I started with the Harrier in December, without issue.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

AV8B - Comms

Hi Team,

I was wondering if there was a date in which an update to the AV8B will released to use traditional VHF/UHF Comms and not the current easy option ?

Apologies if this has already been addressed in a previous post.

Thanks

Tripps

I use comm 1 and 2 with no easy communications, no presets, just manually entering the frequencies and no problems with tower, tanker, awacs, etc.

May be I’m missing something here? May be I did not understand what you said.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I use comm 1 and 2 with no easy communications, no presets, just manually entering the frequencies and no problems with tower, tanker, awacs, etc.

May be I’m missing something here? May be I did not understand what you said.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Same here, using with Vaicom so Radio issues tend to become irritating rather rapidly