Mustang after 2.2.

Solty

Hi NineLine,

perhaps Mr. Grey, or anyone else with the ability, would be so friendly to demonstrate how their real-life experience in the real-world Spitfire and P-51D cockpits resemble what we are experiencing in their respective DCS modules.

Kermit Weeks is using an off-the-shelf GoPro, as far as I understand--I could ask him to reveal the exact model--, and I cannot imagine it would be difficult to procure the use of a comparable device to record such observations, to be able to make a comparison.

Edit: I feel, in at least a morale sense, ED owes it to their customers to be transparent--no pun intended--in how they are making their decisions with regards to this issue. Their dedication to the fidelity of their simulations practically demands it.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

He has flown DCS of course, that was the point I was making.

i did understand that. how else he would have been able to make comparison.

my point was, to be able to make an fair assessment of how well the reflections are done, one would have to spend similar amount of time and also expose oneself to similar activity (dogfight or strike missions) in both, simulator and real, before seeing the whole picture.

a world champion GT driver test a game car for few hours, and says: it just the same! but is it really? if you ask the developer of the game, sure, it's perfect.

could he have tested everything in that few hours. did he test how bad driving the car accepts before it punishes you from it? or did he just drive for joy or trying make the perfect lap? how much he didn't test, is the real question here?

secondly, how vigorous you want to be about implementing a feature if it is a gameplay breaker for many/most players? or if it causes physical reactions to users who have hard time with it

in simracing games there are allsort of visual effects, but if you would put a windshield that most players have trouble seeing thru, you would be finished if you wouldn't listen to the players. but thats because there is real competition between the titles. DCS is alone on top of the hill, and sometimes, like now, i believe it is working against itself.

Edit: I noticed that i had uploaded wrong refection file (that i had made for testing reflection effecting fps) in the mod. new mod with 2 canopy tint options and 3 reflections is in the mod link.

Edited by voodooman