DCS M2000C ILS

jcbak

I've gone through the manual and can't seem to get the ILS to work. I've tuned in the proper frequency and I believe I've powered up the ILS...I'm not sure if A or M powers it up but I've tried both. The ILS information doesn't display on the HUD. Any help would be appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Is it modelled yet, there are a list of things as of yet implemented. Maybe this is one?

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

It was featured in one of the demo videos Razbam had released.

[ame]

[/ame]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

That doesn't necessarily mean it made it into the Beta yet, I'm still reading the manual so not sure how to find out myself yet.

Maybe someone from RAZBAM can confirm wether the ILS is modelled yet.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

The ILS is working

1. Turn it on (click on it until it is on M)

2. Select the station with the knob (use the mouse wheel)

3. If you like, turn on the ID audio sound to hear the ident signal.

4. The system must be in NAV:

4.1. Master arm off

4.2 No weapons selected

5. Select APP in the PCA.

6. the HUD will change:

6.1 IAS, HS and BA will drop to the center of the FOV

6.2 If you have a localizer, the symbol will appear over the horizon as an open box

7. Move up the seat until the HS is back at the top of the combiner glass, specially if you are near the runway. You need to approach the aircraft at 14° AOA and that will wipeout your view of the runway unless you move the seat up.

8. When glideslope is captured, the open box will close and will start moving around the HUD. Place the FPM in the center of the box and you will be on course and in the glideslope.

Note:

The will appear ONLY if:

a. The INS is on and the next waypoint is an airport.

b. Glideslope is captured

c. Distance to runway is less than 9 nmiles.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thank you sir.

RTFM before asking...

page 58 :doh:

I did read pg. 58.......thanks for your thought out reply. Another reason why the flight sim community is slow small.

Thanks, we went online before reading this and sussed it and the synthetic runway out, it works beautifuly

Edited by BaconSarnie

"Amen"

RTFM before asking...

page 58 :doh:

Ever think maybe we did?

"Amen"

Guest deeplodokus

I don't understand very well the INS system yet. From what I gather so far, for the instant mission "landing", we can't use ILS because the airport we're landing on doesn't have ILS (if I click on the airport symbol on the f10 map, it says nothing for ILS). Correct?

So let's say I find an airport that has ILS. How do I add it as a waypoint and how do I add the ILS stuff into the INS system? What's the glideslope information and how/where do I find it?

Thanks.

Edited by deeplodokus

I don't understand very well the INS system yet. From what I gather so far, for the instant mission "landing", we can't use ILS because the airport we're landing on doesn't have ILS (if I click on the airport symbol on the f10 map, it says nothing for ILS). Correct?

So let's say I find an airport that has ILS. How do I add it as a waypoint and how do I add the ILS stuff into the INS system?

Thanks.

At this time it is not possible to edit flight plans. Only to follow them. You can create your own using the landing mission as a base.

The INS waypoint is only needed for the synthetic runway. Not for the ILS itself.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

So let's say I find an airport that has ILS. How do I add it as a waypoint and how do I add the ILS stuff into the INS system? What's the glideslope information and how/where do I find it?

Thanks.

You see ILS in mission editor, not on F10 map view.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Nellis ILS 21L which is the instant Mission sortie.

Tune ILS to 109.1 Select APP on the PCA.

However the 3D Rwy overlays Rwy21R ... I presume the 3D runway is drawn from the ILS Rwy WYPT as the manual says you need to have the current Rwy as the INS waypoint. So I assume the WYPT in this instant action mission is for the Threshold of RWY 21 R ??

Nellis21L_ILS_zpsdczwxhkx.jpg

In this case the ILS HUD Localiser and GS guidance is correct to 21L

No Deviation bars visible on the Attitude indicator.

DCS BUG

This I think is a DCS issue (as against a Mir2000 issue) as most DCS aircraft exhibit it. The roll guidance is unstable in that as soon as you apply bank to satisfy the steering order the bar/line immediately responds to roll ... it shouldnt ! Because of this you cannot make a smooth correction to track the steering command.

To demo it get yourself on the ILS localiser then gently rock your wings you will see the steering bar fly all over the place.

Has been reported previously but never ackmowledged or corrected.

Guest deeplodokus

mh, okay, thanks for the replies! i guess i might just choose to ignore this for now and come back to it when there's more tutorials etc

Nellis ILS 21L which is the instant Mission sortie.

Tune ILS to 109.1 Select APP on the PCA.

However the 3D Rwy overlays Rwy21R ... I presume the 3D runway is drawn from the ILS Rwy WYPT as the manual says you need to have the current Rwy as the INS waypoint. So I assume the WYPT in this instant action mission is for the Threshold of RWY 21 R ??

Nellis21L_ILS_zpsdczwxhkx.jpg

In this case the ILS HUD Localiser and GS guidance is correct to 21L

No Deviation bars visible on the Attitude indicator.

DCS BUG

This I think is a DCS issue (as against a Mir2000 issue) as most DCS aircraft exhibit it. The roll guidance is unstable in that as soon as you apply bank to satisfy the steering order the bar/line immediately responds to roll ... it shouldnt ! Because of this you cannot make a smooth correction to track the steering command.

To demo it get yourself on the ILS localiser then gently rock your wings you will see the steering bar fly all over the place.

Has been reported previously but never ackmowledged or corrected.

That's good info, IvanK. You might want to stick that into the Bug Reports thread here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=486 so the devs can evaluate that. Else it might get overlooked. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If you make a New mission and try to set Rwy 21L as the landing Rwy the Wypt always ends up in the parking area to the right of Rwy21R. Mission Editor drags it there as soon as you set the WYPT properties to Landing.

Then on approach the Synthetic rwy is drawn overlaying Rwy 21R.

So Synthetic Rwy is INDEPENDENT of ILS Freq It is generated by the INS waypoint. So in this case we have a problem at Nellis it always defaults to 21R even though you are flying the approach to 21L.

It leads me to believe that internally there is some DB that correlates RWY thresholds to the tuned ILS freq. However in this case the DB is pointing to the wrong (or perhaps only) rwy coded in this Synthetic rwy DB.

Edited by IvanK

Works fine at Groom lake IF you make the too WYPT a Landing wypt. The Mission Editor still moves the actual WYPT to a parking ramp however the Synthetic Rwy is drawn correctly over the Right Rwy at Groom lake.

So to me this confirms my thoughts about 3D Synth Rwy Data Bases and that in the case of Nellis the wrong data is being used so 21R always shows up as the synth rwy.

Real synthetic runway rely on INS data + ILS.

But we don't have full INS yet.

So there must be some kind of work around here.

However, synthetic runway is cool but not mandatory to ILS landing.

You can perform ILS procedure without synthetic runway.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Guest deeplodokus

Hey. I have a question about ILS. I think it's more a generic ILS question rather than m2000-related.

Following a video, I knew that ILS can work at Mineralnye Vody. I created a mini-mission to land at that airfield.

So I got in APP mode, selected to correct waypoint, and tried the 2 ILS numbers that I see when I go to the f10 map and see the ILS numbers for that airfield. Yay, that worked for one, 109.30, but it doesn't work for 111.70. I thought maybe there's 1 ILS number for each direction, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as only 109.30 works, regardless of what direction I use to land (30 or 12). What are the 2 ILS numbers for?

Thanks.

Guest deeplodokus

Thanks. That seems to confirm that there's 1 ILS per runway. But then, why does only 109.30 work for Mineralnye Vody both runways, whereas 111.70 doesn't work either runway? Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong? In the mission editor I can't seem to pick the runway, just the airfield.