VMFA-251 is Back

Saltat_cum_mortem

VMFA-251 is a squadron that focuses on the realistic implementation of the F/A-18C Hornet. We were stood down for a brief time but are now in the process of coming back online. Our commanding officer, tlhaskell (CH53E), is a former Marine Corps. CH-53E pilot and FAC with the 2/8 Marines. He will be focusing the squadron on the realism of approach and tactics.

If you are interested in joining a squadron that is serious about realism this is the squadron for you. You can find our squadron forums at http://www.vmfa251.com Please feel free to sign up and look around.

• 3 weeks later...

I love realism and always try to get as close as possible to that while designing missions, flying them etc.

Two questions:

1- Will you focus on the F-18 only/mostly?

2- I'm not really into joining squadrons. Like being a lonewolf. Is that a no-go?

Good luck!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I love realism and always try to get as close as possible to that while designing missions, flying them etc.

Two questions:

1- Will you focus on the F-18 only/mostly?

2- I'm not really into joining squadrons. Like being a lonewolf. Is that a no-go?

Good luck!

Hi Alpenwolf,

Our focus will be on the F-18 as a squadron. Although we will utilize some of the other modules for training purposes we don't plan on having any of our pilots fly any other aircraft type during none training mission.

You are more than welcome to come fly with us anytime you like whether you join us or not. I'm sure we can fit you into our flight schedule. Please understand though that we are not really an instant action type of squadron. Our missions and flight schedule is planned out well in advance and some of the sorties might seem pretty boring as we do a lot of training.

I hope we see you in our sector of the sky.

Sounds promising. What are your flying time times?

Right now we are flying Saturdays from 1900 Eastern (0000 Sunday GMT) until and Tuesdays from 1900 Eastern (0000 Wednesday GMT) untill. This is all subject to change as we are just getting up and running as a squadron.

BTW... Highway, you have been a great addition to the squadron and a pilot some of our junior members are already looking to emulate. It's always a pleasure to fly your wing... S!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our focuse is on realism and, yes realistic aircraft procedures both on and off the carrier will be taught and utilized as best we can within the DCS world. We are fortunate to have quite a few prior military members who served as pilots, handler’s and forward air controllers. We draw from their experience along with publications and manuals.

We would love a fully populated PVP world but that’s just not possible at this time with DCS world. If you’re asking if we are planning on inviting other units to fly both with and against us the answer is yes. With that being said however, our primary focus as a squadron will be PVE.

Still recruiting but nearing the max of 24 pilots for this float.

Edited by tlhaskell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The air battle is not necessarily won at the time of the battle. The winner may have been determined by the amount of time, energy, thought and training an individual has previously accomplished in an effort to increase his ability as a fighter pilot." ~ Pappy Boyington

• 2 weeks later...