Any cure for stuttering?!

I have no "location" tab... Maybe it's 'cause I'm using Windows 7.

I suppose I could just move it, and see if DCS World detects it. Unlikely :)

Thanks anyway

AD

That’s odd. I’m running Windows 7 and it’s there. Maybe you’re looking at the properties for the wrong folder?

Regardless the command line method soundslikerust mentioned should work :thumbup:

I'm still getting the odd micro load stutter ( SSD samsung950 pro )

-started since 2.5 update

so I figure its obviously a DCS flaw, just leaving it to them to fix,

my Hi spec PC runs everything else without a single stutter etc

-best not fiddle for hours, spend £'s on hardware, its a DCS software problem

That's what I always thunk, myself. 1.5 generally didn't do it, 2.0 did it a bit, 2.2+ does it a heck of a lot.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

It won't detect it. But you can move folder (not copy):

• copy whole path of your save folder to notebook or something
  • move folder
  • run cmd.exe as admin
  • mklink /D "c:\original_folder_path" "d:\moved_folder_path"

EDIT thanks for info on newer drivers i'm going to check it:thumbup: but keep in mind when you are under cloud or there's no clouds there is different lightning in game

Thanks for the tips! I believe this is called a 'dynamic link', could be wrong... but sounds like a decent idea to try.

I think the newer vid card driver (390.77) is better. Looks better too (I'm comparing it to 385.69 in the same mission, a furball over Normandy).

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Hi All,

I did another test. It seems that there is something link to the GPU in the stuttering. Check this sreenshot :

https://zupimages.net/up/18/07/696b.jpg

696b.jpg

Check the GPU usage (utilisation GPU ; graphic at the top). Do not pay attention to the variation on the left portion of the graph because the mission was loading and starting (graphic is moving from rigt to left ovetime). Look at the 2 big falls of GPU usage on the right portion of the GPU usage graph. This happened when I had two big stuttering. The two small picks between the two big ones I mentionned above happened when I had small stutterings.

Said differently, everytime I had a heavy stuttering, it is as if the GPU completely stopped working for a fraction of seconde. Then come back to life, this resulting in a stuttering.

Looks like a bad management of ressources.

Edited by bolt69

graph more I/O and check what spiked at the very same moment while your GPU dropped !

That is your culprit.

could be anything, from a stupid app to a "bad" Nvidia driver version, a ssd-firmware bug or your system just doing something else you will never find out.

graph them all, store it, then go back and check what spiked when the gpu went south ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Disabling dasHost.exe and spoolsv.exe did it for me.

DCStutter.thumb.JPG.e61da025335c11b12a37f3a536c80134.JPG

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.

Important thing about stutter to ALL of you :smilewink:

• big casual spikes are probably from game streaming engine(wchich evetually will stop and it's fine) or your system wchich is worse just check what's going in the background with Process Explorer (turn ON all tabs ie CPU, GPU, virustotal etc. and set one after the other in descending order )

• Second type is much worse - start su-25t mission anti radar missile practice, start from airfield and while flying low after start look around to the ground left and right. Especially in VR this is nightmare. Now start v1.5.6 (not 1.5.8!)start the same mission and you will see big improvement. We can't deal with it - just DEVS can fix this.

Edited by soundslikerust

Disabling dasHost.exe and spoolsv.exe did it for me.

That host controls wired and wireless devices which could include your flight stick, keyboard, mouse, etc...... Spoolsv is the process connecting to your printers.

By disabling the Device Association Framework Provider Host process you will sabotage most of your PC’s connections with external devices. Regardless of the performance problems you encounter, disabling DasHost.exe is not a feasible strategy because it severely cripples your system.

Words to the wise before you start killing system processes.....

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

guys could you please try to disable trackir (f9) and tell me if you still have stuttering? Just use numpad to move around lef/right and tell me is the stutterign is still there.

Thanks.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

guys could you please try to disable trackir (f9) and tell me if you still have stuttering? Just use numpad to move around lef/right and tell me is the stutterign is still there.

Thanks.

I don't have a TrackIR, but I do use Opentrack, both generically and as a TrackIR emulator. It makes no difference if it's enabled or not. Stuttering is still there.

If you use TrackIR or another headtracker, and notice stuttering while moving, then it's probably always been there and you only notice it so much because of the headtracking :)

AD

Kit:

I don't have a TrackIR, but I do use Opentrack, both generically and as a TrackIR emulator. It makes no difference if it's enabled or not. Stuttering is still there.

If you use TrackIR or another headtracker, and notice stuttering while moving, then it's probably always been there and you only notice it so much because of the headtracking :)

AD

Do you still have stutters? There's nothing wrong with your specs. Did you check your VRAM already? Do you have a bad FPS or only microstutters? What graphics options are you using?

Read my DCS 2.5 Optimisation Guide (version 2.5.4):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3828073

I had micro-stutter first time in MP.

Started my Ka-50 for a testflight in VR and olalala, stuutettettert oops, the whole Autostart through I had severe stutter, F1 and F2 view, BuddySpike MP.

I smoked a cigarette, waited like a few minutes, maybe 3 min, and it went away and didnt come back till I crashed cuz of my USB3 going haywire some 10 min later. My stutter solved itself. RAM was again above 17GB, 31GB swap, 10.5GB VRAM, full OC everywhere. VR engaged

The 2nd thing I noticed, LAG.., I joined the server, LONG LAG, kinda normal, used to that. I then switched to F2 and got a still image, like 30 secs, a P51 froma fellow Pilot.

Whike I waited for the system to catch up others seemed to have the same lag. It recovered 30-45sec later but when I switched again it again caused lag, likely not only for me as I read the comments.

Either it was pure coincidence that my F2 switching and the lag occured together or there is a link between the two things. Fresh player goes F2, loads all the data and somehow causes the server to pause, I dunno. Just want the devs to know how I felt it happened.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Important thing about stutter to ALL of you :smilewink:

•  
  • Second type is much worse - start su-25t mission anti radar missile practice, start from airfield and while flying low after start look around to the ground left and right. Especially in VR this is nightmare. Now start v1.5.6 (not 1.5.8!)start the same mission and you will see big improvement. We can't deal with it - just DEVS can fix this.

THIS is what I mean. It's probably an internal problem/shortcoming with the fundamental sim engine's coding (not that I'm a coder.)

Kudos to ED for producing so much excellent content--and while that's all fine and dandy, they need to get off the pot and work on the core sim engine itself, and iron out these problems, instead of worrying about new maps and modules.

New stuff is always nice, but with the introduction of 2.5, we already have more that we can ever use. It's time for the dev team to iron out the bugs instead of bringing new content to a flawed core program.

Frankly, I wonder what's taking them so long. EVERYONE's complaining about this, and I can't blame 'em.

AD

Kit:

New stuff is always nice, but with the introduction of 2.5, we already have more that we can ever use. It's time for the dev team to iron out the bugs instead of bringing new content to a flawed core program.

AD

Yes !!! BUT, there is the $ pressure, wages to be paid, hardware to aquire etc...

ED needs an income, monthly, like any other business too.

The golden cut is to balance both AND NOW I think it is time to do exactly what you said.

The F-18 will only make it worse, plus new maps etc... constant evolving = constant not functioning as a whole = always half usefull, half useless. It's been like this ever since I know Flanker.

I am not complaining, I just want to underline why I think it is how it is and what we as the users have to say to this. Please, iron out the big bugs, make it useable to 95% or so ( take any number that you like ). It's way overdue imho !

Edited by BitMaster
  • Like 1

Why do some believe the Devs are not working on this or trying to find a solution?

From Todays DCS World 2.5 Update

“Since last week's newsletter, the team continues to address items discovered during the Open Beta test period. Items such as fog discoloration, night lighting, multiplayer performance, load times, and others are all being addressed for the release version. It is very important that any changes made for the DCS World 2.5 release version maintain or improve game performance of the 2.5 Open Beta.”

Personally for now, I do not fly in the larger servers with large heavy missions.

I mainly fly MP with a couple of friends with custom missions. I do not see the lag or stutter there except when assets are spawned by a trigger which is momentary.

I would not mind joining the heavy servers if this is improved. There are some great servers with awesome missions out there.

When this issue is fixed or improved, it will be a great day for us and ED.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
Cuz I can
  • Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Yes !!! BUT, there is the $ pressure, wages to be paid, hardware to aquire etc...

ED needs an income, monthly, like any other business too.

The golden cut is to balance both AND NOW I think it is time to do exactly what you said.

All good points. I'm hesitant on grabbing more RAM to try and sort this out; it still stutters when I turn down all graphics settings and it uses much less RAM. So, it's probably something else.

You're right about ED needing to make money, but DCS already has loads of great content. I've been playing with this sim for ages and hardly seen all of it :) It would be nice if they could diagnose *and solve* the stuttering problems so we could enjoy all the great stuff they've created!

AD

Kit:

Bit of a "Catch 22" I guess.

If they leave the bugs to produce new content we don't buy the new content because the base game has bugs. But, they need the cash from new content to pay the guys to fix the bugs...

Hope they can find a balance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Bit of a "Catch 22" I guess.

If they leave the bugs to produce new content we don't buy the new content because the base game has bugs. But, they need the cash from new content to pay the guys to fix the bugs...

Hope they can find a balance.

So, essentially, someone here has to win big in the lotto or strike it big in business, and instead of buying that private jet, donate the millions to Eagle Dynamics :) Sounds like a plan... When I have several million bucks kicking around I don't need, that's just what I'll do.

But, only after I get that nice new GTX 1080 Ti, and maybe another 16 GB of memory :)

AD

Kit:

Hi everybody !

Now that I finally have a simulator that run perfectly, I would like to share with you my feelings about it.

Already, I use DCS on a M.2 SSD and a clean Win 10 operating system, excusively dedicated and a second small SSD for pagefile (swap memory).

I don't know for quad core but for 6 cores like me, whether with my old 5820k or with my new 6850k disabling hypertreading and creating an autoexec.cfg file with the only line : affinity_mask = 63 permanently suppressed stutters.

Regarding the SLI, it works perfectly with Nvidia inspector and the option SLI compatibility bits (DX1x) on 0x081000F5 (Dirt 3, Dirt Rally).

I also disable the vsync in the game but use the nvidia inspector fps limiter at 40 fps. It does not sounds a lot of fps but in reality the game is PERFECTLY fluid even at low altitude and high speed.

Regarding my settings in the game, it's simple, everything is at the maximum except depth of field which is off.

I specify that I use a screen in 3440x1440.

It's just... wonderfull :thumbup:

A great thank you for the hard works of developers !!

Hope it could help and sorry for my english...

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

@paradox64: don't use the fps limiter and make the following test to validate the impact of SLI on Caucasus map:

1) With SLI enable see your fps reached.

2) Disable SLI in NV Inspector (you have a flag or forced single in AA), and see with the same configuration and mission the fps you reach.

On my rig with 2 GTX980 TI i have:

1) 70 fps running in SLI for a given configuration and mission

2) 97 fps running on one GTX980TI.

I suggest you to do the test in order to estimate the margin you have for further missions with a lot of véhicules or clouds.

I'm not sure SLI is efficient in Caucasus map.

Edited by codenamepanzer

I did and you put me in doubt :laugh:

In both case i start game around 45-50 fps until 120-140 fps regarding where i look with track-ir. Very similar results. There is no significant gain in terms of fps with two cards compared to one BUT on the other hand, the flow of images is clearly more fluid and more stable with two cards in particular during heavy scenes (low altitude / high speed)

With a card, the gpu is used at nearly 100% while with two is 2 x 50%

Maybe this is due to the fact that two gpu at half load are more cooler and working more fluid. clearly, the game is CPU bottleneck and cards are very under utilized. I also specify that I have a 40 lines PCI-E CPU, maybe it also plays in this case.

So I made the tests in all directions until physically remove a card to understand and also to check why in the game's fps counter (RCTRL + PAUSE) tell about 12500 mb but I found it tell the same thing with a single card boarding 8 Go. So it's another thing...

I think the game is more smooth with 2 cards for me but I agree, it's not very significant...

Here my settings

dcs_settings.thumb.PNG.2c79239011368d81d6e4a0b68df87aa2.PNG

taskmanager.thumb.PNG.205ca3004531e04feeb4857041820d05.PNG

dcs_nvi_2.thumb.PNG.26af7a007181dba9e63e118dcc3cd985.PNG

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Your GPUs should reach 99% on each, I dont think the CPU is limiting here. Try a 1080p res and check how many fps you can get if the GPUs could scale endlessly.

50% load... what a waste man :( I hope you have other use for that 2nd card, game, rendering, mining..whatever..just dont let her sit in her slot unused..baahhhh what a shame indeed !

What's the wattage on 1 vs. 2 cards if they deliver about the same performance in both configs ? I bet 2 cards use way more than 1 card alone.

poster_oops.gif

OK guys you were right !

I just realized in 2.5, the tweak affinitymask I used is no longer useful and even harmful. I did a test without the tweak with only one card and it's the same but not better (not any more fps with one card against two for me).

DCS or Windows better handles cores than before.

But for sure SLI is wast of money in this case, fortunally I use it otherwise.

Edited by paradox64