"Fire" - engine failure

Eule

Haha ApoNoob :D

Next problem.. I cant seem to find my temperature in the cockpit? :-O

What temperature? Inside air temperatur, outside air temperatur, engine temperatur?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

What was your airspeed when it caught fire?

the only time i lost an engine was at high speed continuous over 120KTs if as soon as you git the fire warning if you slow down it should save the engine

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

What was your airspeed when it caught fire?

the only time i lost an engine was at high speed continuous over 120KTs if as soon as you git the fire warning if you slow down it should save the engine

The airspeed has nothing to do with an engine overheat. The Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) is a function of the torque pressure you apply with your collective. When you increase the torque pressure, you increase the engine RPM by increasing fuel flow. Increasing fuel flow increases your EGT. If you keep the needle in the green zone on your Ehaust gage, you won't have any problems. Get too high, and your engine catches fire and stops. It is not the same in real life (IRL). When you exceed your EGT limits IRL, you have to report the over temperature and how long it was. That determines which inspections must be performed, and when. I think Belsimtek implemented the engine fire thing because pilots were using max temp with no consequences. The engine fire is the consequence for bad piloting.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

And we also hope they’ve learned that overtemp the EGT doesnt start an engine fire. Hot section of turbine is built to stand heat and has no combustionable parts.

Engine fire is when a fire starts inside the engine compartment but outside the engine hot section. Engine fire sensors check for fires in engine compartment, most probable fuel leak that caught fire, or possible oil leak caught fire. You can overtemp an turbine engine so the turbine blades leaves via the exhaust without causing engine fire.( Ive seen this IRL).

You maybe could have and engine fire after an uncontained engine failure, but then there has to be a big bang first and the engine would break down, immediatly stop producing power. Most cases this should come from an massive engine overspeed, gov fail and broken drive shaft at the same time, or something like it.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

• 2 months later...

The Huey is not a fast one :) I can go faster in my Robin DR400 :)

I had this issue with the first UN mission, when trying to climb at 3/4k, the engine caught fire and I crashed...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Egr temp has restricted limits

Egt, BC, EGT :thumbup:

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe