5700xt with Multimonitor?

If anyone's interested, I sold my 1070 (EVGA 5173KR) for $280 CDN. Only took me a day and I got what I asked for it, which surprised me a bit. Plopped in my old ASUS 1060 3GB and now I wait to see what goodies AMD and Nvidia have for us!

I'd still like to know if anyone uses a 5700/XT with multi-monitor in DCS in case a great deal comes up in the interim.

Nicely done on that selling! :thumbup:

You'll be much better asking those questions on:

Honestly, it must be painfull to downgrade to a GTX1060 3GB at this moment in time (ouch!).

Can only speak for myself (having one) but maybe I'd consider purchasing the RX5700XT right away, getting the lowest priced Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon, from a place where a return is doable if things go bad.

These are the best purchases. No need to spend on triple-fan top dogs (such as Saphire Nitro, Powercolor Red Devil, or Asus Trixx) as in practice you won't see any difference, they're that good.

Worst case scenario, you can either return the card, or sell it again like you already did for your GTX1070. Or do it when you're itching to get one of the newer GPUs, some months from now.

If so, and you later need some help with those things I mentioned in my first (very long) reply in this thread, send me a PM, I'll be glad to assist.

Edited by LucShep
added links

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Nicely done on that selling! :thumbup:

You'll be much better asking those questions on:

Honestly, it must be painfull to downgrade to a GTX1060 3GB at this moment in time (ouch!).

Can only speak for myself (having one) but maybe I'd consider purchasing the RX5700XT right away, getting the lowest priced Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon, from a place where a return is doable if things go bad.

These are the best purchases. No need to spend on triple-fan top dogs (such as Saphire Nitro, Powercolor Red Devil, or Asus Trixx) as in practice you won't see any difference, they're that good.

Worst case scenario, you can either return the card, or sell it again like you already did for your GTX1070. Or do it when you're itching to get one of the newer GPUs, some months from now.

If so, and you later need some help with those things I mentioned in my first (very long) reply in this thread, send me a PM, I'll be glad to assist.

I'm still surprised by what people are willing to pay for used stuff, but that was a really good card in mint condition that still has warranty, so I guess we both did well. If not for DCS (and maybe MSFS) I wouldn't have even considered a new card as it was more than fine in every other game I play.

The 1060 is slower for sure but I noticed right away how light and quiet the card is (idles at 35C) and only a 6 pin connector. No biggie for me, it gives me a chance to start playing Workers & Resources and Heliborne again (both just had big updates), not to mention 100 other games in my Steam account that I haven't played in ages that the 1060 is plenty for. And I have a tractor to get running that's been sitting out on my property for 7 years now :music_whistling: The wife will be happy...

I like spending a lot of time looking for the best deal, so I probably won't buy anything until the Black Friday sales. By then hopefully the new cards are out, reviewed and actually in stock. I'd need that Sapphire 5700XT card to drop to AT LEAST $425 CDN for it to be a serious option at this point (currently at $549).

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I'm still surprised by what people are willing to pay for used stuff, but that was a really good card in mint condition that still has warranty, so I guess we both did well. If not for DCS (and maybe MSFS) I wouldn't have even considered a new card as it was more than fine in every other game I play.

The 1060 is slower for sure but I noticed right away how light and quiet the card is (idles at 35C) and only a 6 pin connector. No biggie for me, it gives me a chance to start playing Workers & Resources and Heliborne again (both just had big updates), not to mention 100 other games in my Steam account that I haven't played in ages that the 1060 is plenty for. And I have a tractor to get running that's been sitting out on my property for 7 years now :music_whistling: The wife will be happy...

I like spending a lot of time looking for the best deal, so I probably won't buy anything until the Black Friday sales. By then hopefully the new cards are out, reviewed and actually in stock. I'd need that Sapphire 5700XT card to drop to AT LEAST $425 CDN for it to be a serious option at this point (currently at $549).

I got this one from CEX for £361 including voucher from the resale of my 5500 XT...

1080.jpg

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

At £480 (~$825 CDN) that's new 2070 Super pricing. Those two cards are roughly equivalent except the edge cases where the extra 3GB of VRAM matter.

If you can effectively trade another card like you did and get the cash outlay lower it's not a terrible deal. I'd do it given the warranty.

AFAIK no companies like that here.

At £480 (~$825 CDN) that's new 2070 Super pricing. Those two cards are roughly equivalent except the edge cases where the extra 3GB of VRAM matter.

If you can effectively trade another card like you did and get the cash outlay lower it's not a terrible deal. I'd do it given the warranty.

AFAIK no companies like that here.

I'm not sure where you shop, but the 2070 Super can be had new on Newegg for as low as $679 CDN with shipping (nice Gigabyte card...still way overpriced IMO). I think people are out of their minds spending so much on used cards, and so does this guy (skip to 4:45):

That 1080ti *should* only be worth about $300CDN in a month if the 3060 meets the projected specs ($400) and performance of the 2080 Super. An extra 3GB of RAM is not so important that's it's worth paying MORE than new prices for inferior tech. I've never needed even the 8GB on my (now gone) 1070, even at 1440p high settings in DCS. The 3060 may have more than 8GB as well, and who knows what AMD is going to come out with.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Yeah, prices have been tumbling since I last looked I guess. This is what I was comparing against (what's in my machine):

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=140778

< GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC 3X 8GB -> $780 at time of posting this thread, Newgg.ca is $749 - I forget which place I bought it - which ever was cheaper at the time - free shipping may ahve been a factor >

Edited by reece146

But anyway - I agree with you. the exception MIGHT be that UK shop that provides a two year warranty. I'd still be hard pressed to buy it if it was possoble though with the 2070S where it is.

Now with things confirmed wait for a 3070 and get 2080ti performance for $499 USD. That 2070 super just became worth no more than $200 USD new. I still wouldn't buy one. However there will still be lots of suckers willing to pay more than it's worth. People are in a kind of punch-drunk buying frenzy right now for some reason.

Edited by aleader