DCS CMS Editor by Bailey

Bailey

Love the program! I realized today that it didn't save my presets as I was fooling around. I wanted to make sure it was working correctly... But when I went to the F18 which seemed fine yesterday I get a error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)

at System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(String path, String[] contents)

at DCSF18ALE47Programmer.Form1.button_export_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

DCSF18ALE47Programmer

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ramey/OneDrive/Desktop/DCS-CMS-Editor%20by%20Bailey%20v2.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Looks like when I open it though it takes me right to the executable DCS file. The F16 does not seem to be impacted. What did I do wrong? :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Excellent! It looks right now. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks to Svend_Dellepude and aapalo, we have fixed the decimal bug. Yay teamwork!

The downloads are live in the first post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281284

Version Notes:

v2.1

-Uses en-US culture in C# to ensure periods are used for decimals instead of commas

Love the program! I realized today that it didn't save my presets as I was fooling around. I wanted to make sure it was working correctly... But when I went to the F18 which seemed fine yesterday I get a error:

Looks like when I open it though it takes me right to the executable DCS file. The F16 does not seem to be impacted. What did I do wrong? :music_whistling:

Hello. I just uploaded version 2.1 of the utility. Give it a try. Please let me know if it works for you. If it fails, please delete all files associated with the utility (the .exe and the backup folders), re-download, and try again in Admin mode. If it fails again, please let me know exactly what repeatable process you take to cause the failure. Every click matters. Thanks for reporting the bug!

Great tool really enjoying it.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 1 month later...

F-16C Harm Table Editor Preview.

Hopefully It can be edited outside the game like the CMS lua files.

2e2yhfb.jpg

Directly related to the HARM video from Wags.

Timestamped
Edited by Bailey

v3 of the CMS Editor is live!

v3 Changes:

-Added DCS A-10C

-Added preliminary F-16C HARM Table Export support. Please visit the 'Enable Editing Of Default DED HARM Tables Via A Lua File' thread on the ED forums to ask ED's help to implement the feature. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286963

Enjoy! https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311389/

Can you add option for Mirage 2000 as well? Thx :)

It's on the list of modules to try to get into DCS CMS Editor.

DnKOVSR.jpg

If you would like to help speed up the development of the M2k DTC, can you see if the Mirage responds to countermeasure edits in the following file?

'DCS Install Location\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit\Scripts\SPIRALE.lua'

If you can, thank you! If you can't, no problem.

Thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

The mirage does indeed support editing of the Spriale .lua.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Can you add option for Mirage 2000 as well? Thx :)

:thumbup:

Updated with 2 and a half new aircraft!

v4

-Added M2000 CMS editing

-Added A-10C2 Tank Killer CMS editing (inherited? see Bugs)

-Added AV8B CMS editing

-Fixed a bug with the export of an aircraft failing

-Fixed a bug were the program would crash if you tried to load a CMS profile from DCS, but the file was not there

vFuture

-Add F16C HARM maker. Have to wait for the release of the feature

-Add F5E (looks not possible)

-Add A10C2 support for users that don't have the ED symbolic link (see Bugs)

Bugs:

-Due to the way ED has coded the A-10C and A-10C2, both aircraft may or may not share the same CMS file (feature?)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311389/

Enjoy!

Bailey grate work

LOVE IT!

can u please explain the titles like what Burs Qty ,Burst Intv ,Salvo Qty and Intv mean ?

Can u please Shure your profile for the F16c?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Bailey grate work

LOVE IT!

can u please explain the titles like what Burs Qty ,Burst Intv ,Salvo Qty and Intv mean ?

Can u please Shure your profile for the F16c?

For the definitions of the countermeasures, I think it may be best that you google/youtube something like "DCS F16 countermeasure tutorial". It looks like I am getting some good results. Replace the name of the plane with whatever plane you like.

Share my F-16c profile? Haha, I have nothing to share because I don't have one. My countermeasure is Invincibility. :P

• 3 months later...

Looks like latest updates to the F-18 broke support for it. Load DCS lua generates error "Unhandled exception has occured in your application...Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length". F-16 still works without error.

Details on error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at DCSF18ALE47Programmer.Form1.loadLua_F18C()
   at DCSF18ALE47Programmer.Form1.loadCmsFromDcs()
   at DCSF18ALE47Programmer.Form1.button_loadCM_DCS_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DCSF18ALE47Programmer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/DCSWorld/BACKUP/DCS-CMS-Editor%20by%20Bailey%20v4.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:10 PM, Orsi said:

Bailey,

Nice work with this!!!!

A sugestion that I have, if it is possible to add a configuration for A-10C2 HMD. If this is possible, will help a lot!!!

thanks

Hi there and thank you. 
Currently, A-10C2 HMD configurations are not possible to my knowledge. I have asked the devs here on the forums to open that up to lua. Hopefully they can in the figure. 

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, crispy12 said:

I am also getting this error. Hope I can find a fix for this

@cerealk and @crispy12.

This program has been replaced by DiCE (DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor) https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/247605-dice-dcs-integrated-countermeasure-editor-by-bailey/

The support for the DCS CMS Editor will be little to none. But, to find a fix you'll have to give me a lot more information. A timeline of every single thing that happened from download, to install, to launch, to DCS version number, to locations of your saved games folder and dcs install, etc. Try out DiCE. It has been tested and reported as working for DCS 2.5.6 and DCS 2.7.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:10 AM, Bailey said:

@cerealk and @crispy12.

This program has been replaced by DiCE (DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor) https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/247605-dice-dcs-integrated-countermeasure-editor-by-bailey/

The support for the DCS CMS Editor will be little to none. But, to find a fix you'll have to give me a lot more information. A timeline of every single thing that happened from download, to install, to launch, to DCS version number, to locations of your saved games folder and dcs install, etc. Try out DiCE. It has been tested and reported as working for DCS 2.5.6 and DCS 2.7.

Great, I didn't know that. I will check it out. Thank you so much for your effort!

• Thanks 1