U.F.O.

Xilon_x

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun thread... all joking aside... I wonder how many of us have actually witnessed a UFO sighting.

At the risk of drawing Ire and the crap that goes with it... here is my experience never shared before except with family.

I have witnessed two events, both at night in a pitch black cloudless, moonless sky.

1971 - ~22:00 - Atlantic Beach, North Carolina: Three friends and I saw a 3 “ship” that looked like bright planets far apart at three different points in the sky, they came together at high speed from great distances to a triangular formation very close together and stopped dead straight up overhead at very high altitude for about 30 seconds. Then each accelerated at equal rapid speed in opposite directions, each to the horizon in less than one second and disappeared. Of course, no sound and to us it looked like it was not in our atmosphere. I spoke to my friends recently and we all remember the exact same thing. We were on the beach with an unobscured view.

1986 - ~18:00 - Greenville, North Carolina: I was alone and driving to the grocery store when lights caught my eye (I am always noticing aircraft because of my forever interest in aviation), there were three white lights forming a triangle against the black starry sky. I looked again and noticed they did not seem to be moving, at least not very fast which I thought unusual. I pulled over and stopped to watch. This came from the East, came painfully slow directly toward my location until it was directly overhead. The three lights formed a triangle which blocked out the stars. It was huge and of course appeared black as it was a pitch black night. It appeared to be very low because of the huge size and amount of sky it was blocking. I could easily see the dark triangular shape. The white lights were steady, no flashing. It slowly turned South and eventually moved on so slowly I could not imagine anything that Id ever seen airborne that could move so slow.

Can’t explain either occurrence. And I do not believe anyone can.

So. Yeah you can laugh... or explain it away, but i know what I saw. Two different extremes.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I have an almost UFO story, too.

I used to work nights in the oilfield. One night, I was driving along a dark road when suddenly a great white light illuminated the entire area.around me. Looking up into the sky, I saw a white orb approaching rapidly. For just a moment I thought ''Uh oh. They DO exist.'' Then the angle shifted and I realised it was a plane on final and he happened to flick his landing lights on while I was directly in front of him. Later, in the day, I saw I had (obviously) passed an airport, it even warned of low flying aircraft ;)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I saw a UFO over the 4th of July weekend. My neighbor's wife has quite the arm on her when she's pissed. I still don't know what that was she chucked.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Fun thread... all joking aside... I wonder how many of us have actually witnessed a UFO sighting.

At the risk of drawing Ire and the crap that goes with it... here is my experience never shared before except with family.

I have witnessed two events, both at night in a pitch black cloudless, moonless sky.

1971 - Atlantic Beach, North Carolina: Three friends and I saw a 3 “ship” that looked like bright planets far apart at three different points in the sky, they came together at high speed from great distances to a triangular formation very close together and stopped dead straight up overhead at very high altitude for about 30 seconds. Then each accelerated at equal rapid speed in opposite directions, each to the horizon in less than one second and disappeared. Of course, no sound and to us it looked like it was not in our atmosphere. I spoke to my friends recently and we all remember the exact same thing. We were on the beach with an unobscured view.

1986 - Greenville, North Carolina: I was alone and Diving to the grocery store when lights caught my eye (I am always noticing aircraft because of my forever interest in aviation), there were three white lights forming a triangle against the black starry sky. I looked again and noticed they did not seem to be moving, at least not very fast which I thought unusual. I pulled over and stopped to watch. This came from the East, came painfully slow directly toward my location until it was directly overhead. The three lights formed a triangle which blocked out the stars. It was huge and of course appeared black as it was a pitch black night. It appeared to be very low because of the huge size and amount of sky it was blocking. I could easily see the dark triangular shape. The white lights were steady, no flashing. It slowly turned South and eventually moved on so slowly I could not imagine anything that Id ever seen airborne that could move so slow.

Can’t explain either occurrence. And I do not believe anyone can.

So. Yeah you can laugh... or explain it away, but i know what I saw. Two different extremes.

Thanks for sharing this. Even though I seem to be the one beating my drums the loudest in this thread I actually don't have a ufo experience.

I am curios though did you watch the ufo over illinois documentary I linked? Are you familiar with the Belgium wave? Have you read about the rumored TR3B craft?

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

I saw a UFO over the 4th of July weekend. My neighbor's wife has quite the arm on her when she's pissed. I still don't know what that was she chucked.

Obviously, a beer bottle!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thanks for sharing this. Even though I seem to be the one beating my drums the loudest in this thread I actually don't have a ufo experience.

I am curios though did you watch the ufo over illinois documentary I linked? Are you familiar with the Belgium wave? Have you read about the rumored TR3B craft?

No, but I will take a look.

No, but I will take a look.

Yeah, I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Your 86 experiance is right in line with those three recommendations. Those 4 officers in Illinois described a similar craft. As did French officers during the Belgium Wave.

Part 1

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjw4BCmOxWQ&t=29s

Edited by Delta59R

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

A few weeks after the Kaikoura objects I referred to earlier, I was at school & we were let out of class to stand in the playground and watch a couple of glowing objects that were flying over the valley our city sat in (the city is still there - I just don't live there any more :-).

Apparently they were seen by Wellington ATC's radar.

As we watched they moved over the city, and then from the North a flight of skyhawks appeared over the hills, as they arrived the objects flew off in the opposite direction & left the skyhawks behind...

Cheers.

Yeah, I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Your 86 experiance is right in line with those three recommendations. Those 4 officers in Illinois described a similar craft. As did French officers during the Belgium Wave.

Part 1

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjw4BCmOxWQ&t=29s

Watched the videos...Interesting case and very similar.

In my case, I did not observe any other lights other than the three white lights on the three points of the triangle.

Also, my object never accelerated while I could see it, but during the entire observation moved painfully slow. The duration was about 20 minutes.

The things that stand out to me is the size, the low altitude, blocking out the sky, no sound and how slow it was moving.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Watched the videos...Interesting case and very similar.

In my case, I did not observe any other lights other than the three white lights on the three points of the triangle.

Also, my object never accelerated while I could see it, but during the entire observation moved painfully slow. The duration was about 20 minutes.

The things that stand out to me is the size, the low altitude, blocking out the sky, no sound and how slow it was moving.

If you had to guess size and altitude?

If you had to guess size and altitude?

That is tough, but I would guess ~1000 - 2000 ft.

And I would agree with at least the football field analogy they used...so ~300ft front to back...That would mean equidistant in all directions of the shape from one end to the other since it was triangular.

But size is so hard to say because there were no references up there...just appeared huge to me from my perspective due to the amount of sky it blocked out. So that is why I feel it was low altitude.

Like I said, it was a pitch black starry night sky. The triangular light positions would not say much in themselves.

The fact I could see the outline clearly is because it blocked out the starry background and therefore was clearly defined.

That is tough, but I would guess ~1000 - 2000 ft.

And I would agree with at least the football field analogy they used...so ~300ft front to back...That would mean equidistant in all directions of the shape from one end to the other since it was triangular.

But size is so hard to say because there were no references up there...just appeared huge to me from my perspective due to the amount of sky it blocked out. So that is why I feel it was low altitude.

Like I said, it was a pitch black starry night sky. The triangular light positions would not say much in themselves.

The fact I could see the outline clearly is because it blocked out the starry background and therefore was clearly defined.

Just listen to the first minute of this.

Just listen to the first minute of this.

LOL!

I am not alone in this...interesting the time span between these sightings and the similarity.

On another note, I have never seen or read any account that is similar to my first sighting in 1971.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

A few weeks after the Kaikoura objects I referred to earlier, I was at school & we were let out of class to stand in the playground and watch a couple of glowing objects that were flying over the valley our city sat in (the city is still there - I just don't live there any more :-).

Apparently they were seen by Wellington ATC's radar.

As we watched they moved over the city, and then from the North a flight of skyhawks appeared over the hills, as they arrived the objects flew off in the opposite direction & left the skyhawks behind...

Argosy's and Bristol Freighters from SafeAir.

Most people who saw those UFO's are dead.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Most people who saw those UFO's are dead.

… yeah, you get that.

Th guys flying South on the original flight and then the pilots & reporters going down to interview them who were on the flight that made the recording - maybe 40 to 50 years old at the time - would make them between 80 and 90 years old now...

That stuff at the beginning of the video you posted about the UFO looking like an iron bar - what looks like that in the film is just camera shake. At the time it was described as an orb / glowing ball that flew alongside / ahead of / behind the aircraft, and you can see that the only time it looks like a 'bar' is while there's camera jitter happening.

The commentator must never have used a camera - the changing size and brightness are just the object going into and out of focus (big, blurry and dim, small sharp and bright), and the 'Special Frame" where the object dances & leaves a squiggle - here's a couple of photo's I took: One of one of the planets & it's moons (forget which one), and a frame I took of the same scene where I slipped & moved the camera around (& one of some mosquitos flying through the frame at the beach, 'cause it's pretty ambiguous and I like the sine waves their wings made)

planet.PNG.06ca3acf0b066066c92267e88d901e7a.PNG

planet_wobble.PNG.ada5a6dcf2fdcff157f469ea853dfb6e.PNG

mossy.PNG.14fa1f287c86c92ecf7e713a8016dfb2.PNG

Cheers.

If you only hadn't given it away, you could have shared it as ''clearest evidence of extraterrestrials yet!' And sooooome people would have added it to their collection without question.

… yeah, you get that.

Th guys flying South on the original flight and then the pilots & reporters going down to interview them who were on the flight that made the recording - maybe 40 to 50 years old at the time - would make them between 80 and 90 years old now...

That stuff at the beginning of the video you posted about the UFO looking like an iron bar - what looks like that in the film is just camera shake. At the time it was described as an orb / glowing ball that flew alongside / ahead of / behind the aircraft, and you can see that the only time it looks like a 'bar' is while there's camera jitter happening.

The commentator must never have used a camera - the changing size and brightness are just the object going into and out of focus (big, blurry and dim, small sharp and bright), and the 'Special Frame" where the object dances & leaves a squiggle - here's a couple of photo's I took: One of one of the planets & it's moons (forget which one), and a frame I took of the same scene where I slipped & moved the camera around (& one of some mosquitos flying through the frame at the beach, 'cause it's pretty ambiguous and I like the sine waves their wings made)

It would be good to someday talk to the pilots of those UFO's and find out what it was that they were doing out there.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

It would be good to someday talk to the pilots of those UFO's and find out what it was that they were doing out there.

Well, give us a ring when you see them. I assume heaven has some sort of cellular service you can use to call them up. Be like, 'Dawg, I saw you over Area fiddy one, yo. Say whaaaaat?!'

I already talked to them... they are just joy riding and screwing with our minds...and Laughing their “asses” off!!! But wait, do AI actually laugh? Guess they could if programmed to do so.