VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Is the module recognised in the control panel.

If no. Did you do the needed repair? (After every update).

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

same problem, the sentence is recognized from VAICOM but not from DCS.

The firsts two or three sentence are recognize by DCS (eg. Ground power on) then nothing... and i CANNOT anuy more open DCS COMs menù (of course in vaicom Disable menù is OFF) with \ key or VHF UHF keys but if i try before a voice command or without to load vaicom they are working fine

sometimes it look like if it is very very slow or like if the message is recived in DCS only if DCS com menù key is pressed '\'

it seems to be a problem only in MP

i checked it in NTTR theatre, with F16 and SRS active

Edited by Ares63

Yes I stated Vaicomm works in Voice attack just not ingame..I mean it still accepts the command ingame just that the command does not get triggered.. this is a mere hours old Fresh install of Win 10

Right. I think I get it. Commands are understood in VA, but doesn't get passed on to DCS.

Okay. Are you using Stable, OB, Steam? And have you set path an sliders accordingly?

Again, do you see the module in the VAICOM control panel after you have entered the cockpit in DCS?

Cheers!

same problem, the sentence is recognized from VAICOM but not from DCS.

The firsts two or three sentence are recognize by DCS (eg. Ground power on) then nothing... and i CANNOT anuy more open DCS COMs menù (of course in vaicom Disable menù is OFF) with \ key or VHF UHF keys but if i try before a voice command or without to load vaicom they are working fine

sometimes it look like if it is very very slow or like if the message is recived in DCS only if DCS com menù key is pressed '\'

Right. I think I get it. Commands are understood in VA, but doesn't get passed on to DCS. Yes. When you've configured TX buttons in the VAICOM profile in VoiceAttack, they should be disabled in DCS.

Okay. Are you using Stable, OB, Steam? And have you set path and sliders accordingly?

Again, do you see the module in the VAICOM control panel after you have entered the cockpit in DCS?

One more thing, are you saying that if you press the "keyboard radio button" in DCS, suddenly the command works? If yes, which module?

Cheers!

Okay. Are you using Stable, OB, Steam? And have you set path and sliders accordingly?

OB, F16, NTTR, but only in MP in instant flight it works fine

YES

One more thing, are you saying that if you press the "keyboard radio button" in DCS, suddenly the command works? If yes, which module?

Cheers!

YES

this is the sequence

Enter into the serve, asked for groung power by vocie command and the command is recognized from DCS, when i asked fro ground power off is reconignez from VAICOM but not from DCS, if i said it again, nothing if i press DCS menu command then without nay other key i get 2 or more ground power off from DCS, sometimes i have to press more then one time to open the com menù and usually after this any other voice command is not recognized

Right. I think I get it. Commands are understood in VA, but doesn't get passed on to DCS. Yes. When you've configured TX buttons in the VAICOM profile in VoiceAttack, they should be disabled in DCS.

Cheers!

NEW TEST

it seems to be something on the server side, with other server it works fine ...

Suggestion are welcome

Hi

I use VoiceAttack in conjunction with Vaicom in DCS - mostly for commands to Jester.

A while back I had this issue where VA would continuously stop listening. After some googling I found that it was Sonic Studio - stopped that and all was well - uninstalled it for good measure :-p

What I also noticed was that while I was using VA in DCS the comms menu would keep popping up and disappearing. Googled the issue and one of the steps recommended was deleting an export.lua file. That resolved the comms menu popup, but now the "listening suspended" issue is back.

All seems to work fine until I'm loaded into my plane at which point VA gives the red disable icon over the headset icon and the log says "listening suspended".

No more Sonic Studio or the MSI software mentioned, so not sure what is causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I get the red mic symbol a lot.

Fixed by unplugging the usb mic (in my case the Rift usb) and plugging into another port.

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Right. I think I get it. Commands are understood in VA, but doesn't get passed on to DCS.

Okay. Are you using Stable, OB, Steam? And have you set path an sliders accordingly?

Cheers!

1. I am using OB

2. OK the settings where not saving.

3. Yes I see the module when I log in on the Vaicom CP..

OK, I ran the setup and reset all the options in Vaicom config and started DCS and it was working like it should be.. not entirely sure what changed but maybe after setting the settings in config then run DCS helped set them or similar, either way it is working now really wierd haha.

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well there was an update and Vaicom is not working again. it works but does not trigger an ingame action..

IT was stated to do a repair after an update, what is it that I should repair DCS or Vaicom?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well there was an update and Vaicom is not working again. it works but does not trigger an ingame action..

IT was stated to do a repair after an update, what is it that I should repair DCS or Vaicom?

This is what I do after every DCS update. (Like yesterday).

Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS. Delete export.lua (I have a working copy with settings for SRS, VAICOM and TacView in that order). Start VA. Close VA. Delete export.lua again. Copy my copy and rename to export.lua Start VA, start DCS.

It's cumbersome, but it works every time!

Cheers!

This is what I do after every DCS update. (Like yesterday).

Close DCS. Close VA. Repair DCS. Delete export.lua (I have a working copy with settings for SRS, VAICOM and TacView in that order). Start VA. Close VA. Delete export.lua again. Copy my copy and rename to export.lua Start VA, start DCS.

It's cumbersome, but it works every time!

Cheers!

OK I tried that and when I checked my settings they where all reset so I reinstared my settings and started DCS and it did not work. itv works to the point where VA hears the command but it does not trigger a responce in DCS..

Now I checked the Config screen ingame and when I went to the PTT screen the jet was not recognised, I was using the f16 and I dont think any jet is recognised in the PTT Screen maybe that is a clue?

OK I tried that and when I checked my settings they where all reset so I reinstared my settings and started DCS and it did not work. itv works to the point where VA hears the command but it does not trigger a responce in DCS..

Now I checked the Config screen ingame and when I went to the PTT screen the jet was not recognised, I was using the f16 and I dont think any jet is recognised in the PTT Screen maybe that is a clue?

Yes, that's absolutely a clue. It means VAICOM cannot communicate with DCS. VA does not communicate with DCS. That's why VAICOM is a plugin.

Hmmm... You do run VA as administrator?

Huh Well I guess that is what I needed to do but I thought I was running as admin but maybe when I repaired or reinstalled it the admin rights went off..

So I just tested it in Admin mode and it is working. I will try and keep in mind what you said about repairing DCS and Vaicom.

Huh Well I guess that is what I needed to do but I thought I was running as admin but maybe when I repaired or reinstalled it the admin rights went off..

So I just tested it in Admin mode and it is working. I will try and keep in mind what you said about repairing DCS and Vaicom.

Awesome!

Hello !

Has anyone encountered popup of comm menu when using A10C II with Vaicom ?

I checked with legacy A10C and I don't have this problem. I can speech to my wingman through Vaicom and no popup.

I tested that with the Easy Instant Action mission in Caucasus in both airplanes.

Thanks for any advice !

Hello !

Has anyone encountered popup of comm menu when using A10C II with Vaicom ?

I checked with legacy A10C and I don't have this problem. I can speech to my wingman through Vaicom and no popup.

I tested that with the Easy Instant Action mission in Caucasus in both airplanes.

Thanks for any advice !

I delete the export.lua file and let DCS recreate when this happens.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I couldn't get any response in the A10 II last night at all. Worked fine in the original A10. Only had time for a quick test flight so no real resetting of anything.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi

Viacom Pro works fine in all my modules except the Huey. I get the read back of my message, but no response to my calls. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Does this only happen in that module?

Cheers!

Looks like yes, I tested FA18 with SC, wingman and ATC, HUey on a simple mission and again legacy A10C to no luck with the A10C_2 : every push on MIC Switch pops up the Comm menu, workaround is to use another radio to make that menu disapear...

Edit : FYI I am on latest OB repaired with no mods and I followed post patch instructions to re-enable Vaicom

Thank you !

Edited by Nanolab

I couldn't get any response in the A10 II last night at all. Worked fine in the original A10. Only had time for a quick test flight so no real resetting of anything.

Tested myself. Acknowledge beep, but nothings happening. Only A-10C II, everything else is fine.

@Nanolab Try disabling your HOTAS MIC keybinds in DCS config.

Well, thanks a lot !! Simplest solution is always the best !

My bad : I knew I had to get through first installation steps of Vaicom because the plane was new and standalone : not a legacy A10C upgrade....

Everything is now working great !

Well, thanks a lot !! Simplest solution is always the best !

My bad : I knew I had to get through first installation steps of Vaicom because the plane was new and standalone : not a legacy A10C upgrade....

Everything is now working great !

So VAICOM works for you in the new A-10C II? Crossing my fingers here, because then I just messed up.

Tested myself. Acknowledge beep, but nothings happening. Only A-10C II, everything else is fine.

Exactly what I have - will play some more and see

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal