120 range 2 target

HoYa

When firing the 120, in ACM , RWS or TWS, Or even dog fight, I can’t seem to figure out the “hit probability” indicator. Like o the f15 there is a bar on the right side of the hud that slides down the better the odds of a kill.

I’ve tried looking but this seems to escape me,

Thanks to all who reply

The bar on the right side of the HuD indicates distance to target and also the DLZ. The further in the DLZ you are, the higher the odds of hitting an aircraft - but it's not a hit probability indicator, it is a DLZ.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It kind of is. It's a sort of shot kinematic quality indicator.

The heart of the WEZ expressed by the DLZ is the "double lined" region which basically assumes the target does the worst possible maneuver at the moment of launch in terms of getting inside minimum or outside maximum range.

The single-lined part of the DLZ are the min/max ranges without such maneuvers but with good intercept energy at the terminal phase (assuming defensive maneuvers near final intercept). I.e. the target keeps doing what it's doing but does some kind of defense when the missile shows up.

The circle and triangle marks on the DLZ are extra range marks beyond the normal maximum range assuming you perform the optimum loft and without any terminal phase defense energy allowance respectively.

Dynamic LAUNCH Zone, not Dynamic HIT Zone.

The longer you can support the missile with RADAR (datalink is automatic) the better the chance of the missile hitting the target.

It also has other side-effects, such as preventing the missile going "pitbull" early and alerting the aircraft you're shooting at whether you fired or not.

There are a lot of tactics you can employ with BVR.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."