The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to find an answer in this thread if it's been asked before.

The video on the JSGME site says to use the dcs install folder. But I've been installing mods directly into my Saved Games folder. Maps at least... the VR optimized shaders mod won't work there so I'm trying JSGME, but am having that same issue during snapshotting.

Would it not be better to use JSGME with your saved games folder, rather than the main application folder?

• 1 month later...
Hey. after installing and following the instructions I lost my entire modules. I there a way to rectify this or install this again.

You can uninstall the Mod and then do a DCS Repair (unless you use Steam, where instead of repair you have to use Steam's "Verify integrity").

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 5 weeks later...

I am trying to get JSGME working for the beta copy of DCS. When I run the snapshot it seems to stall out just before the green bar is about 3/4 of the way to the end. Then it sits there for 10mins without moving. Is that normal? I’m running an SSD, so that shouldn’t slow it down.

Thanks for any help!!!

AMD 1700X @ 3.9 GHz, OC'd Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 ti Windforce 4G, Oculus Rift CV1, OC'd G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666 C15 2x8GB, MSI x370 Gaming Plus

I am trying to get JSGME working for the beta copy of DCS. When I run the snapshot it seems to stall out just before the green bar is about 3/4 of the way to the end. Then it sits there for 10mins without moving. Is that normal? I’m running an SSD, so that shouldn’t slow it down.

Thanks for any help!!!

See the link in the post above yours, about OvGME. JSGME is 32bit, doesn't really work with 64bit software like DCS. OvGME does.
  • Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I am trying to get JSGME working for the beta copy of DCS. When I run the snapshot it seems to stall out just before the green bar is about 3/4 of the way to the end. Then it sits there for 10mins without moving. Is that normal?

jSGME cant handle files larger than 2 GB (because its a 32-bit software), so it fails when it finds the large Map files that DCS has.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Looks like the links for OvGME do not work. Any ideas where I could get the needed files to install this?

AMD 1700X @ 3.9 GHz, OC'd Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 ti Windforce 4G, Oculus Rift CV1, OC'd G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666 C15 2x8GB, MSI x370 Gaming Plus

• 8 months later...

FFS wouldn't it be a good idea to update the first post to indicate that this software doesn't work anymore?

I've been sat here for three quarters of an hour waiting for it to create a damn snapshot.

And unsticky the blasted post while you're at it!

Edited by Neutrino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2020 at 6:36 PM, Neutrino said:

FFS wouldn't it be a good idea to update the first post to indicate that this software doesn't work anymore?

Only the original poster can update his post, but I agree that this thread should be unstickied, even if the 2012 date of the thread should be a good clue that this is probably obsolete information.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
14 hours ago, Ebs said:

😢 it was good while it lasted 😉

Thanks all. ❤️

OvGME is more friendly to use, nothing goes in DCS folder, your "Mods" folder can be where you want and easy to manage DCS core folder and Saved Games. There is another GME software but I didn't try it 

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 7 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 1:33 PM, Airsniper1 said:

NICE INFO!:)

But, WHERE do I get JSGME? Please

advise and thanks. Stay safe!:)

Look the thread start date .... yep, 10 years ago 🙄  ... all this info is most likely obsolete. May I suggest you to look for a more modern Mod Manager? .. I use OvGME, its not currently supported by its developer, but its a mature software with almost no bugs.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, BeansAir said:

Hey, is there an official link I can download the software from? Thanks!

This is the most official:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4725

you may have to register to be able to download. JSGME was developed by a user of that Forum: JScones .... the mythology says:

"Mr Jones quit developing JSGME back in the nastier climate of Subsim past, where he was, as was the custom then, ripped to pieces by jealous and petty people. Many, many top modders quit during the same time period and I hope Subsim never again descends to the level of sometimes nastiness that prevailed in those days. So if anybody's wondering why RFB, TMO, GWX4, RSRDC and many other mods are no longer maintained, remember, sometimes it would momentarily make you feel better to be nasty but sometimes there is a permanent price to pay. And the whole community must pay that price. Appreciate your modders!"

Let´s hope our Forum never falls to that toxicity level 🙏