How to make your custom skins portable

Alex Okean

• 4 weeks later...

CAN SOMEONE BUILD SOME A-10C SKINS FOR MY SQUANDRON. I HAVE FOUR 354TH CRAPSHOOTERS,355TH BLACK KNIGHTS ,356TH DRAGONS.357TH SHAWODS, WITH TAIL NUMBER AND 12TH VIRTUAL AIR FORCE PATCHES. > HERE THE TAIL SQUANDRON PATCHES AND SIDE OF THE TAIL, ENGINES AND FUSELAGE SQUANDRON PATCHES IF COST LET ME KNOW PLEASE I DESIGN ALL THE SQUANDRON PATCHES FOR THE AIRCRAFT A-10C WARTHOG. I WILL GET A LOT OF PILOT TO BUY AND JION THE DCS A-10C WARTHOG FOR MY SQUADRON THANK YOU

Charlietuna, I'll take the job. Shoot me a PM with what you want, and I'll get working on it. I did also send you an email about it.

Edited by hog_driver111th

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Do you know of a way for F16 skins. I have the template tor the skins and cant put them back in to the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• 1 year later...

I am actually curious as well. The description.lua of either F-16 is rather empty, it so unclear how DCS calls the skins ...

EDIT30-04-2014: Check the F16a MLU folder, and look into the CMD liveries. In the description.lua is the clue you are looking for.

The original:

{"texture f-16-okras-r3.bmp f2 g0", 0, "R3" , false},

So, a edit might look like this:

{"texture f-16-okras-r3.bmp f2 g0", 0, "306sqn.dds" , false},

Do use the .bmp in the first part, it will not work otherwise.

Do use the .dds in the last part, again it wont work otherwise.

False means texture is within the liveries folder.

Hope this helps.

I do advise to start a little reading, starting here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116901

A long read, but worth it, even if you are 'just' into making skins.

Edited by dutch_camel

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, Frank00 said:

What kind of program are you using with DDS file who can't be open with dxt2bmp? DDS plugin in photoshop is not working too...

I use Nvidia texture tool exporter.  It's a process by which you work on the skin template in PSD format, then pull that up in the exporter and save/export as DDS file.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

• 10 months later...