BFVG Harrier Field Ops Mod

SUNTSAG

This Mod is really nice, yet I will never understand, why ED isn't simply giving us a "FARP zone" or a "RefuelRearmInZone Trigger"... anything that a mission designer can lay on top of a spot, if it is flat or not, sand or road, whatever.

The unbelievable "FARP hills" are a nuisance and when the option to start a helicopter or Harrier from the ground, I was so happy, until I remembered the real issue being able to rearm and refuel!:cry:

Can you imagine how cool it would be to lay a NATO "T" on a clearing in the woods, place some fuel trucks and a ammo crate and put a 300ft FARP zone" on top and be good to go?

Then we had the "Grass_Airfield". but still this does not work as a rearming and refueling point/zone...

Does anyone know, where the height of the single FARPs "hill" is set and if that can at least be reduced? :notworthy:

the Height of the Farp comes from the x,y placement of the model in 3dsmax. all models, i.e buildings always normally extend under the 0 y pos so that when they are placed they will always connect with the ground and have no gaps under.

The model can also be corrected using the LUA code also

Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used this mod last year, it's great but needs perfectly flat ground or it floats on one end. Has this been fixed? Sometimes it's tough to get the right spot. I'm going to give it another shot, thanks for putting the work in!

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

This Mod is really nice, yet I will never understand, why ED isn't simply giving us a "FARP zone" or a "RefuelRearmInZone Trigger"... anything that a mission designer can lay on top of a spot, if it is flat or not, sand or road, whatever.

The unbelievable "FARP hills" are a nuisance and when the option to start a helicopter or Harrier from the ground, I was so happy, until I remembered the real issue being able to rearm and refuel!:cry:

Can you imagine how cool it would be to lay a NATO "T" on a clearing in the woods, place some fuel trucks and a ammo crate and put a 300ft FARP zone" on top and be good to go?

Then we had the "Grass_Airfield". but still this does not work as a rearming and refueling point/zone...

Does anyone know, where the height of the single FARPs "hill" is set and if that can at least be reduced? :notworthy:

+ 1000. ED Please!

Edited by Sleipner

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Indeed it is... @Tricky I sent you and the others the MOD pic and instructions the other week... it is probably still on discord unless deleted.

A multiple working FARP on the road system... just reverse the airframe so that the tail just overhangs the shallow slope and thats it... I use a wall to make it visually easier.... note - enforce civilian traffic off LOL...

Screen_190506_232330.png

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png