SUNTSAG

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrier Field Ops Mod in action, thanks again guys

Thanks for the great Video Danny :)

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Just a quick update for you all as I know some people are wondering:

Here is a list of the Aircraft that I know can be spawned as client aircraft slots on the AM2 FARP using the "spawn aircraft anywhere" Mod.

F-86F Sabre

Hawk T.1A

Mirage M-2000C

P-51D Mustang

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

TF51D

these aircraft spawn undamaged and can be rearmed and refuelled and safely taxi off the AM2 FARP.

The following aircraft can safely roll on and off the AM2 FARP if done carefully:

Mirage M-2000C

P-51D Mustang

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

TF51D

the remaining listed aircraft cannot either spawn or roll onto the AM2 FARP without the undercarriage collapsing:

A10C

FC3 Airframes

AJ37 Viggen

These are all the aircraft I have available to test and I can't help being disappointed regarding the Viggen as it would have been ideal additional use of the Mod, particularly in MP; but thems the breaks

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great mod, thanks to all the team :thumbup:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

These are all the aircraft I have available to test and I can't help being disappointed regarding the Viggen as it would have been ideal additional use of the Mod, particularly in MP; but thems the breaks

It's a pity, because the heatblur's own solution at the moment does not work in multiplayer. Already been asked in the forum and we did not have any update on this ...

Great MOD :thumbup:

How are you doing to align many farp runway? In DCS open alpha (2.2)the element are a little above the ground

Hi Frank00,

2.2 is a tad more complicated especially NTTR.....Normandy I am finding some good areas to place larger airstrips.

NTTR is a particularly difficult due to the undulating terrain. My recommendation is find a place where a FARP can sit flat and keep it short and sweet. Only use the x4 length to run off it. Take off in the Harrier from the x4 section having rolled forward out of a hide. It is hard to find a good location but not impossible.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great job but it don't work for me... :helpsmilie: (on 1.5.8 )

edit: i used Win RAR to extract files .

Hi Angus,

Hopefully this should be a realtively simple fix as I have come across this issue before. I recommend updating your WinRAR to the latest version and that should work. :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the big work.

Is there any reason (my mistakes during installation) why now I see the "British Fighting Vehicles Group" intro screen every time I open ANY mission. I mean ... the other ones too. Thx a lot, rob

Edited by rangerobert

How can I build long farp surface to make a runway or a taxiway? Is it an option for this?

Hi Frank00, as I mentioned earlier I am not sure the longer AM2 mats will work in NTTR fully. Its not my map of choice but I do appreciate why others like to use it. When I have finished finding locations on the Normandy map I will look at NTTR in more detail and see what is possible for larger AM2 lengths.

Thanks for the big work.

Is there any reason (my mistakes during installation) why now I see the "British Fighting Vehicles Group" intro screen every time I open ANY mission. I mean ... the other ones too. Thx a lot, rob

Hi Rob You will have selected our wallpaper via the Icon on the main GUI screen. If you want to change it select another wallpaper by clicking on one of the other icons and that should do it.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Rob You will have selected our wallpaper via the Icon on the main GUI screen. If you want to change it select another wallpaper by clicking on one of the other icons and that should do it.

Negative, Sir. I checked it up, but I still have my Harrier wallpaper, as usual. Any other suggestion? Thx, rob

:cry:

Negative, Sir. I checked it up, but I still have my Harrier wallpaper, as usual. Any other suggestion? Thx, rob

Thats very strange Rob but this should eliminate the problem......just delete this folder as per image below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=175872&stc=1&d=1515533606

:cry:

Hi Suntzag, I've tryied it in openbeta too. I saw in the mission file that you did an offroad airport on the map but how you did a full runway?

Hi Frank00, I searched for an area of land flat enough to create the remote airfield. It does take patience and time. Once created I made a template so I could recreate it and try other locations.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BFVG Intro screen on other missions

Just for your info (and maybe to help you to solve this issue for other customers), following your instructions I went to this folder

C:\Users\UTENTE\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\nBFVG Harrier Pack\Skins\1\ME

and I just renamed ONLY this file

StartImage-2.bmp

and the problem disappeared. No need to rename or erase the whole upper folder. There is something that calls for this StartImage file even in the others' missions.

Hope that was helpful to locate where the issue could be

Cheers

rob

I know how hard it is to find locations in NTTR especially for the Harrier longer runway elements. So I have attached a template mission for people to use that contains X2 Harrier field based runway locations and several 6 slot Helo FARP locations in numerous areas on the map.

They are marked on the ME map by Trigger zones labelled HARRIER OPS (in Red) and HELO OPS (in Yellow). So Frank00 I hope this helps you out. :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am pleased people are enjoying our Mod, glad to see some videos coming in of what people use them for. Very Inspiring :)

Thanks All

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Thank you for sharing this mission Suntsag ... very helpful!

I know how hard it is to find locations in NTTR especially for the Harrier longer runway elements. So I have attached a template mission for people to use that contains X2 Harrier field based runway locations and several 6 slot Helo FARP locations in numerous areas on the map.

They are marked on the ME map by Trigger zones labelled HARRIER OPS (in Red) and HELO OPS (in Yellow). So Frank00 I hope this helps you out. :thumbup:

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]