[Tool] DCS Configuration Manager

FitzZZ

Can't close game

When I exit the sim I get the little window asking me to log in and then it launches the sim again if I log in again or cancel on an endless loop of restarting and asking for log in. I have to force computer to shut down and reboot.

It does this either by direct connection, using the config mgr shortcut(s) or from my Steam account. I purchased the sim, terrains, campaigns and aircraft through DCS but have them enabled in Steam as backup.

This problem arose with update 4 and the same time period as a Win 10 and Oculus patch. Don't know if they're related.

Log attached.

Logs.zip

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

"config mgr shortcut(s)" ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

"config mgr shortcut(s)" ?

I'm also having a problem that may be Config Manager related. No matter how I try to run DCS it always opens in VR mode.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Ok, I wasn't clear enough:

What is a/the "config manager" ??

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ok, I wasn't clear enough:

What is a/the "config manager" ??

Oh, sorry. I thought you were offering a suggestion as to the cause of the problem(s).

Here's the link to what had been a handy tool for me prior to update 4 etc.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195480

Ah ok. Also, next time, create your own thread please...

When I exit the sim I get the little window asking me to log in and then it launches the sim again if I log in again or cancel on an endless loop of restarting and asking for log in. I have to force computer to shut down and reboot.

It does this either by direct connection, using the config mgr shortcut(s) or from my Steam account. I purchased the sim, terrains, campaigns and aircraft through DCS but have them enabled in Steam as backup.

This problem arose with update 4 and the same time period as a Win 10 and Oculus patch. Don't know if they're related.

Log attached.

[ATTACH]181587[/ATTACH]

This is a Configuration manager issue, not DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

This is a Configuration manager issue, not DCS.

I am at my wit's end trying to get this resolved and everyone is telling me to get lost.

It's your configuration manager. Can't you offer a suggestion? I posted here on a topic that was similar to my problem and I thought maybe related.

I see you're in Va Beach. I'm in Roanoke. I'll pack up my desktop and drive the 3 hours to your place to get this taken care of.

https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager/commits/master

Clearly SkateZilla isn't involved... talk to FitzZZ...

https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager/commits/master

Clearly SkateZilla isn't involved... talk to FitzZZ...

My apologies. I've only slept a few hours in the past three days trying to find assistance.

oh no problem, I just hope Skate is not "annoyed" by this thread (this thread which now covers 2 issues :P )

oh no problem, I just hope Skate is not "annoyed" by this thread (this thread which now covers 2 issues :P )

I really sorry to have crashed your thread.

Goodbye

No problem, will ask Bignewy to move your posts into the other thread.

So looking at the tool, I would create/use the VR shortcut to launch DCS, but disable VR in DCS?

Thank you for your assistance! I told Hollywood_315 (of Vaicom Pro) it's folks like you who really make this community shine! Cheers!

Hey soupyc,

sorry for the super late replay, I am travelling atm.

If you haven't tried yourself already: yes, the tool will create the VR config once, automatically enabling VR in that config. If you start the VR version and disable it in the settings, it will stay that way. Hope it works out for ya!

(I don't quite understand the remark about Hollywood_315 though :-) )

Cheers

FitzZZ

Edited by FitzZZ

Check out the DCS Configuration Manager for controls, settings VR and sound device management!

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

Want to support my work? Click here :pilotfly:

My apologies. I've only slept a few hours in the past three days trying to find assistance.

Sup gordon200,

I am currently travelling, thus my late response and very limited resources to help right now. The thread that got merged with mine here confuses me a little.

To clear things up for me, are these your problems?

• The game always starts in VR mode when using the links created through DCS CM
  • whenever you use the DCS CM made shortcuts and exit the game, you get into a login loop

I saw you mentioning that the second one also happens for shortcuts in Steam. Does that shortcut start the game directly or does it actually call the DCS CM .exe?

Cheers m8,

FitzZZ

Check out the DCS Configuration Manager for controls, settings VR and sound device management!

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

Hey soupyc,

sorry for the super late replay, I am travelling atm.

If you haven't tried yourself already: yes, the tool will create the VR config once, automatically enabling VR in that config. If you start the VR version and disable it in the settings, it will stay that way. Hope it works out for ya!

(I don't quite understand the remark about Hollywood_315 though :-) )

Cheers

FitzZZ

I'm sure he meant folks like Hollywood_315, creator of Vaicom, and you make this community shine. :thumbup:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

[Tool] DCS Configuration Manager

I'm sure he meant folks like Hollywood_315, creator of Vaicom, and you make this community shine.

Ohhh hehe. Thanks

Sup gordon200,

I am currently travelling, thus my late response and very limited resources to help right now. The thread that got merged with mine here confuses me a little.

To clear things up for me, are these your problems?

• The game always starts in VR mode when using the links created through DCS CM
  • whenever you use the DCS CM made shortcuts and exit the game, you get into a login loop

I saw you mentioning that the second one also happens for shortcuts in Steam. Does that shortcut start the game directly or does it actually call the DCS CM .exe?

Cheers m8,

FitzZZ

There seemed to be multiple problems with Steam/Oculus/DCS sync as well as a corrupt GPU driver. So I deleted everything on hard drives down to bare OS and reinstalled. I haven't had the time to fly yet but everything seems to be operating for the moment.

I'm taking the opportunity to approach things with a fresh attitude and clean slate.

Many thanks for your hard work.

Cheers

There seemed to be multiple problems with Steam/Oculus/DCS sync as well as a corrupt GPU driver. So I deleted everything on hard drives down to bare OS and reinstalled. I haven't had the time to fly yet but everything seems to be operating for the moment.

I'm taking the opportunity to approach things with a fresh attitude and clean slate.

Many thanks for your hard work.

Cheers

Good to hear! A fresh start sometimes works wonders hope stuff goes well for you now.

Cheers

FitzZZ

• 2 months later...

For mapping I have DCS release version that I am sharing controls from for my DCS beta planes. I have a new plane [f-18] installed on DCS beta not on DCS release, how does the new plane get configured in DCS configuration manager if it's not on DCS release version?

Thank you.

FitzZZ,

Question for you. Is there a way to use two different config files? I don't mean switching between VR and non-VR. But being able to have two different game settings, one for VR and another one for non-VR. This would be for both Beta and GA, so there would be a total of four different configs. Thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 4 months later...

This tool is really useful if you want to shift between VR and normal monitor frequently without having to toggle all the display settings and restart DCS 1 or more times. DCS should have this capability built into the default launcher (like Aces High does!), but since it doesn't, this tool gets the job done. Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]