[Tool] DCS Configuration Manager

FitzZZ

FitzZZ,

Question for you. Whenever I fire this up, (just downloaded it), it connects to numpy.org. I'm assuming you used python and numpy?

Hey hansangb,

to be perfectly honest, I didn't know it does that. That's not part of my code (which you can review on the GitHub page here: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager)

The only thing I can imagine is that it comes from one of the 3rd party libraries I use, namely MehApps.Metro, NLog and AudioSwitcher. Is this a security or privacy concern for you? Then I'd dig deeper and see where it actually comes from.

Cheers

Check out the DCS Configuration Manager for controls, settings VR and sound device management!

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

Want to support my work? Click here :pilotfly:

No, not a security concern given that it's numpy. But will look at your github. Thanks!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This is fantastic! One question, is there any way to make the sound switcher work without being tied to VR? I have two outputs and sometimes want to use one, sometimes the other, but do not use VR.

Thanks!

Hey Soupyc ,

while this isn't something the tool was designed for, you can still do it. The tool will only activate VR once in the configuration file. So if you don't mind it switching between two configs, it could still do that for you. They can still be the same settings wise :-)

Hope that works for you,

Cheers, FitzZZ

Check out the DCS Configuration Manager for controls, settings VR and sound device management!

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

Maybe a stupid question, but how exactly can you install this on a Windows 10 OS if its blocked? What setting does need to be changed to make it possible?

Thanks

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Maybe a stupid question, but how exactly can you install this on a Windows 10 OS if its blocked? What setting does need to be changed to make it possible?

Thanks

Hey! There's a small link in the window like "more information" or something like that. Click it and the "run anyways" button will appear.

Cheers

FitzZZ

It installs but nothing launches, when i click it it says already running but i cannot find any trace anywhere. deinstalled, reinstalled, etc..

any "how to" available ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It installs but nothing launches, when i click it it says already running but i cannot find any trace anywhere. deinstalled, reinstalled, etc..

any "how to" available ?

Hey,

really no how to needed here - it might hang for some reason without showing the window due to some "special thing" on your system that it can't handle. Pretty much impossible for me to check what that could be from here. Did you restart and retry using the start menu link?

• Like 1

Hey,

really no how to needed here - it might hang for some reason without showing the window due to some "special thing" on your system that it can't handle. Pretty much impossible for me to check what that could be from here. Did you restart and retry using the start menu link?

Rebooted, still no luck.

The same "install from web" popup comes and then it just vanishes.

Where should the files be installed to ? I cannot find any

Should there be a process in TaskManager ? There is no process that I think belongs to DCSCM

Should there be an entry in my Startmenue ? I have none

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Rebooted, still no luck.

The same "install from web" popup comes and then it just vanishes.

Where should the files be installed to ? I cannot find any

Should there be a process in TaskManager ? There is no process that I think belongs to DCSCM

Should there be an entry in my Startmenue ? I have none

Sorry that it isn't working out for you at this point!

Yes, it has a start menu entry named "DCS Configuration Manager". If the app manages to start (which in your case I think it does not), there's an exe with the same name visible in Task Manager.

The path is ... randomized by Windows, that's just how it handles this kind of installer. It'll be at some obscured path at appdata\local\apps\2.0\... - the rest is randomly generated for your system.

Could you please try to run the "portable" version from GitHub? If that one doesn't start as well, please check if there's a "clone" at %username%\AppData\Local\DCSConfMgr and if there's a log.

Also, if it doesn't open, please check your Windows Application log for entries regarding the app, I suspect a .NET crash message might be there.

We'll get this thing working for you somehow :-)

Cheers

Ok, will try asap...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ok, will try asap...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

As we're in the same TZ, you can also hit me up on Discord if you like. I should have a bit of time this evening. :-) https://discord.gg/nAnBh

ehhhh damn ! LoL !

The log from %username%\AppData\Local\DCSConfMgr has it:

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8742|WARN|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Request for DCS Registry Path for current failed. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8742|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Requested DCS Registry Path for current :

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|WARN|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Request for DCS Registry Path for alpha failed. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Requested DCS Registry Path for alpha :

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|WARN|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Request for DCS Registry Path for beta failed. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Requested DCS Registry Path for beta :

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Checking for junctions...

need the damn regkeys...will check and see if I can correct them out of memory.

*edit:

since I got this new cable ISP with 500Mbit..well..I just deleted my 2 installs and are currently downloading them all fresh, wanted to do that anyways.

OMG, how I love this new line, 20x faster than my old ISP, this really shines with such big downloads.

63MB/sec...wow... will be done shortly

Edited by BitMaster

ehhhh damn ! LoL !

The log from %username%\AppData\Local\DCSConfMgr has it:

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8742|WARN|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Request for DCS Registry Path for current failed. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8742|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Requested DCS Registry Path for current :

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|WARN|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Request for DCS Registry Path for alpha failed. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Requested DCS Registry Path for alpha :

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|WARN|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Request for DCS Registry Path for beta failed. Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Requested DCS Registry Path for beta :

2018-02-27 23:47:05.8903|INFO|DCS_ConfigMgmt.MainWindow|Checking for junctions...

need the damn regkeys...will check and see if I can correct them out of memory.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

Content like this:

"Path"="g:\\DCS World OpenBeta"

"Version"="1.5"

"Language"="EN"

:-)

Not sure if that's the issue, but it needs those for sure.

It didnt work out as planned :(

Reinstalled both versions and still the same, tho the error in log has gone, as you assumed, it wasnt the regkey ( alone ).

log attached

DCSCM.rar

It didnt work out as planned :(

Reinstalled both versions and still the same, tho the error in log has gone, as you assumed, it wasnt the regkey ( alone ).

log attached

Could you please check your Windows Application log for entries regarding the app, I suspect a .NET crash message might be there.

Yes, there are plenty but all in german.

I couldnt find any info in it why it happens, but I am no developer at all.

Can you read those in german ?

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: DCS Configuration Manger.exe, Version: 0.1.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5a771543

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.16299.248, Zeitstempel: 0xeffc9126

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x000000000004be7b

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3cd8

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d3b02b31e6052b

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Lars\Desktop\dcscm\DCS Configuration Manger.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Berichtskennung: 5fd2cd09-56eb-41ba-8a3b-47fd230ecf4e

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Fehlerbucket 1891766482342858768, Typ 4

Ereignisname: APPCRASH

Antwort: Nicht verfügbar

CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:

P1: DCS Configuration Manger.exe

P2: 0.1.0.0

P3: 5a771543

P4: ntdll.dll

P5: 10.0.16299.248

P6: effc9126

P7: c0000005

P8: 000000000004be7b

P9:

P10:

Angefügte Dateien:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD7A7.tmp.dmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDA3A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDA38.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDA58.tmp.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_DCS Configuratio_27591191e8fe4ae3d66e096cacdf39e614c274_61e5262a_3a67e19a

Analysesymbol:

Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0

Berichts-ID: 5fd2cd09-56eb-41ba-8a3b-47fd230ecf4e

Berichtstatus: 268435456

Bucket mit Hash: 15f6effed38c19838a40e797ba095010

more logs ??

Yes, there are plenty but all in german.

I couldnt find any info in it why it happens, but I am no developer at all.

Can you read those in german ?

more logs ??

Yes I can read it (I'm german, too ;-) ) - unfortunately this tells me nothing. No .NET related errors? Those usually tell where exactly where it happened in the code.

I found it, and it is very very odd.

d3d9.dll !!! That file was needed.

How I found that one ? Well....long story:

Maybe 2 years back when W10 came around (2 years, really..? ) my Target Software stopped working. After weeks of searching the bug I got a tip from a fellow forum member that he fixed his with this file being added into the same folder as the app's exe. Well, it worked.

A year later, when SRS came out, I had the same issue, after many things I tried that thing...and it worked too.

Now this is the THIRD app that needs this, on a totally different W10 install, this install is fresh, like 2 month old, and I need that file 3x now for 3 different apps. Target, SRS and DCSCM.

Very very strange.

I have afew other games installed, plzus Steam and Origin, PUBG, Dirt Series, tons of stuff. I am puzzled that no installer ever did install that DX9 file properly.

Well, it's fixed and I can check it out now ;)

Thank you anyway for supporting your baby that closely and integer !

People like you make DCS even greater :flowers:

Haha that is amazing :-D Weirdly enough you're the first one reporting this, but good to know. Hope it works for you now and doesn't have any more issues :-D Thanks for posting the solution, made me smile ^^

Cheers

FitzZZ

It is odd and uncommon but from Target Software I know I am not the only one who has it.

The file actually is installed many times on the OS drive, in many different versions, or better said, sizes. The correct one has 1.56MB and needs to be copied into the same folder where the .exe files resides that won't open otherwise.

scan your c drive for d3d9.dll and see yourself how many different version/editions you have from that same file in many different system folders.

I actually have exactly two: a 32-bit and a 64-bit version in the corresponding syswow64/system32 directory (excluding the component store). :-)

Well, doesn't matter anymore fortunately :)

Finally I found a solution for my installation problem.

When I was installing the DCSCM-Setup, I got this error popping up (of course with DCSCM text ;-) ): https://i.imgur.com/EMqQwvp.png

I had to delete a Registry Key to get it to work...

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\Security\Policy\ThrustManager

And since then, the installation was possible as you described ;-). Just in case somebody else is scratching his head :)

Thanks

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Soupyc ,

while this isn't something the tool was designed for, you can still do it. The tool will only activate VR once in the configuration file. So if you don't mind it switching between two configs, it could still do that for you. They can still be the same settings wise :-)

Hope that works for you,

Cheers, FitzZZ

So looking at the tool, I would create/use the VR shortcut to launch DCS, but disable VR in DCS?

Thank you for your assistance! I told Hollywood_315 (of Vaicom Pro) it's folks like you who really make this community shine! Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

• 2 weeks later...
So looking at the tool, I would create/use the VR shortcut to launch DCS, but disable VR in DCS?

Thank you for your assistance! I told Hollywood_315 (of Vaicom Pro) it's folks like you who really make this community shine! Cheers!

The DCS Config Manager worked well for me until update 5. Now I can only launch the game in VR using the shortcuts or directly from downloaded files on my SSD. I see some people referring to disable VR launch but do not see an option to do so.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and config manager numerous times with no success in getting the game to open non-vr since the last update. I play the sim in vr but want to be able to set up controls when I can see the keyboard and hotas which is a real pain in the arse under the hood.

How can I disable VR launch?

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

One other glitch has risen. Now when I exit the sim I get the little window asking me to log in and then it launches the sim again if I log in again or cancel on an endless loop of restarting and asking for log in.

It does this either by direct connection, using the config mgr shortcut(s) or from my Steam account. I purchased the sim, terrains, campaigns and aircraft through DCS but have them enabled in Steam as backup.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit