Mod that allowed aircraft to start from anywhere

Pikey

Didn't keep the link but did cut and paste the info into a document of tips and techniques. So hopefully this is what you are after.

<snip>

If you’d like to place planes on the ground, there’s now a way to do it with a slight ME modification. Take note controlled AI planes explode upon spawning. Set them to uncontrolled in order to avoid it.

To spawn planes on the ground, the following has to be added to the plane_one_point and plane_first_point tables in the MissionEditor\modules\me_route.lua file:

Code:

actions.takeoffGround, actions.takeoffGroundHot

Should look like this:

Code:

plane_one_point = { actions.turningPoint, actions.flyOverPoint, actions.takeoffRunway, actions.takeoffParking, actions.takeoffParkingHot, actions.landing, actions.takeoffGround, actions.takeoffGroundHot, }, plane_first_point = { actions.turningPoint, actions.flyOverPoint, actions.takeoffRunway, actions.takeoffParking, actions.takeoffParkingHot, actions.takeoffGround, actions.takeoffGroundHot, },

DCS will say it’s an air start but they start on the ground. This way AC can be placed everywhere, as long as it’s flat ground. As all the props are able to take off and land on the grass just fine, this could be a great addition to some WWII environments

<endsnip>

• Like 1

<snip>

If you’d like to place planes on the ground, there’s now a way to do it with a slight ME modification. Take note controlled AI planes explode upon spawning. Set them to uncontrolled in order to avoid it.

To spawn planes on the ground, the following has to be added to the plane_one_point and plane_first_point tables in the MissionEditor\modules\me_route.lua file:

Code:

actions.takeoffGround, actions.takeoffGroundHot

Should look like this:

Code:

plane_one_point = { actions.turningPoint, actions.flyOverPoint, actions.takeoffRunway, actions.takeoffParking, actions.takeoffParkingHot, actions.landing, actions.takeoffGround, actions.takeoffGroundHot, }, plane_first_point = { actions.turningPoint, actions.flyOverPoint, actions.takeoffRunway, actions.takeoffParking, actions.takeoffParkingHot, actions.takeoffGround, actions.takeoffGroundHot, },

DCS will say it’s an air start but they start on the ground. This way AC can be placed everywhere, as long as it’s flat ground. As all the props are able to take off and land on the grass just fine, this could be a great addition to some WWII environments

<endsnip>

This is very cool!

I will explore!

Thank you.:thumbup:

Update,

I did try this.

Sadly this will cause DCS to crash.

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Worked fine for me?

plane_one_point = {

actions.turningPoint,

actions.flyOverPoint,

actions.takeoffRunway,

actions.takeoffParking,

actions.takeoffParkingHot,

actions.landing,

actions.takeoffGround, --added as a mod

actions.takeoffGroundHot, --added as a mod

},

plane_first_point = {

actions.turningPoint,

actions.flyOverPoint,

actions.takeoffRunway,

actions.takeoffParking,

actions.takeoffParkingHot,

actions.takeoffGround, --added as a mod

actions.takeoffGroundHot, --added as a mod

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 months later...

Using this but terrain is pretty rough. Any easy way to find flat ground? :cry:

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 2 months later...

Try This. It is a JSGME file and it is only necessary for the mission builder to have it. You will see a choice show up in the drop down menu that you normally use to place an aircraft on the ramp or runway at the start of the mission. Anyone joining a multiplayer mission will spawn in the a/c without having this mod on their game. I know that I found this mod in here a long time ago but I can't locate it using the search function.

Ground Takeoff.rar

Edited by AG-51_Razor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Works for me.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I have only tried this with mods, not full modules.

I will check this and report back.

I will try it as well

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

This will not work with SFM / Non Full-Fidelity aircraft.

Helicopters can already take advantage and anything that has a full flight model - The F-15 / 27/29/33 all do not have the code needed to use this.

STT Radar issue is leftover code.

• 2 months later...

Ok, that's done.

Added FARP ammo and fuel without a FARP and of course can't rearm/refuel. The ammunition warehouse didn't work either. Any ideas?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

What about using the "grass field" that is partially implemented?

Since when? And how far implemented? I haven't tried recently but it never worked before.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Since when? And how far implemented? I haven't tried recently but it never worked before.

It's there and you can place it, it has a warehouse but you can't see anything in the 3D world or place A/C at one. I was thinking of a test with the VP airfield equipment mod to see how good I could make it.

It's there and you can place it, it has a warehouse but you can't see anything in the 3D world or place A/C at one. I was thinking of a test with the VP airfield equipment mod to see how good I could make it.

I don't know what 'the VP airfield equipment mod' is. I did place a grass airfield in a test mission. There is nothing to see and I don't think it is flattened for takeoff and landing, at least I found it difficult but achievable. I had to mark it with airshow cones to know where the 'runway' was supposed to be.

I am hoping the grass field will become useable soon so that we can add a few more fields to Normandy's S. England (I accept and appreciate that in S. England ED have already given us more than they planned for Normandy).

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

I don't know what 'the VP airfield equipment mod' is. I did place a grass airfield in a test mission. There is nothing to see and I don't think it is flattened for takeoff and landing, at least I found it difficult but achievable. I had to mark it with airshow cones to know where the 'runway' was supposed to be.

I am hoping the grass field will become useable soon so that we can add a few more fields to Normandy's S. England (I accept and appreciate that in S. England ED have already given us more than they planned for Normandy).

I was just suggesting that adding the grass field would enable the use of the warehouse since it isn't working with the mod.

Adding hangers from the VP Airfield Equipment mod would make it look more like an airfield