DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Great. Also any chance of Secure voice being implemented using the appropriate onboard comm assets?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Great. Also any chance of Secure voice being implemented using the appropriate onboard comm assets?

Yes it will be done eventually but it's quite low down the list.

In the interim I'm building an option that can be enabled severside which disables you being able to hear another coalition's radio which'll help if some large servers use it and for the next Blue Flag

Separately you'll also be able to control if spectators can talk.

Kick and ban on a very basic admin interface is also done and all this should be released by this Sunday.

Then it'll hopefully be a working intercom system the week after.

Once all that's working, I'll start on distance limitations and finally line of sight.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Still haven't had chance to test this yet, is UHF Guard monitoring implemented for aircraft with a dedicated guard receiver?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes, the UHF Guard is imlpemented for all the planes that have Guard (A-10A/C, F-15C, MiG-29A/G/S, SU27/33, SU-25A/T, Sabre, UH-1H, Hip, L-39, 21)

The SR lua code could be tweaked easily, so the F-5E-3 will be easy to add (I think)

Wow Ciri, you really came back from your holiday...HARD...! Thats a hellish workload/feature list, i'm really impressed with the speed of feature update, right now its perfectly workable for squadrons using it themselves, but faction limits and some MP tools would bring this up to speed for many multiplayer servers to use and match random players online.

FWIW Eddie, you should look into it, its for DCS only, replaces nothing unless you are set on an existing one, but because its standalone, you dont have to mess about reconfiguring anything you already have. In fact we use TS underneath it, mainly to get ourselves organised and briefed, then just mute ourselves once comms check done.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

FWIW Eddie, you should look into it, its for DCS only, replaces nothing unless you are set on an existing one, but because its standalone, you dont have to mess about reconfiguring anything you already have. In fact we use TS underneath it, mainly to get ourselves organised and briefed, then just mute ourselves once comms check done.

I/we will for sure, it is very promising indeed. We're just waiting for a few more features to be implemented really.

We've been flying with radio plugins since the beginning with TARS, now using UniversRadio. So nothing new, we flat out couldn't fly without done kind of radio plugin/utility. Which makes this all the more appealing given the standalone nature and the fact that ciribob is doing such a great job supporting and advancing it.

Fingers crossed in the near future. There are still a lot of stability and feature issues with Aries & UR that are quite frustrating, despite the effort the devs of each put in.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Standalone radio is the way to go. TAW have set up a server on IP 37.59.10.136. Set the server address in client and test it out. I'm not sure how many actually have tried the connection but I have seen some activity.

EDIT: But TAW is also using UniversRadio in all our internal missions as we require the features of UR.

Edited by HiJack

So correct me if im wrong but does this recognize the currently selected channel or pre set channel in the aircraft and use that for radio signal or does it use its own to go through the server. A more comprehensive video on how stuff works would help us mentally challenged folk not familiar with coding and such.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Cribob: Very promising work so far based on what I can read. I have not been able to test this yet, but will look into this when distance limitation and line of sight i in the works.

In the 132nd we have run large MP Coop missions, currently limiting it to 32 players. The reason is that we way back did a test with about 50 players, and then had TS crash, as TS could not handle 50 players in the same channel talking (We used Aries for that specific test, but testet also without the plugin, and people just talking)

With this radiomod, do you currently have an estimate how many players that can use the software at the same time? (We are looking for ways to increase the number of participants on our events, but currently we can not do it with using TS as the base for the radio mods).

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Wow Ciri, you really came back from your holiday...HARD...! Thats a hellish workload/feature list, i'm really impressed with the speed of feature update, right now its perfectly workable for squadrons using it themselves, but faction limits and some MP tools would bring this up to speed for many multiplayer servers to use and match random players online.

I will slow soon, or I will die at my keyboard... :P

So correct me if im wrong but does this recognize the currently selected channel or pre set channel in the aircraft and use that for radio signal or does it use its own to go through the server. A more comprehensive video on how stuff works would help us mentally challenged folk not familiar with coding and such.

It takes the radio frequency directly from the Sim. If you've configured your radio to use the preset channels ie on Huey or A-10c, it'll show the actual frequency of that channel or if you've switch it to manual mode it'll go with whats on your radio dial for all non fc3 aircraft.

An interesting quirk of this if in a Huey the radios are quite vulnerable to ground fire so you may see the Radios switch to 0.000 in the overlay when damaged!

I will do a video at some point, the current issue is lack of time! If anyone else wants to do a tutorial and overview I would be eternally grateful.

When I open the overlay it looks like this

https://gyazo.com/20e7f62067f607fea65fe2a1facfbaad

How can I fix this? We were trying to use this tonight but could not get it to work. Were trying it with buddy spike server ip

Are you running on multiple screens (probably 3) by any chance? I think Pikey solved this for someone in his squad. Try dragging the radio to the edge of the screen so it expands to full. You can then resize it as normal with the resize control bottom right. I've only got one screen so can't test, sorry!

Cribob: Very promising work so far based on what I can read. I have not been able to test this yet, but will look into this when distance limitation and line of sight i in the works.

In the 132nd we have run large MP Coop missions, currently limiting it to 32 players. The reason is that we way back did a test with about 50 players, and then had TS crash, as TS could not handle 50 players in the same channel talking (We used Aries for that specific test, but testet also without the plugin, and people just talking)

With this radiomod, do you currently have an estimate how many players that can use the software at the same time? (We are looking for ways to increase the number of participants on our events, but currently we can not do it with using TS as the base for the radio mods).

Thanks! In theory this should be fine for 50 players as long as the CPU on your server is enough and there is plenty of bandwidth.

I don't have any estimates yet, hopefully we'll see how it goes with BlueFlag. If we can get 30+ current this early on I'll be incredibly happy.

As I posted earlier, the protocol is very naive and needs optimisation but that will happen over time.

If you do try it without the LOS and Distance limitations, please let me know how you get on! :)

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Are you running on multiple screens (probably 3) by any chance? I think Pikey solved this for someone in his squad. Try dragging the radio to the edge of the screen so it expands to full. You can then resize it as normal with the resize control bottom right. I've only got one screen so can't test, sorry!

Yes, I have tripple monitors. And you fix worked perfect!! Awesome!

I just did some test in A-10C and your program works great! Thank you! Free from TS plugins at last:D

I wonder, would it be possible to make radio select buttons work also as a PTT for that radio? So that, for example if I bind radio 2 to MIC switch forward on Warthog, pressing it would transmit on AM radio?

Good idea! I can add to the list and make it a setting so its either switch radio or switch + PTT.

Great update! Could you possibly change the BANNED file to be read from time to time to build a new active banned list? We don't want to restart the server when there is users in there so it will be another (local desktop) server management job to do it manually. Or add a button to click for reloading the banned file without restarting the radio server?

Edited by HiJack

Hmm, the installer stripped the export line out Ciri. so it stopped working, i'll try find what it was whilst you get to this.

The other thing...I take it the server now has to have the GameGui.lua and the SR-server.exe both running on it else you dont get player names for the connected/banlist? Does it have to be used? And do I have to use the installer/run other elements of the radio on the server as I have issues as its on my lan broadcasting away and conflicts.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hmm, the installer stripped the export line out Ciri. so it stopped working, i'll try find what it was whilst you get to this.

The other thing...I take it the server now has to have the GameGui.lua and the SR-server.exe both running on it else you dont get player names for the connected/banlist? Does it have to be used? And do I have to use the installer/run other elements of the radio on the server as I have issues as its on my lan broadcasting away and conflicts.

Bugger... That means I broke the installer.... I was doing so well! Will fix tomorrow :)

Nope GameGUI doesnt have to be server side, just clientside. Its the only way to retrieve the player slot reliably to get the coalition :)

We've just done a bigish test on BlueFlag and it seems to be having some issues with who can hear who so i'll investigate and fix tomorrow.

Hi,

Had a question about the Radio system. I was testing it by running the server on my computer and connect to it. Then using the mission editor placing down aircraft to check the radios. I was wondering, what aircraft is this working for ? I was able to get the overlay to show connection on the FC3 aircraft I tried (A-10a,SU-25T) and on the A-10c. But I wasn't able to get it to work on any of the Helicopters or any of the other fixed wing aircraft. Tested both 1.0.6 and 1.0.7

Thanks

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New Release - Version v1.0.8.0

Bug fix for audio cutting out on 1.0.7.0 and all users must update to this version to ensure the audio will work.

Please double check your export.lua has the line:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

As the previous installer removed it and didnt re-add it!

Change Log (From 1.0.7.0):

• New Server side option - Disable Spectator Audio - Stop spectators being able to transmit audio
  • New Server side option - Secure Coalition Radios - Stop either side being able to hear the other sides audio
  • New Admin Panel - List players, coalition and DCS in-game name
  • Ability to kick or Ban players from admin panel with right click
  • Fixed enabling radio effects breaking the audio channel selection
  • Improved UDP protocol and reduced packet size
  • Added in-cockpit PTT support for: Huey, Mi-8, L-39, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-21, P-51d
  • Fixed intercom on L-39. You can have a private conversation with the backseat :)

For the server host, you need to open UDP and TCP ports 5010 and 5002.

Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.

UDP Protocol has changed so older versions will no longer connect to this version properly.

Make sure if you install manually to copy the new DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua file as well as the DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to the scripts folder or it wont work.

Please let me know if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts - Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Edited by Ciribob

Hi,

Had a question about the Radio system. I was testing it by running the server on my computer and connect to it. Then using the mission editor placing down aircraft to check the radios. I was wondering, what aircraft is this working for ? I was able to get the overlay to show connection on the FC3 aircraft I tried (A-10a,SU-25T) and on the A-10c. But I wasn't able to get it to work on any of the Helicopters or any of the other fixed wing aircraft. Tested both 1.0.6 and 1.0.7

Thanks

It works for all aircraft. Make sure you try this new update as your export.lua may have been messed up by the installer for 1.0.7.0 but the 1.0.8.0 version fixes it.

Are you sure that all the radios were powered up ok?

I will hopefully do a quick video this afternoon demoing the latest version to make it easier :)

Thanks! In theory this should be fine for 50 players as long as the CPU on your server is enough and there is plenty of bandwidth.

I don't have any estimates yet, hopefully we'll see how it goes with BlueFlag. If we can get 30+ current this early on I'll be incredibly happy.

As I posted earlier, the protocol is very naive and needs optimisation but that will happen over time.

If you do try it without the LOS and Distance limitations, please let me know how you get on! :)

Sounds good. I think this is really promising and interesting to follow.

Currently we are still on the sideline, as it still are lacking some features we need for our events, but with the progress you have made so far, I hope this will be come in due time, and once those features are in place, the 132nd would be happy to participate in any testing in larger scale.

- Can you describe a little on how GCI support is working? How many radios will a controller have availeble? We currently use human controllers both as ATC controllers and AWACS controllers during missions, so this feature is very important for us.

- Can you describe/explain a little on how CA is working? We are using human JTAC's in our missions and thus this is of course also very important for us.

Dont hesitat to let me know if I/we can be of any support.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

It works for all aircraft. Make sure you try this new update as your export.lua may have been messed up by the installer for 1.0.7.0 but the 1.0.8.0 version fixes it.

Are you sure that all the radios were powered up ok?

I will hopefully do a quick video this afternoon demoing the latest version to make it easier :)

Outstanding! Used 1.0.6 on TAW#1 last night and it sounded great, but the functionality wasn't there from the aircraft side, just CA. A video showing everyone how to properly install, and then showing the process of connecting, will go a long way (I think) to getting more people on board.

Additionally, I may have been confused in trying, but I was not able to get someone to connect to a server I attempted to host on 1.0.7; what is the process for setting one up? My attempt was to "run" the server, and then provide my public IP to my buddy, (same as my DCS server IP). He couldn't connect, nor could my client connect to my own, unless I used my local IP. I have put the listed ports through the firewall. Are there other ports to forward to use the server-side tool?

Thanks for your efforts and extremely fast corrections here, Ciribob! Can't say enough how awesome this is.

@NECK

Every CA user has 3 radios available, radio 1 and 2 for HF/VHF/UHF (AM range 2-400Mhz) communications and radio 3 for VHF FM communications (20-76Mhz).

Radio 1 and 2 cover all the frequencies of all the airplanes so are designed primary for the GCI/AWACS/Tower.

Radio 3 is a VHF FM radio so is designed for the JTAC role.

The FC3 planes are equipped with their respective real life type and number of radios, so you´ve got:

F-15C: 2 UHF radios in the UHF 200-400Mhz range.

A-10A: the same 3 radios of the A-10C

Su-27S/33: R-800 V/UHF and R-864 HF (yes a HF like the Mi-8 Jadro or the MiG-15 radio, it´s a long range interceptor so is necessary a long range radio).

MiG-29: 1 R-862 V/UHF

Su25-A/T: 1 R-862 V/UHF and 1 R-828 (VHF FM radio)