DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Is any of the big / dedicated servers (104th, open conflict, VA, TAW) running this mod. Would love to try and test it on a large open server and see how it works there.

Maybe we could make a list of the servers using this and IP for the radio servers?

Yes, TAW have set up Simple Radio to be used when you play on our public servers. Set IP address in Simple Radio to 37.59.10.136. Have fun! :thumbup:

Ciribob, have you planned any moderator access to the voice server for kicking abusive players? Ban of accounts? Password protected login? The current open profile will be a problem in the longer term.

EDIT: Actually the best would be to limit the radio to a Teamspeak server address so users must be in the TS server. That way we can use the banning/kicking in the TS as means of moderation.

Edited by HiJack

Yes, TAW have set up Simple Radio to be used when you play on our public servers. Set IP address in Simple Radio to 37.59.10.136. Have fun! :thumbup:

Does this one work for all the servers (i suppose you will have a problem with people talking to each other across different servers?) or is this ip specifically bound to a single server, in that case which server is it bound to?

Does this one work for all the servers (i suppose you will have a problem with people talking to each other across different servers?) or is this ip specifically bound to a single server, in that case which server is it bound to?

You need to be connected to the same DCS mission to communicate but it is very free regarding where the user connects from. Players may be sitting home without connecting to TS as far as I know and that will be a problem I believe. So I guess some TS plugin must be used to get player/IP or some means of access restriction. We will need to moderate users on systems like these on the same way as TS moderation. But for this radio mod I believe the simplest way to create a moderation system is to use TS system that already is there.

EDIT: But yes, you can connect to any server actually but the players must use the same SimpleRadio server and be in the same DCS Mission. But they can sit wherever and don't need to access Teamspeak (at this point). That opens up problems with "ghosting" and we don't want that, do we?

Edited by HiJack

I think a lot of us have been trying to push it on those servers (sorry!).

Regarding the moderator stuff. I think the main point of this is to make it easy and standalone. Like an integrated feature almost (IMHO, not speaking for Ciribob of course).

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Yes, it may not need any moderating at all. And as Coxy pointed out you must be in the same frequency as the offender so it should be easy to choose another channel with your team. But can you imagine someone trying all the frequencies :P

I think you guys are over thinking this. Theoretically, I could open DCS, select an a/c with the correct radio frequency range, select the correct frequency and open my Simple Radio Stand alone client and point it at a server that I know is using it and annoying four people.

Most TS Trolls don't have the game and would not have the app or find the IP address for it so mostly the issue would be be with players who are serious enough about DCS to install it. I don't think the risk is very high.

If an incident were to happen, as I interpret the roadmap, in the future they will need to be connected to the DCS server you are in and it will be a simple matter of banning the player or password the server.

• Like 1

Ciribob, have you planned any moderator access to the voice server for kicking abusive players? Ban of accounts? Password protected login? The current open profile will be a problem in the longer term.

EDIT: Actually the best would be to limit the radio to a Teamspeak server address so users must be in the TS server. That way we can use the banning/kicking in the TS as means of moderation.

Linking to TS will be tricky as the system is entirely separate from TS, there is no link or requirement for anything TS related.

However, the plan is to add the ability to see clients on the server panel and kick users from there as well as ban by IP. Eventually adding this to client-side should also be be possible so that admins don't have to use team-viewer to admin but this will take time and is a lot lower down the list.

My next main task is to add a server side option that will enforce security of the radio between sides. This'll also enforce the IP of the server you're currently connected too but as a server side option again. Currently whether you're a spectator or on the Red or Blue side you can hear all comms but again only if they find the right frequency that you're all on. Another good thing is that if you launch another instance of the Client, you can't tune to difference frequencies from the first launched radio (try it and you'll see!) which should cut down people doing it further as its tricky and just not worth it.

Yes, it may not need any moderating at all. And as Coxy pointed out you must be in the same frequency as the offender so it should be easy to choose another channel with your team. But can you imagine someone trying all the frequencies :P

I'm hoping this for now! :D

Thank you very much for trying it out on your server, PM me or post here if you get abuse. Happy to make any changes you think are worth it.

I think I've figured out how to do the distance limitations, but if you have issues with griefing, I'll work on the admin system first as the distance system is a nice to have for now and a lot of work, just let me know! :)

Not sure how to do the Line of sight limitations yet, as I'm not sure how to get a shadow map of Nevada and the Caucasus but I'll get there eventually.

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Not sure how to do the Line of sight limitations yet, as I'm not sure how to get a shadow map of Nevada and the Caucasus but I'll get there eventually.

LotATc has a shadow map for both maps in the saved games folder, perhaps Dart would be willing to share. It would also be great if you could integrate into his module.

Ciribob is there any chance to make the interface a little bit more transparent? Possible for myself to do this?

It goes pretty transparent but I can increase the max amount if you like? Slightly worried you'll lose the window though, I put it against the forum background so you can see it. :)

radio-transparent.JPG.f96ca0bd1447e65b357ce35864c6dbcb.JPG

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New Release - Version v1.0.6.0

Change Log:

• Bug fix for 1.0.5.0 Radio Effects
  • Radio effects work under preview if enabled
  • Increased minimum opacity for Overlay

Just a small bug fix release :)

Please let me know if the auto-update prompt works or if you have any issues! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Manual Install Procedure

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua from the zip to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Create the folder if it doesnt exist

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

• Like 1

Cribob,

Can you add an about with the current version number, we are having difficulty connecting everyone and I suspect that it is an issue with different versions.

Quick workaround: Right click the program file (SR-ClientRadio, SR-Overlay and the SR-Server files) and select "Properties". Select the "Details" tab and you should see what version you are using.

Edited by HiJack

It goes pretty transparent but I can increase the max amount if you like? Slightly worried you'll lose the window though, I put it against the forum background so you can see it. :)

Perfect i can still see the slider bars, If i need to change a frequency ill just make it less transparent :thumbup:

Edit: Just tested transparency top job can just i mean just see the sliders :) Thank you.

Edited by Coxy_99

I like that the radio stays connected after the ejection for a while, that helps with the rescue.

1.0.6.0, I had radio 1 channel on left ear. When I enabled the effect it was back to both.

Thanks for reporting, it'll be fixed in the next release. :)

Cribob,

Can you add an about with the current version number, we are having difficulty connecting everyone and I suspect that it is an issue with different versions.

I'll add a version indication somewhere as well as the right click method HiJack suggested.

Out of interest, is the auto update working for you guys? It should notify you when launching the server or client about a new update.

Perfect i can still see the slider bars, If i need to change a frequency ill just make it less transparent :thumbup:

Edit: Just tested transparency top job can just i mean just see the sliders :) Thank you.

No worries! :)

Thanks for reporting, it'll be fixed in the next release. :)

I'll add a version indication somewhere as well as the right click method HiJack suggested.

Out of interest, is the auto update working for you guys? It should notify you when launching the server or client about a new update.

No worries! :)

Thanks, the version number will make troubleshooting go much faster.

The auto update seems to be working but I have a suspicion that it requires a reboot before it does which would explain the inconsistent update messages perhaps.

Just out of curiosity is the "Audio Seperation" feature selectable?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Just out of curiosity is the "Audio Seperation" feature selectable?

Sierra

Yup. You can change it while the radio is running per radio as well. See the attached picture :)

Untitled.png.60d1b13289eceb8e7ffcfecc7fc16ce3.png