DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hey folks!

Just want to post a nasty bug with current SRS version and the current Tomcat module, including the fix for it.
If you play OB 2.8.8.43704 MP (MT version), and slot into the RIO cockpit of your fellow pilot, it might happen that your pilot stays in the "Spectators" list, but becomes visible in the RIO slot too (yes, that's weird). You will most probably then experience problems with SRS 2.0.8.6. when both pilots finally spawn.

Slot_bug.png

Solution:

hop into any other slot that is not a spectator, then you should disappear from the "Spectators" list, then re-hop into the RIO slot of the Tomcat. This finally makes SRS work correctly. Test this with @QuiGon today evening.

Kind regards!

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

no TR in A10CII

Hi folks,

I have a SRS issue with the latest SRS 2.0.8.8 and the latest DCS Open Beta: I cannot talk in the A10CII, my buttons don't seem to be recognized. I can hear others alright, but I cannot speak, I don't get the "TR" next to the channel and also don't hear the Tx sound effect when I press the radio buttons which I defined in SRS. These are the same buttons I use for ages and the same SRS installation I have for ages and they have worked in the past. If I change aircraft, into the F16 for example, same DCS server, staying connected to the same SRS server, not fiddling around with the SRS settings, transmitting works, I see the "TR" and also hear the Tx effect. So must be some kind of special A10CII issues.

Thx 

Oh! An excellent place to post a request, because this very related to Donglr's issue...

It would be very useful if there were a 'test inputs' ability, like in DCS when in the controls, if you assert a bound button/switch the display jumps to that bind and selects it. In this case it would be enough to high-light the bind.

a request...  or two... or... *cough*

It would be so user friendly if for CREATE PROFILE there were a pulldown menu of player installed flyable aircraft from which to choose, to minimize mistakes and wasted time from using the wrong name-string.

If would also be very user friendly if you could display the active profile on the in-cockpit SRS overlay.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

no TR in A10CII

Hi folks,

I have a SRS issue with the latest SRS 2.0.8.8 and the latest DCS Open Beta: I cannot talk in the A10CII, my buttons don't seem to be recognized. I can hear others alright, but I cannot speak, I don't get the "TR" next to the channel and also don't hear the Tx sound effect when I press the radio buttons which I defined in SRS. These are the same buttons I use for ages and the same SRS installation I have for ages and they have worked in the past. If I change aircraft, into the F16 for example, same DCS server, staying connected to the same SRS server, not fiddling around with the SRS settings, transmitting works, I see the "TR" and also hear the Tx effect. So must be some kind of special A10CII issues.

Thx 
Have a look at the SRS patch notes for the latest version, that's covered there

And from the SRS discord for @Captain Orso :

**Aircraft Controls and Specific features**

To see what each aircraft in DCS supports - and how your settings in SRS affect those features - see the help feature.

Go to the SRS Radio overlay - and hit the ? mark.

Each SRS integration for each aircraft is unique, and SRS always strive to add as much of the real functionality of the aircraft as possible.

For example, the f14 has the ability to have zero binds in SRS and do it entirely through DCS

The other extreme is the f15c, which as a non clickable module has no DCS binds or even cockpit interaction

SRS out of the box with default settings will enable the special aircraft features if they are available, such as hot mic or radio switch controls in cockpit

Always allow SRS hotkeys does exactly this - it means whatever the integration level is with that aircraft (in cockpit radio select or not) - the SRS controls will always work, disabling the DCS incockpit controls

Take the UH1, you switch radios using the central console radio selector in cockpit. If you don't want to use that you'd enable always allow SRS hotkeys, meaning the radio switch is controlled by SRS hotkeys, not DCS ones.

Some people want the physical interaction with the cockpit, some just want ease of communication and aren't so bothered by the physical modelling/ system in the cockpit. With all the SRS settings both sides can have it work as they want

As it can be confusing, SRS has the helper, accessed via the SRS radio overlay, opened on the SRS program by clicking ?

That window explains how the aircraft is currently integrated, and as you change settings in SRS, you'll see the helper window update it's info.

For more support use Discord as or others can help, but hope that helps both of you!

5ee19a75ecaa5b06acdc0480c70723ec.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The current SRS 2.1.0.2  autoupdater.exe is triggering Eset NOD32 as a suspicious file. 

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.