UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

• ED Team
Dear Eagle Dynamics,

UltraMFCD is not dead. However, and understandably - I would be too - Eagle Dynamics aren't too pleased with some random bloke coming along and tugging at the brain stem of their custom rendering engine.

Pleas have been made - up to and including healthy offers where potential revenue sharing is concerned - in order to resolve the perceived brain-stem-tugging conflict. I would like nothing more than NOT to have to fiddle around with DCS's internal plumbing in order to make uMFCD do what it does. Yet here we are, years in to the "we can't stop each other" conflict, and no closer to amicable resolution.

People want UltraMFCD on account of its obviously beneficial functionality. I want to provide UltraMFCD users with the functionality they desire. And they constantly request more and more and more.

Is there any way, means or method by which we can meet in the middle?

Best regards,

Sgt_Baker

If you are discussing this with ED, then I suggest you continue to do so however you have been, making a public post isn't how you bridge gaps, I am sure you will get a lot of support from those that enjoy your program, but to be honest I havent heard anything new from you for a long time, and havent heard anything about you being in continued discussions for years.

So please, keep this with whomever you are contacting at ED, and dont make it a public event. If you want, let me know who you are working with and I will check into it...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are discussing this with ED, then I suggest you continue to do so however you have been, making a public post isn't how you bridge gaps, I am sure you will get a lot of support from those that enjoy your program, but to be honest I havent heard anything new from you for a long time, and havent heard anything about you being in continued discussions for years.

So please, keep this with whomever you are contacting at ED, and dont make it a public event. If you want, let me know who you are working with and I will check into it...

Hi NineLine,

Sorry. I didn't mean to post this publicly. I'll get back to my contact within Eagle Dynamics at the earliest opportunity. They will certainly address the issue with immediate effect. Furthermore, congratulations for your service to dimwittery. If only more moderators were as vocal as you.

--B

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Firs, welcome back SGT_Baker! Nice to see you around again.

Now, regarding this:

People want UltraMFCD on account of its obviously beneficial functionality. I want to provide UltraMFCD users with the functionality they desire. And they constantly request more and more and more.

Is there any way, means or method by which we can meet in the middle?

I might have misunderstood you slightly, but if this is somehow directed at us users I would like to say UltraMFCD has already reached the level of completion I could ask for, possibly just some support for more modules. Not a big thing for me and take whatever time you need. It have become basically a must-have for my Shark usage.

I sincerely hope you and other in the same position will find a reasonable solution with ED, it is my belief they have everything to win on dedicated add-on developers like yourself.

Good Luck!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Firs, welcome back SGT_Baker! Nice to see you around again.

Now, regarding this:

I might have misunderstood you slightly, but if this is somehow directed at us users I would like to say UltraMFCD has already reached the level of completion I could ask for, possibly just some support for more modules. Not a big thing for me and take whatever time you need. It have become basically a must-have for my Shark usage.

I sincerely hope you and other in the same position will find a reasonable solution with ED, it is my belief they have everything to win on dedicated add-on developers like yourself.

Good Luck!

No, not directed at users. If anything, UltraMFCD was developed with a view to keeping you lot out of my hair. Low-maintenance, if you follow. Notice that it's the only "mod" not to arrive with the ominous "back up everything in case things go wrong" disclaimer. Why? Because it doesn't change anything in terms of physical storage or files associated with DCS. But now I'm just stroking my own ego.

It presently costs $1672.45 (USD) to purchase the entire DCS ecosystem. And that's not including money spent on associated hardware, such as joysticks, pedals, or full-on custom cockpits (which I will get back to in a moment).

If this were an open-source title and I were merely some random bloke demanding changes, I would understand ED's dismissive approach. This is not the case.

People pay more to use DCS, and by a large margin, than 99.9999% of all other recreational software. Meanwhile people are getting their knickers in a twist regarding EA's latest DLC debacle on a $60 game.

I have recently stated that ED are continually dismissive of any notion whereby UltraMFCD might transition from being non-cooperative to cooperative in its relationship with the DCS system.

But here's the thing! Due to UltraMFCD's function, I happen to be able to collect metrics. Its users have purchased well in excess of $1,000,000 worth of software from ED. This thread is absolute evidence that a literal megabuck doesn't matter in terms of requests for change.

UltraMFCD is used by a wide variety of people, but the most interesting of their cases concerns the simpit builders. They spend $10,000s ON TOP of whatever DCS costs in order to create as faithful a sim experience as they can.

Continued refusal to entertain UltraMFCD as a going concern is no only a middle-finger to me. It is a middle-finger to a userbase that has already furnished ED with seven-figure sums in USD.

Nostravia!

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Hi Sgt_Baker,

I'm discovering your nice utility. The dragged/resized MFCDs are very neat :thumbup:

I don't have the A-10 but when I do, I'll get your software.

I don't quite understand the nature of your discussion with ED: technical, financial, both? If you are looking for a financial reward for your work, which is legitimate IMHO, you could consider donations from users, or maybe go payware even if the last option would not please the user base.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I would like to get rid of the super-hacky parts of the system. It would literally take Eagle Dynamics half an afternoon. I should know! I actually did it!

I don't quite understand the nature of your discussion with ED: technical, financial, both? If you are looking for a financial reward for your work, which is legitimate IMHO, you could consider donations from users, or maybe go payware even if the last option would not please the user base.

Sgt_Baker,

Thanks for the clarification for me. I understand now.

Me too, I think that this utility/functionality should be built in DCS for all (complex) planes (with many MFD).

Otherwise, if the utility is to be separate, it would be great if ED can help to simplify your task.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 months later...

This really is an amazing tool and I was extremely impressed with the way it just worked out of the box.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in Sgt_Baker. I'll keep my eyes peeled for future versions and hopefully you can get it to support the newest releases at some stage in the future.

• 1 month later...

When this tool was working it was such an immersive improvement for me having a display light up behind my cougar MFD's. Joy:):) I would be welling to pay for it. We need it. It's much cheaper than 2 to three LCD display and much less the work.

ED, this was one of the best apps ever. Let's get it done.

Thank you

I love my K-50 A-10C F-15C F/A 18C------------

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip