UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

Thing of beauty... I feel like a kid anticipating that they are going to get what they want Christmas...

I do recognize that you didn't say it will be ready by Christmas... That doesn't stop me from being giddy.

Well... I could release it tomorrow, but I'd feel kinda dirty doing so knowing where/what the bugs are. :)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good :-)

Out of curiosity, do you have any plans for the F15C TEWS and MFD? Thought I read something about it somewhere, but I could have been just daydreaming..?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Looking good :-)

Out of curiosity, do you have any plans for the F15C TEWS and MFD? Thought I read something about it somewhere, but I could have been just daydreaming..?

Absoutely!

Those plans were on hold has a result of knowing that the entire "internal engine" of uMFCD would require rewriting for the DirectX 11 of DCS 1.5+. I did, however, perform some of the preliminary work required to support the F-15 (and other FC3 aircraft) back on DCS 1.2.

Here's a pic of the F-15's displays isolated, but not transformed back to the screen-plane:

F-15C_Progress_Cropped.png

Will we get network support in the feature? It would be cool te export the CDU to a windows tablet.

My system:

Intel Core i7 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16Gb Crucial 1600mhz DDR3, MSI GTX660 Gaming, Scythe Mugen 4, Samung 850 EVO 500GB, Fractal Design Define R4, WD Green 2TB, Windows 10

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudders

DCS:

A10C, UH-1, F15C

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it..."

Henry Ford

Will we get network support in the feature? It would be cool te export the CDU to a windows tablet.

Yes. The plan is to introduce said support to Windows, Android and iOS in that order. Why iOS last, you may ask. I've worked on iOS apps in the past, and it was... erm... I don't like corporations telling me what to do and how to do it, while paying for the privilege. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einherjer

Very nice! So can we expect that umfcd works with every plane in the future?

Exactly that, yes.

:cheer3nc::beer::cheer3nc::love::drunk::yay::cheer3nc:

Ouh, ehrm, whoopsie, lost it there for a moment :D

Edited by Dachs

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

So excited for this to release:D and of course to get Baker some well earned $(actually £ lol) for his awesome work!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

hud export A10c

Hi

for a brief moment I got very excited about exporting a Hud image; i even poured a sweet sherry in celebration! Then i though it may have been a dream? Is it true old bean that you are working on an exportable hud for the A10c? Sherry is on ice in case!

Neal, in wet blighty

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

for a brief moment I got very excited about exporting a Hud image; i even poured a sweet sherry in celebration! Then i though it may have been a dream? Is it true old bean that you are working on an exportable hud for the A10c? Sherry is on ice in case!

Neal, in wet blighty

Fancy that, old chap! What what, eh?

It is true that there "are plans" to export the HUD. By "plans" I mean it's something already achieved internally. This bring me conveniently to some of the differences between UltraMFCD 1.0 and UltraMFCD 2.0.

In uMFCD 1.0, if there happened to be a multi-colour HUD... hard cheese! Due to optimisations required when transferring data from the graphics card to the CPU and back to the graphics card, under DirectX 9, all "green" displays were internally treated as one colour.

One of the great advantages of the new DX11 stuff is that everything can be transferred "as seen".

While this might not appear immediately relevant, HUDs and HMDs have been multi-colour for years.

:)

Hi

thanks for the quick reply! I have previously tried exporting Hud as per PeterP long ago post, this worked ish but the 'mare' was trying to align with an external projected view (3 ceiling mounted projectors), I am assuming that I will still have this conundrum with UltraMFCD?

Very much looking forward to your release date.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

thanks for the quick reply! I have previously tried exporting Hud as per PeterP long ago post, this worked ish but the 'mare' was trying to align with an external projected view (3 ceiling mounted projectors), I am assuming that I will still have this conundrum with UltraMFCD?

Very much looking forward to your release date.

Neal

That very much depends on the methods you were using in your attempts to "align". Given that you're likely not using something along the lines of a Holographic Optical Element, parallax-awkwardness in any "home style" setups will probably always be slightly noticeable, if not catastrophically so.

I can certainly provide mechanisms suited for HUD calibration with uMFCD, but not without knowing precisely which alignment problems are most prevalent.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Could you tell me where I need to put this zip and where It needs to be extracted to? I havent found clear documentation on this

UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0 hasn't been released yet. When it /is/ released, you can extract the zip anywhere you please. In order to make UltraMFCD "do its thing", all you need do is run the EXE: uMFCD takes care of the rest.

That very much depends on the methods you were using in your attempts to "align". Given that you're likely not using something along the lines of a Holographic Optical Element, parallax-awkwardness in any "home style" setups will probably always be slightly noticeable, if not catastrophically so.

I can certainly provide mechanisms suited for HUD calibration with uMFCD, but not without knowing precisely which alignment problems are most prevalent.

Hi

I was using the very technical small pencil cross on the projector screen to mark the vanilla location and then aligning the projected hud image with the pencil cross. The projected hud was a pico projector onto a surface reflective glass, this was not brilliant as the resolution was not great.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Hi

I was using the very technical small pencil cross on the projector screen to mark the vanilla location and then aligning the projected hud image with the pencil cross. The projected hud was a pico projector onto a surface reflective glass, this was not brilliant as the resolution was not great.

Neal

I can see why things might not have been ideal under such a setup. As it so happens an important part of my background is in making novel displays for the military (surprise surprise!), so if you'd like to discuss physical HUD configurations at some point, I'm all ears.

:)

Any chance to be able to export MFD's together with its OSB's (to separate screen)

so OSB's are accessible with either a mouse or through my touchscreen capability.

Same would apply of course for any dial or knob for any other exportable instrument. So that the functionality of dialling-in the modes of any such instrument is exported with it. As the present existing CDU can be considered to be able to do so already.

That would be great.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |