UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read the threads you linked, that seems more of a bug with DCS, no? Surely they'll resolve the issue separately and in their own time?

I am not sure that all features if the old graphic engine will survive in the new 1.5/2.0 engine. Especially if only very few users are concerned, as it is for 2 screens display and 3Dvision...:(

But wait and see. And this is a very good thing that you are back ! :thumbup:

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Thank christ. Deleting link to desktop coordinate finder. :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Oh thank God you are back! So happy and can't wait to use your program in 1.5 and 2.0!!!! DCS was not the same game without it!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

you are making history here, welcome back!

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

I am not sure that all features if the old graphic engine will survive in the new 1.5/2.0 engine. Especially if only very few users are concerned, as it is for 2 screens display and 3Dvision...:(

But wait and see. And this is a very good thing that you are back ! :thumbup:

By the way, I am not sure that we have currently a really full screen mode in 1.5b. Helios is working well beside the main screen when 3DVision mode is activated bty changing DCS to the "maybe full screen mode" using ALT + RETURN (Only way to have 3DVISION working).

With a real full screen mode, the main game window should be hidden by windows when using the Helios windows, no ?

Could you please give us a status about the compatibility of this mode with UltraMFD ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Could you please give us a status about the compatibility of this mode with UltraMFD ?

Yes, now you're beginning to "see" what's been causing all the confusion recently. You're correct in that Windows would hide DCS if Helios (uMFCD, Desktop or anything else) were clicked in the instance of it genuinely running in "exclusive mode".

The bottom line is that if Helios works with 3D Vision as per your setup, then uMFCD will work too.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I keep clicking my shortcut daily, hoping for the "Update available" message.

I appreciate the urgency :)

That said, it's greatly important on this end of affairs to release something that works properly and as designed, as opposed to placing demands upon the user to constantly fiddle with a mod's configuration, settings and overall setup.

What made uMFCD 1.0 "different"? "It just works." No messing around.

Obviously, given the height at which the bar has been set, it would be a little silly to release something prematurely.

Hope you understand.

--Baker

Sgt. Baker, Feel free to get some (as in loads of) coffee at my house any time you like :-D

I havent used my 2 lilliputs since the driverchange in the past and i refuse to play 1.5/2.0 without my favorite piece of software. so importand is Umfcd for me.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy !!!!!!!!

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'm glad that I was sure you come back and bought 23" touch monitor for this UMFCD..:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Awesome! So excited to use this again :D. Thanks for your efforts Baker!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

So things are essentially back to where they were with UltraMFCD 1.0. There are a few little bugs here and there that I need to sort out, but we're now at the point where there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the system works as expected with DCS 1.5/2.0 (although I've not tested 2.0 as haven't yet bought NTTR, although the innards of the graphics engine aren't expected to have changed nearly as significantly as between DCS 1.2 and 1.5).

Here's a pretty pic...

UltraMFCD2.0NearlyDone.jpg