Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

• 2 weeks later...

That means that I’ve done my best to export all advanced telemetry available for the corresponding aircraft (like gears, throttle…). Unfortunately, so far, I was not able to find a satisfactory 3D model for the Hawk. I’m still searching... So if someone has a clean mesh to share, to not hesitate to contact me!

Version 1.3.4 have

"Added support for the Hawk T.1A (DCS World)".

What type of support is this? I still see the Hawk as a F-5 in Tacview

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tacview Weapons Use in Flight Log

Hi, I'm a novice Tacview user, running version 1.3.4 64Bit Home Edition.

In DCS World (1.2.16 43180) I use a variety of fighters and FC3. Among other things I want to use Tacview to evaluate my gunners efficiency (how many of the rounds I fire actually hit target).

It seems to me that the numbers displayed in the Flight Log are not realistic. To document my findings I have created a little test case firing at an AN-26 from my FW-190D.

The debriefing in DCS shows that I hit the target with a mix of 13mm and 20 mm rounds.

The Tacview flight log indicates that I fire 60 rouinds of MG_20 20x82_HEI_T (and nothing else), and that I hit with 31 rounds of MG_13x64_APT and nothing else.

I opened the ACMI file in Wordpad and that also indicates that I'm using a variety of ammo types both 13 and 20mm. Unfortunately I cannot figure out which of the lines indicate a hit. From the data I would conclude that the issue is on the Tacview side.

I include 3 files:

1. DCS Track file

2. ACMI file (had to remove the .acmi extension to upload)

3. Excel file with the data from the ACMI file, all rows not showing weapons use are hidden by a little macro.

Would appreciate input as to whether this is a known bug or indicates something wrong in my installation.

Thanks

Test FW-190D_Kill_AN-26_20150915.trk

WeaponsUse_ACMI_Data.zip

Tacview-20150915-124956-DCS.txt

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback LeCuvier!

Your installation of Tacview is working fine. This problem is a known limitation of the current event log.

In order to reduce "spam", I have programmed a long time ago, a little function which merge ammo of the same kind in the event log. While drastically reducing the number of similar events, this can – in cases like the one you are describing – produce a less accurate log than expected.

A new event log, currently developed for Tacview 2.0, will fix this kind issue.

Hi Vyrtuoz,

Great software. A few of us just bought the pro version and are wondering how we get the Online Debriefing tool to work? How do we host a session and how do pilots connect to it? When we click the Paper and Pen icon at the top of the screen nothing happens.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

The Online Debriefing is currently in development. If you try the latest beta version you can see the dialog box to setup or join a connection.

It should start working in Tacview 1.4 beta 4 in about two weeks.

Hi Vyrtuoz,

Great software. A few of us just bought the pro version and are wondering how we get the Online Debriefing tool to work? How do we host a session and how do pilots connect to it? When we click the Paper and Pen icon at the top of the screen nothing happens.

Curious how to setup Tacview to record the new open beta 1.5 flights? It automatically records my flights in 1.2.16 but when I went to open a flight on the 1.5 beta I can't find them. Do I need to point Tacview somewhere> Thanks, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Curious how to setup Tacview to record the new open beta 1.5 flights? It automatically records my flights in 1.2.16 but when I went to open a flight on the 1.5 beta I can't find them. Do I need to point Tacview somewhere> Thanks, Jason

+1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Okay so since I have the licensed version, and just upgraded to the new beta 3 it should start recording DCS 1.5?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Using Tacview 1.3.4 & 1.4 with DCS World 1.5

DCS World open betas are supported since Tacview 1.3.1.

You should not have any problem recording and reviewing your DCS World open beta 1.5 flights using Tacview 1.3.4 or 1.4.

If you are running the open beta using Steam, you should not have anything to do because the install and configuration folders are exactly the same as the release version. In the worst case, just make sure that the option to record DCS World flights is enabled in Tacview.

If you are running the open beta from ED website, you may have to first disable, then re-enable the recording of DCS World flight in Tacview. If you are running the open beta in a custom configuration folder (a rare case) you will have to proceed to a manual installation as described on my website.

Please have a look at Q14 & Q15: http://tacview.strasoftware.com/documentation/dcs/

Edited by Vyrtuoz

thank you

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Hello!

I'm bought the home edition of tacview and have some question, can't find it in a quick search:

- Can I change the position after decimal point, e.g. ASL, 1234,5 ft to 1234 ft? >nobody need this accuracy<

- Can I edit the telemetry 1 or 2 data, e.g. delete (GS, G) opinions I don't want to see?

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately you cannot change yet what is displayed in the telemetry windows. These windows are going to be replaced by fully customizable ones in Tacview 1.6/2.0. (1.4 is going to be released in a few weeks for reference).

• 3 weeks later...

Feature request:

Could you add equivalent speed to the data displays. It's almost the same as IAS/CAS but doesn't have measurement errors like in CAS or IAS. This could be calculated afterwards to provide "IAS" speed for other planes besides the host player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalent_airspeed

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Tacview 1.4 and its long awaited online debriefing is available!

Tacview 1.4 and its long awaited online debriefing is available!

After a long period of debugging and tweaking, it is time to release Tacview 1.4 so you can now enjoy the promised online debriefing feature.

Now registered users can connect all together to enjoy a debriefing provided by their instructor. Time, point-of-view, altitude restrictions and other settings will be in sync on all computers. The strategic view and charts will be visible for everyone during the debriefing. Everyone can SHIFT+CLICK an object in the 3D view to highlight a specific action. And don’t forget to press ALT+ENTER to enter fullscreen mode to fully enjoy the debriefing while sipping your favorite drink ;)

Please note that a professional license is required to host a session and at least a home license is required to join a session. Obviously, all these features are available during the trial period.

In the following updates, the host will also be able to give control to any client with a Professional license and clients may be able to temporarily keep control of their own point of view.

Now I can focus on the other long awaited feature: The real-time flight analysis which will be available to most flight simulators and real-life devices like DCS World, FSX and X-Plane just to name a few.

Enjoy!

Vyrtuoz

http://www.strasoftware.com/download/tacview

659387599753256960.jpg

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added the online debriefing (requires Professional edition for instructors and Home for trainees)
  • Added support for Garmin G1000 Flight Deck CSV files
  • Added support for KML flight recordings exported from ForeFlight & FlightAware
  • Added support for MGRS coordinates system
  • Added support for DCS World 1.5
  • You can now insert bookmarks in the events list and timeline
  • You can now share links containing the current view and selection with your friends
  • You can now Shift+Click to attract viewers' attention to a specific object in the 3D view
  • Added AGL (above ground level altitude) to charts, labels & walls
  • Added roll and pitch angles to the telemetry windows
  • It is now possible to display ATC styles labels for aircrafts (using selected unit system)
  • A vertical speed arrow is now displayed in the AGL telemetry label
  • Aircraft position and rotation can now be exported from telemetry charts
  • You can now define AGL & ASL restrictions which trigger alarms
  • When in cockpit or external view the coordinates of the first or secondary object are displayed in place of observer's ones
  • Clicking the compass now returns to a top view with the north up
  • Labels size and auto-scale can now be automatically or manually adjusted to match screen resolution
  • New versions of Tacview will be installed on previously installed versions
  • Charts are now automatically scrolling to keep the time cursor in view
  • Improved fonts used in the 3D view and charts
  • Added preliminary support for RTL languages (like Hebrew)
  • Lower importance objects labels are now slightly faded
  • Playback speed can now be increased up to x64
  • Added support for Windows 10
  • Added DA40 Diamond Star & Dassault Rafale 3D mesh
  • Added some real world airports to the map
  • License agreement is now less intrusive
  • Terrain, static objects, and 3D models can now be stored in %ProgramData%\Tacview\Data\ or %APPDATA%\Tacview\Data\
  • Time slider is now moving smoothly during playing back
  • Added a link to Tacview Facebook page in the status bar

FIXES

• Bookmarks text were not saved in compressed binary acmi files
  • Dogfight mode was not taken into account while switching to satellite view
  • Unsupported acmi file formats were not properly reported as such since version 1.3.3
  • Fixed a rare crash when some data was displayed on distance charts
  • Multimedia keyboard keys like play or rewind were not working anymore

Thanks very much to the good work and keep it up.

Tacview is one of the most important 3rd party tools for DCS. :thumbup:

best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]