Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Download latest official version: https://tacview.net/download

Your feedback is very important to me! Be assured that I’m listening to you and doing my best to integrate all your suggestions in upcoming releases. Before posting, please take a look at the FAQ and documentation first.

I want to thank all the community of DCS World and especially all the registered users for your support!

Follow the development of new features on Twitter and Facebook!

What is Tacview?

Have you ever wanted to understand what actually happened during your last flight? Tacview is an universal flight analysis tool which enables you to easily record, analyze and understand any flight to improve your skills much faster than with conventional debriefings. Whether for the private pilot or the virtual squadron leader, Tacview is an invaluable tool to understand what really happened and to improve piloting style and tactical skills.

With Tacview you can embrace the whole battlefield at once, draw advanced telemetry charts in one click, visualize radar locks, export telemetry for deeper analysis in your favorite spreadsheet or export debriefing logs in CSV or XML file format to create statistics for your squadron.

And don’t forget that Tacview also works with all your favorite flight simulators like DCS World, Falcon 4.0 BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, Prepar3D, FSX, EECH and also real-life recorded GPS files!

Native Support for DCS World

DCS World is supported by Tacview since Flaming Cliffs. From bombs to trucks, all moving objects are recorded. Cockpit information such as IAS and radar locks are available when you are flying some aircraft (this is a DCS limitation) if you are the proud owner of the Home or Professional edition of Tacview. Please note that static ground objects like buildings cannot be exported. I hope to be able to work around this limitation in the new exporter which is currently in development for Tacview 2.0.

The LUA export script is automatically installed at the same time as Tacview. It will automatically record all flights in the \My Documents\Tacview\*.acmi.txt folder. You can change this folder by using the appropriate option in Tacview menus. If you are using the Steam version of DCS, remember to re-launch Steam to make sure the export parameters are properly re-send from Windows to Steam to DCS. If you fail to do so, the flight recordings may be saved in a backup folder such as C:\Windows\Temp\.

Please remember that the top issue about flights not being recorded is coming from old DCS add-ons (typically cockpit add-ons) which are unstable or not properly uninstalled. Such scripts are generating LUA errors which are preventing Tacview export script from running. You can find the faulty scripts just by having a look at your dcs.log file…

FAQ

Q: Is it free?

A: Yes, you can download and use Tacview as long as you want for free, without being bothered by ads or popups. After a trial period, if you wish to continue to use the most advanced features, you can either buy Tacview Standard or Tacview Advanced. A comparison of the advanced features is available online.

Q: Can I upgrade my Home Edition to the Professional Edition? At which cost?

A: Yes, you can! Just send me an email with a reference to your current license and I will send you back a link to buy the upgrade. It will cost you the difference of price plus the transaction fee.

tacview-185-flappie-map.thumb.png.9b80713faf639e5e3070f4ba7f0d95a8.png

tacview-185-new-exporter.thumb.png.1efc0d48ddc5bbd28388f66d67a8c0f2.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Tacview 1.3.3 beta 1 is available to registered users!

In this version, I’m experimenting with some ways to reduce clutter and to make the battlefield easier to read than ever. This is just a small preview on what I’m currently working on for Tacview 2.0.

http://www.strasoftware.com/download/tacview

Oh! I almost forgot: The Aspect Angle has been fixed too!

AspectAngle.png.0304ddf7990672125edb324e2744bd9c.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Oh! I almost forgot: The Aspect Angle has been fixed too!

Sounds good. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Vyrtuoz,

after building an new rig (see my sig) and Tacview 1.3.3 Beta and 1.3.2 installed, I can't start any of these programs.

If I start Tacview, there is the windows loading cursor and nothing happens. Any idea or do you need a log file or something?

Edit: Ok, here an update. I can start the Tacview.exe (32bit), but not the Tacview (64bit) exe.

Kind regards,

Fire

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is hard to tell like that what is not working. Did you change your graphic card or CPU?

Can you share me you dxdiag file please?

Hi Vyrtuoz,

after building an new rig (see my sig) and Tacview 1.3.3 Beta and 1.3.2 installed, I can't start any of these programs.

If I start Tacview, there is the windows loading cursor and nothing happens. Any idea or do you need a log file or something?

Edit: Ok, here an update. I can start the Tacview.exe (32bit), but not the Tacview (64bit) exe.

Kind regards,

Fire

Ok, now it works.

I had a few problems with my soundcard and RAM, but that are solved ... it seems to be. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to hear it! And thanks for the follow-up; it is always useful to learn how things are solved.

Ok, now it works.

I had a few problems with my soundcard and RAM, but that are solved ... it seems to be. :D

Here are some news about the current development status:

• Tacview 1.3.3 is quite a nice improvement over 1.3.2 and should be released by the end of next week.
  • I’m currently finishing the new web site which was waiting to be completed since 2010 (!). It is going to be the new clean and tidy place where you will find all the answer to your questions.
  • I’m going to produce a first usable draft of the online debriefing right after. I think I can deliver something very simple, yet quite cool about it by the end of March.
  • The real-time flight recording is still in conception. I will come back on it in two to three weeks (it is strongly tied to the new exporter).

As you know, I’m working on a lot of new things at the same time. But don’t worry; they are all going to available before the F/A-18 :smilewink: :music_whistling:

New Website!

After so many years of wait, the (real) official Tacview website is at last online! Now you have a place to find all the answers to your questions, download links and a comprehensive documentation in a well presented, clear, and modern environment.

http://tacview.strasoftware.com

This is still a beta version: the updated technical documentation and French translation will follow in the coming days.

To celebrate, here is a new trailer made by Mirknir:

• 3 weeks later...

Tacview 1.3.3 is available!

Tacview 1.3.3 is available!

Smarter automatic declutter, more landmarks, telemetry walls, DTC file support, DCS World MiG-15bis support, this version contains a million of little improvements which are going to make your flight review smother than ever!

The next step is the prototyping of the online debriefing. I’ve planned to code very simple, but yet very efficient features so you can get it working as soon as possible.

The new website is also almost complete. So, please let me know, if you notice any error or missing content.

Enjoy!

Vyrtuoz

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/download/

FEATURES & CHANGES

• DCS World MiG-15bis advanced telemetry is now supported
  • Colored telemetry walls can be displayed under the trail of selected objects
  • Falcon 4.0 DTC files are now natively supported (automatic load, manual merge, and drag & drop)
  • Select objects events are now highlighted in the timeline
  • Hot/Cold aspects are now displayed in aspect angle telemetry label
  • Critical G-forces are now displayed in black on selected objects in the 3D view
  • ALT+RETURN to toggle borderless full screen mode (you can drag telemetry windows to other screens)
  • DCS World SA-11 Buk threat dome is now displayed
  • Added Mi-8 and Mi-28 3D meshes
  • ALT+SPACE to swap selected objects
  • The dogfight camera is now disabled when opening a new file (was confusing in some cases)
  • Pilots names are now displayed in priority in short labels far from the observer
  • Object under the mouse is now outlined
  • Improved and tweaked a lot labels auto declutter
  • Tweaked chaffs, flares and shrapnel auto-scale to reduce clutter
  • Improved location and time readability in the 3D
  • Mission date has been moved to the mission properties to reduce further 3D view clutter
  • Flight recording time displayed in the mission properties view is now displayed in UTC time
  • Removed overkill decimals from Aspect Angle label
  • Airports names are now identical to DCS World ones
  • Added Israel region runways and cities from Uri_ba (108vfs) to Falcon 4.0 Israel theater
  • Added KOTAR (KOrean TActical Range) from Uri_ba (108vfs) to BMS Korea theater
  • Added DCS World Kutaisi minor runways
  • Added Falcon 4.0 EMF theater objects to Tacview database
  • Replaced the old compass by a much simpler and readable one
  • Improved support for unknown simulators
  • Improved the display of some static objects (waypoints, tubes and cones) for better readability
  • Increased max playback speed to x16
  • Camera rotation and zoom can now be controled using the numpad
  • Removed not yet implemented menus and options

FIXES

• Aspect Angle calculation was calculated in full 3D, it is now only using target aircraft heading.
  • Direction vector was not properly displayed for unknown helicopters when auto-scale was enabled
  • DCS World tires marks and dust clouds are not exported anymore (spam and wrong feedback)
  • Tacview compass was not taking into account the player head rotation in cockpit view
  • There was a rare script error in DCS World export script when accessing advanced telemetry data
  • Terrain was displayed with a strange yellow color on systems with low-end graphic cards
  • Minor improvements and bug fixes in the experimental file merge function
  • Admiral-Kuznetsov 3D Mesh altitude offset was incorrect
  • Minor display bugs in charts menus
  • Tacview window does not steal focus anymore after opening a big file

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 1

Nice update, lots or things added! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Copy

C:\Users\*user*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\export.lua

C:\Users\*user*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\TacviewExportDCS.lua

to

C:\Users\*user*\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

and it should workee.

• Like 1