DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Sweet, thanks for the tip. Which tiles should 1 pcs be enough of for just about any aircraft/helo?

Thanks and my pleasure.

Of the default Saitek tiles, I would say the following have the best chance of applying to multiple aircraft and aircraft types. You might have to be flexible with the names, though. For example, "DOOR WARNING" could also apply to an open or unsealed canopy (not sure what DCS-BIOS offers in this regard). "STALL WARNING" could be tied to sink rate in a heli as another example.

ENG FIRE

ADF

AP MASTER

AUTO PILOT

BEACON LIGHT

DOOR WARNING

FUEL LOW

MASTER CAUTION

MASTER WARNING

STALL WARNING

STROBE LIGHT

For custom tiles, some cross-over uses could be:

BATTERY

INVERTER

OXYGEN

NAV LIGHTS (I have a Saitek tile with just "NAV." Noticed that was not on your list.)

LASER (Not sure about helis with this one, but other fixed-wing for sure.)

MASTER ARM

I didn't spend a lot of time yet trying to standardize my tile set. Changing tiles when changing aircraft just won't be practical, unless you use the overlay approach (no tiles, just one big sheet). I already have some duplication. If you have a Switch Panel, you really don't need gear status lights on the B.I.P., and I even used 3 tiles for that! Just "GEAR" and green (safe), red (unsafe) and dark or yellow (up) would suffice (one tile).

Hope this helps.

Paul

To solve the problem of opacity, the simple method is to print twice the stickers, then apply one over each other.

Great idea. I actually tried printing the same sheet twice. Didn't work. In an inkjet printer, that gets messy pretty quick. In a laser printer, the alignment just wasn't good enough. I have to give your method a try. Thanks.

Paul

Great Job ArturDCS :thumbup:

So is it really possible now to use the Radio Panel with DCS A-10C and switch the frequencies?

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

It is.

Not yet full functionality -> I am right now developing the ACT/STBY function so that the frequencies are swapped between the LCD screens.

Please try it out and get back if you have comments.

Great Job ArturDCS :thumbup:

So is it really possible now to use the Radio Panel with DCS A-10C and switch the frequencies?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just ordered the radio panel at amazon :)

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

It is.

Not yet full functionality

ArturDCS is being modest. Even without the upgrade he's making, the radio panel is working great. True, TACAN takes a little getting used to, but he managed to make the panel do something it was not intended to do.

Paul

Thanks for the video, this is amazing!

Is it possible to use the Radio Panel with the Radio Frequencies AND TACAN, ILS with the same Radio Panel?

2 radios can be set via the PZ69 at the same time. You have to switch between the different comm devices though. You would need 3 radio panels to have them all present at the same time.

Did I understand the question correctly?

Edited by ArturDCS

Yes, that was my question :)

Now I ´m waiting for the Panel to be delivered

Hi. Was having a hard time to get my pz55 ( switch panel ) to work with my Dcs world A10c. Didn't read this post before I commit to the panel. Not very good in IT stuff. Hoping that some of you can guide me along.

This is what I have did and not quite understand.

1) Do I need to install the driver provided by saitek?

2) I have downloaded the 06 files from the provided link. V2.0. Where do I park the file after that.

3) I open the prousbpanel.exe .can I map the button to my keyboard. I.e For gear up I have map num01 up and num0 down. Do I dbl click , box turn yellow and just key in the mapped kep on my key board.

4) what do I do after I am done mapping. Where do I save the file?

5) regarding the Dcs bios. ( one of the 06 file I download from the provided link) What do I do to it? Where I save it. I cannot find scripts folder when I access c drive-user-steven-save game- dcs-.....no script folder.

And what else did I not done. Sorry for the long list of issues. Really hope you guys can advice me on that..

Thanks

Steven ( Singapore )

Hi boo_saa,

Please see answers below as best as I can give them...

1) Do I need to install the driver provided by saitek?

As I understand it, you do not have to install the Saitek drivers. Flightpanels uses Windows HID drivers.

2) I have downloaded the 06 files from the provided link. V2.0. Where do I park the file after that.

You can put the Fligtpanels folder anywhere you choose. FP is an executable only and does not install in the traditional sense. Once you put it somewhere, such as "C:\Program Files", it might be a good idea to create a shortcut on your desktop or taskbar for FP.

3) I open the prousbpanel.exe .can I map the button to my keyboard. I.e For gear up I have map num01 up and num0 down. Do I dbl click , box turn yellow and just key in the mapped kep on my key board.

If you are only programming a single key stroke, such as Numpad 1, just click once in the given field. After it turns yellow, press the appropriate key, in this case Numpad 1. It should show up in the box. You have just configured that particular switch.

4) what do I do after I am done mapping. Where do I save the file?

Once again, you can save your profiles anywhere you like. I put them here:

C:\Program Files\Flightpanels\Profiles

The FP executable is in the "Fligthpanels" folder in my case.

5) regarding the Dcs bios. ( one of the 06 file I download from the provided link) What do I do to it? Where I save it. I cannot find scripts folder when I access c drive-user-steven-save game- dcs-.....no script folder.

I'm not sure I can help with this one. If you have installed DCS World correctly, there should be a scripts folder, I believe.

And what else did I not done. Sorry for the long list of issues. Really hope you guys can advice me on that..

Thanks

Steven ( Singapore )

I hope this helps. Now that documentation has been posted, there might be more detail there that will assist.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh

Yup, I suggest you go thru the document. I tried to make it not boring and not too technical. Don't hesitate with feedback.

This "script" folder may not exist. It will exist if you already installed some other 3rd party software such SIOC (used by cockpit builders), Aries (radio software), TARS (radio software), Helios (used by cockpit builders too)..... If you have a regular DCS, it may simply not exist.

No worry, DCS-BIOS will add it for you. Just unzip the total DCS-BIOS zip/rar file in your "....Savegame/DCS/" folder.

Edited by Darkwolf

A bug in DCS!!!!!

Just curious if anyone in here know of a fix....im using the multi panel and assinging the encoder to adjust my course know on the HSI......i assigned - and = in dcs and noticed that the value and the needle on the gauge in the sim jumps 4 to 6 degrees when i turn the knob one click. i checked this against the keystroke on the keybaord and get the same reslut so its an issue with dcs......does anyone know how to fix it so when i press the - or = or turn the knob i get one degree of change?

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Thanks dark wolf for the guild. I had managed to get the panel working on my a10c. One small issue. Every time I close the usb panel exe file. I cant seems to Open it. I get a error code 1073 load control. Please advice.tks

Yeah that great (except the bug). 1073 bug is related to DCS-BIOS. It can't find the DCS-BIOS installation.

It can be either from a bad installation of DCS-BIOS, or the configuration not pointing toward the correct save folder.

First thing to check is FlightPanels configuration.

If you are running DCS Open Beta, it needs a little modification.

Start a fresh A10 or Huey profile. If any error message, just don't pay attention. you should get a "DCS BIOS Setting" menu. there, they should be an entry for DCS-BIOS JSON folder.

If you DCS is an OPEN BETA, you need to correct that.

Add ".openbeta" right after "DCS"

Should be something like : "C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json"

The second issue is DCS-BIOS installation. Check in the manual that you have installed it correctly. It is described in the installation chapter. Look at the screen below, your DCS savegame folder should look like this.

Let me know if this solve the problem.

Capture.JPG.28fe0696b850744edebfb0ad39679506.JPG

Just curious if anyone in here know of a fix....im using the multi panel and assinging the encoder to adjust my course know on the HSI......i assigned - and = in dcs and noticed that the value and the needle on the gauge in the sim jumps 4 to 6 degrees when i turn the knob one click. i checked this against the keystroke on the keybaord and get the same reslut so its an issue with dcs......does anyone know how to fix it so when i press the - or = or turn the knob i get one degree of change?

I got my multipanel delivered today, and I am going to map it to HSI course dial, as well.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз