Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Ya I should have said i did as the instruction say and resized and repostioned it yet when I am in a DCS its back in the same place

Hope you have better luck than me! Somewhere in this thread I never resolved that problem. It would be interesting to see if you do? Alaskan has done a fine job in trying to keep this working through all the DCS changes,,, hopefully you get your issue resolved.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just installed this app and seems to be working ok as the kneeboard is the correct size and positioned where i want it to be in the top left corner.

However it's not working for the MIG-21 and Viggen as the kneeboard is stretched across both of my screens which are positioned on top of each other.

Is there a fix for the MIG and Viggen if you have a dual screen setup ?.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Having had problems with KB crashing on starting it, I did some probing and found that it appears to be looking for a non-existent Flaming Cliffs file. Hence I deleted my data for the F-15C that I had set up in KB and it then worked fine again.

I hope this may help some others who are missing this extremely useful mod.

Having had problems with KB crashing on starting it, I did some probing and found that it appears to be looking for a non-existent Flaming Cliffs file. Hence I deleted my data for the F-15C that I had set up in KB and it then worked fine again.

I hope this may help some others who are missing this extremely useful mod.

Mines not crashing but get an error message in regards to the non existent Flaming Cliffs folder. So what exactly are you deleting in the F15C folder? The KB created file?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Please can somebody confirm that Kneeboard builder is working ok with the MIG and Viggen ?, i can not resize or position the kneeboard...... it just displays across both my monitors.

All the other modules are working fine.

Thanks.

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Kneeboard Builder no longer opens. It gets stuck on loading screen.

I recently moved the Saved Games folder to the Desktop. Im not sure if thats had any influence on this problem. But I moved it back to the Users area with no change.

After uninstalling 1.5 and 2.2 and then installing just 2.5, an error box seems to indicate it doesn't know where DCS World is located.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6535485022025167282?authkey=CKbE_onCxae46AE

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

You cannot move it while you are in the game. But you can set it where you want it by going to the Kneeboard Options menu and select Keyboard Settings. Create a profile, set it how you want, and click the little save disk next to the profile name. Then, in your Windows SysTry, click the icon and select the profile that you create to put it into the game.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

No, you don't need to run KB Builder after you have it setup and the kneeboards installed.

If you do a game patch/update, you will loose some stuff. I'm not sure. I now you need to reinstall that profile of where it appears. I think the kneeboards are stored in the Save Games folder, so I don't think those are lost. But if you go into Options/Preferences and check that 'Keep kneeboard clear of default charts', that I believe needs to be redone. A game update puts them back in I think.

Maybe someone else can clarify..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Guys I cant thank you enough. This program has saved me from pulling my hair out. I'm running 3 monitors and I could find my knee board anywhere and after using this program and sizing it and placing it where I wanted, well lets just say I'm loving this..Thanks again.

Please can somebody confirm that Kneeboard builder is working ok with the MIG and Viggen ?, i can not resize or position the kneeboard...... it just displays across both my monitors.

All the other modules are working fine.

Thanks.

Is KB working ok with the MIG-21 and Viggen ?.

Alaskan Grizzly, can you give me an estimated time frame for fixing the DCS 2.5 only installation bug that currently renders KB unusable for me?

UPDATE - The problem seems to have been fixed.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Kneeboard builder won't start after DCS stable 2.5 install

I had Kneeboard Builder working fine with DCS 1.5, OpenAlpha 2.2, and OpenBeta 2.5, but when the stable 2.5 version came out I can no longer run it. Crashes on load screen. Deleting the Config file and restarting gives the error "DCS World not installed at `bin\DCS.exe'. I then click OK and the program starts. But when I try to set the DCS World install directory and push "save" it crashes and won't restart. Always crashes immediately on the splash screen. :(

Alaskan Grizzly, can you give me an estimated time frame for fixing the DCS 2.5 only installation bug that currently renders KB unusable for me?

UPDATE - The problem seems to have been fixed.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did try searching.

Is it possible to remove the (default) maps that appear (the ones showing the waypoint route at different scales)?

I would like to be able to have none of the default stuff and only what I want. So far I've been to do this, with the exception of those maps.

Many thanks for providing this brilliant app.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did try searching.

Is it possible to remove the (default) maps that appear (the ones showing the waypoint route at different scales)?

I would like to be able to have none of the default stuff and only what I want. So far I've been to do this, with the exception of those maps.

Many thanks for providing this brilliant app.

Also looking to remove the maps from the kneeboard for a "im Missing" COOP mission, where the heli shoudnt know its own position at mission start

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I believe that you can only remove the airport charts. There is a checkbox option in preferences to do that..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Hello, I'm having some problems with kneeboard builder. It's the first time I tried to use it since I moved to 2.5 Beta.

I crashes at launch constantly. I did an uninstall, and an install of the latest version, and it loaded ok until I told it where the DCS directories were; at which point I get the 'Kneeboard Builder has stopped working' message again.

Can anyone give me a steer please? :helpsmilie:

Thank you

Hi,

Interesting software. What I would like to know is... it is flat 2D kneeboards? I mean, I fly in VR, and I wonder if there is a way to have a 3D kneeboard I could put somewhere in my cockpit, like for instance... on my knee so when I look below, I see the kneeboard.

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Question

Hey Alaskan Grizzly! Great piece of software. Quick Question:

When I take a word doc, export it to PDF and then set it up through Kneeboard builder sometimes it doesn't come through properly. I have had success manipulating the font but I am looking for a solution and hope you can help.

For example see the attached video at 4:41.

(I also want to put out proper documentation)