DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Thanks - it's a port conflict. I'll fix in the next update :)

If your settings aren't saving.for whatever reason, use the previous release and see if that works.

The next release in a week or so will change the saving behaviour whichll hopefully fix this bug :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes, 1.4.6.0 is working fine with Helios+DCS Flight Panels. Thanks for your great support!

Hi!

Sorry, if this question/bug is maybe mentioned above - didn't found it with a brief search...

I attended a multiplayer session and SRS was automatically configured to the server - cool :-)!. After leaving the server and starting a single player session, SRS was still active and I received the chatter of the guys in the MP-session even as I was flying locally on my own. Is there a way to disable this? The same as SRS is connecting automatically, I would expect it to disconnect after leaving the mp-session.

Regards,

Matthias

What aircraft?

Have you set a PTT?

Have you selected a radio?

Check the overlay - you need a green dot on one of the radios to indicate it was selected before you can transmit :)

Also make sure all the Tx and Rx effects are turned on in settings :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

What aircraft?

Have you set a PTT?

Check the overlay - you need a green dot on one of the radios to indicate it was selected before you can transmit :)

Uh - Maybe I was unclear. I had no problem in multiplayer - everything was fine. The problem was in single player, when I still had radio chatter from the server I was minutes before.

In multiplayer it was an F-5 and in singleplayer the Spitfire with no specific radio configured.

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

New to Simpleradio and so far looks like a great product. The one issue I am having right now is the lack of Transmit que (Click) when I key the mic. I have searched the forum and cannot locate anything except a suggestion to make sure the volume is up (it is). Also it is selected in the settings. I can hear the other peoples pre/post transmit ques, but not my own, and they cannot hear mine. Any ideas? I am sure it is something that I am doing wrong.

What aircraft?

Have you set a PTT?

Uh - Maybe I was unclear. I had no problem in multiplayer - everything was fine. The problem was in single player, when I still had radio chatter from the server I was minutes before.

In multiplayer it was an F-5 and in singleplayer the Spitfire with no specific radio configured.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post - those questions are for the post quoted above :)

It won't auto disconnect, there are reasons why you may want to stay connected so you just have to his disconnect yourself :)

If there is coalition security on, you won't hear stuff in singleplayer as you have no coalition anyway

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

What aircraft? F-15C

Have you set a PTT? Yes - all 3 radios via your youtube video

Have you selected a radio? Yes, and communicate with another person through the server

Check the overlay - you need a green dot on one of the radios to indicate it was selected before you can transmit :) Yes, green light and switching between radios. Also see Tx using DCS overlay in game and yellow turns white when receiving[/color]

Also make sure all the Tx and Rx effects are turned on in settings :) They are both set to on-on

Also, same computer has server. I did notice that I only had 3 different DCS/VRS overlays instead of the 4 mentioned within your changelog for latest. Could there be some crossover when I upgraded from 1.4.6.0? I did notice that the app for update (do not remember exact title) showed a version of 1.4.6.0. I may have to uninstall/reinstall. Thoughts?

Edited by Firebird1955

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

What aircraft? F-15C

Have you selected a radio? Yes, and communicate with another person through the server

Check the overlay - you need a green dot on one of the radios to indicate it was selected before you can transmit :) Yes, green light and switching between radios. Also see Tx using DCS overlay in game and yellow turns white when receiving[/color]

Also make sure all the Tx and Rx effects are turned on in settings :) They are both set to on-on

Also, same computer has server. I did notice that I only had 3 different DCS/VRS overlays instead of the 4 mentioned within your changelog for latest. Could there be some crossover when I upgraded from 1.4.6.0? I did notice that the app for update (do not remember exact title) showed a version of 1.4.6.0. I may have to uninstall/reinstall. Thoughts?

The last couple of versions are all compatible - no worries there

Set the common PTT button - select a radio and press the common PTT button. Does the green dot light up?

Sorry I quoted the wrong post - those questions are for the post quoted above :)

It won't auto disconnect, there are reasons why you may want to stay connected so you just have to his disconnect yourself :)

If there is coalition security on, you won't hear stuff in singleplayer as you have no coalition anyway

Ah - Ok! Thanks for the info!

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

So the issue I've been having lately with this is that although we're connected to a server and we have everything configured correctly such as the 3ptt buttons and they're set as ptt toggle. when the buttons are pressed they will switch the radio to that one, however, the green dot doesn't go bright to indicate transmission. we've tried setting a common ptt as well however neither option is working. should I do a clean install of srs or is this a bug? I'm not the only one experiencing this it's at least three people I fly with as well.

Edited by dudeman17

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

What aircraft? F-15C

A follow-up to this. I uninstalled/reinstalled 1.4.8.0 and now have all of the menu pages for DCS/VR overlay, but still do not hear the audible Tx/Rx tone when pressing Tx key. I did not press the common Tx key (saw your response after I went to work so did not get opportunity to try that), but had the Tx/radio select tied per your suggestion in the video. The green light does illuminate, and in-game, I do get the Trans on the DCS overlay when I key up.

Edited by Firebird1955

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

A follow-up to this. I uninstalled/reinstalled 1.4.8.0 and now have all of the menu pages for DCS/VR overlay, but still do not hear the audible Tx/Rx tone when pressing Tx key. I did not press the common Tx key (saw your response after I went to work so did not get opportunity to try that), but had the Tx/radio select tied per your suggestion in the video. The green light does illuminate, and in-game, I do get the Trans on the DCS overlay when I key up.

Please send a screenshot of your settings page.

Can you hear yourself with preview audio?

So the issue I've been having lately with this is that although we're connected to a server and we have everything configured correctly such as the 3ptt buttons and they're set as ptt toggle. when the buttons are pressed they will switch the radio to that one, however, the green dot doesn't go bright to indicate transmission. we've tried setting a common ptt as well however neither option is working. should I do a clean install of srs or is this a bug? I'm not the only one experiencing this it's at least three people I fly with as well.

You need to enable radio switch works as ptt in settings. Test against this server - 5.189.162.17 if it works whoever runs your server hasn't opened both tcp ports as it says in the instructions.

Resolved (as far as Tx effect). One side has to be on and the other off (in settings). I had both set to on. Once I set one to off, it came alive. I appreciate all the help and sorry to waste your time with something so simple.

Hey Ciribob,

I just have a couple of questions regarding setup and switching between different DCS Modules - A10C and F5E, running on DCS 2.5 OB latest.

I installed the latest version 1.4.8.0 and set up "enable radio switch works as PTT". I have a HOTAS Warthog Throttle and stick so have set up my DCS bindings to work as is, so throttle thumb switch forward is VHF AM PTT, thumb switch down is UHF PTT, and thumb switch back is VHF FM PTT. Depressing the thumb switch is my TS3 PTT hotkey.

In the SRS settings, the above bindings work out to be Radio 1, Radio 2 and Radio 3 respectfully, so all good. So when connected to a server, all PTTs work as expected on the respective radios for the A10C.

Now, if I change module to the F5E, which only has 1 UHF radio, I think SRS defaults this to Radio 1. My DCS key binding for this module is still thumb switch down (being the UHF radio (SRS Radio 2 binding)) so I can try to keep physical radio button PTT continuity between modules. So now SRS only activates PTT (Radio 1) when I press thumb switch forward, which will not work on the UHF radio in the F5E. Also, the overlay showed three radios for the F5E, I have not added any radios or presets nor edited any files. Is there a way to line these bindings up so all modules with UHF will be the DCS key binding, rather than the SRS Radio # binding? Or do I just change my F5E DCS PTT binding to "thumb switch forward" as SRS Radio 1?

The other issue I found was my favourites were not saved when I exited out of SRS then reloaded later. I added a server address and IP on the favourites page which was selectable on the main page to connect, exited out, shut down SRS on desktop, reloaded SRS via desktop shortcut, only to find the favourite had disappeared on the drop down list and only the default local server was selectable. SRS is pointed correctly to my "Saved Games" folder.

I hope this all makes sense, sorry for the long winded explanation.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Dave

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Now, if I change module to the F5E, which only has 1 UHF radio, I think SRS defaults this to Radio 1. My DCS key binding for this module is still thumb switch down (being the UHF radio (SRS Radio 2 binding)) so I can try to keep physical radio button PTT continuity between modules. So now SRS only activates PTT (Radio 1) when I press thumb switch forward, which will not work on the UHF radio in the F5E. Also, the overlay showed three radios for the F5E, I have not added any radios or presets nor edited any files. Is there a way to line these bindings up so all modules with UHF will be the DCS key binding, rather than the SRS Radio # binding? Or do I just change my F5E DCS PTT binding to "thumb switch forward" as SRS Radio 1?
Actually, partially scratch this. It seems exiting out of DCS then reloading and changing module seems to rectify this. When I loaded into the F5E, The UHF was Radio 1, with 2 Unknowns beneath and all PTTs worked for this radio so I can keep physical PTT continuity. However, staying in DCS and loading into a new module does seem to show persistence with different radio sets.

The other issue I found was my favourites were not saved when I exited out of SRS then reloaded later. I added a server address and IP on the favourites page which was selectable on the main page to connect, exited out, shut down SRS on desktop, reloaded SRS via desktop shortcut, only to find the favourite had disappeared on the drop down list and only the default local server was selectable. SRS is pointed correctly to my "Saved Games" folder.
Scratch this, I think I worked out the correct "SAVE" procedure :joystick: LOL!!!

Cheers!

Dave

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

What was it? This is something that’s never worked for me and I just gave up when the auto connect feature came around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, once you put a new server name and ip into the boxes, you have to press the Save button at the very bottom of the dialog box (it doesn't stand out). A new save file (.csv) is created in the install folder with a list of all of your favourites.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Help!

After the latest SRS update my overlay crashes the program every time. After pressing the overlay button (irrespective of SRS connection status) the program crashes after 2 seconds. I tried running the program in both as administrator and normally.

Before the update my SRS has worked flawlessly.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Click reset radio overlay in settings.

Or turn off allow more input devices.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Help!

After the latest SRS update my overlay crashes the program every time. After pressing the overlay button (irrespective of SRS connection status) the program crashes after 2 seconds. I tried running the program in both as administrator and normally.

Before the update my SRS has worked flawlessly.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Press the reset overlay button in settings

Would an export of data over Sockets like the Export.lua be possible, so i can send the status of SRS to an external device (helios, arduino) ?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the thread to post questions/issues, but since the latest upodate I have a slight problem: the program opens but doesn't show up on screen. I see it activated on my toolbar but even when I try to click on it, the software doesn't show.

I have tried a fresh install and same issue.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

pick01.thumb.png.53dc04893dd5edac53514a2cf668b12b.png

I have SR installed for a few months and just got prompted to update to 1.4.8. When I click on the update executable in the update I downloaded, my BitDefender AV starts to disinfect and quarantine. I have been searching to see if this is common, but I did not find any discussions at all on this? I attempted this update twice with same results. I find it odd that I can not find any discussions on this? I assume I just have to disable my AV during the update, but again, Im a bit hesitant because I dont see that anyone else posted this?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the thread to post questions/issues, but since the latest upodate I have a slight problem: the program opens but doesn't show up on screen. I see it activated on my toolbar but even when I try to click on it, the software doesn't show.

I have tried a fresh install and same issue.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

SR Client goto settings, click on reset radio overlay...

OR

Hold down SHIFT key and right click on a running program icon on the taskbar, a popup menu should appear, click on Move then use the Left/Right Arrow key to move it.

SIGBLOCK.png

Actually, partially scratch this. It seems exiting out of DCS then reloading and changing module seems to rectify this. When I loaded into the F5E, The UHF was Radio 1, with 2 Unknowns beneath and all PTTs worked for this radio so I can keep physical PTT continuity. However, staying in DCS and loading into a new module does seem to show persistence with different radio sets.

Scratch this, I think I worked out the correct "SAVE" procedure :joystick: LOL!!!

Cheers!

Dave

SRS has no radio persistence - if you switch aircraft and you're connected to a server the radios will change

You'll see extra radios if the server has enabled Expansion Radios - you can check that on the Show Server settings on the client :)

Some DCS modules have a physical PTT that I can use to trigger the PTT in SRS - where possible I use them. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 and the column In-Cockpit DCS PTT

I'd recommend just binding a hotkey in SRS and having that standard across all aircraft if you fly a variety

Would an export of data over Sockets like the Export.lua be possible, so i can send the status of SRS to an external device (helios, arduino) ?

Yes it already does :)

If you set up something listening on UDP port 7082 youll see JSON coming in that you can parse to do what you want

You can also send controls to SRS over UDP but the port is changing

You'll have to check the source for more info for now put I can post an example on the Wiki at some point

Love the SR Ciribob, two questions for you, Can you change the color of the radios listed to any other color on the VR display(ctrl+shift+ Esc) and is it possible to bind it to a Hotas button to activate it? Lifting the VR to find the keyboard isn't fun.

Can't activate via a hotkey unfortunately as its in DCS

You can change colours by editing R G B in DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

I have SR installed for a few months and just got prompted to update to 1.4.8. When I click on the update executable in the update I downloaded, my BitDefender AV starts to disinfect and quarantine. I have been searching to see if this is common, but I did not find any discussions at all on this? I attempted this update twice with same results. I find it odd that I can not find any discussions on this? I assume I just have to disable my AV during the update, but again, Im a bit hesitant because I dont see that anyone else posted this?

I'd say a false positive - (but I would say that :P ) the code is signed, you can right click on the exe and see, as well as trusted by windows smart screen. Maybe run it through some online checkers to put your mind at ease?

I assume the antivirus is freaking out as an exe is running as admin and moving stuff around.

If you're really worried you can build it from source using visual studio. :)

The next update it might magically go as the signature will change with every update and hopefully you'll no longer have a false positive