• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Love the road take off.

Ever clip any poles?

Do they tear the wing off?

Thinking about trying a road landing........Through the trees........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a quick view of a potential quick fix texture update being considered. It should improve the current lighting issue with the mat, which produces some very weird effects at varying angles. Once all the in game lighting elements have settled down, we maybe able to use it's original textures.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazing improvement ¡¡¡

Thats much much better my friend.

Kudos.

Is possible to do something similar with the camouflage nets?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi there !

I just tried this awesome mod in 2.5b, and I have a problem, the FARP mat appears nearly 1 foot above the ground, and helicopter spawns with gear up and thus falls at mission start. Does anyone expereinces the same thing ?

You must search for absolutely flat ground to place the FARP. Try the example mission inside the mod.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi there !

I just tried this awesome mod in 2.5b, and I have a problem, the FARP mat appears nearly 1 foot above the ground, and helicopter spawns with gear up and thus falls at mission start. Does anyone expereinces the same thing ?

You must search for absolutely flat ground to place the FARP. Try the example mission inside the mod.

Esac_mirmidon is right flat ground is best for the very reason you have highlighted. The mod was released knowing this limitation and careful placement would always be required.

The new 2.5OB map mesh also means that some of the locations in the .miz file provided will have floating AM2 mats but that is because of changes to the map mesh. That is why in sim FARPS have sloping sides. AM2 mats need to be flat so sloping sides was not an option. Hope this helps. Cheers :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the mission provided convert the pads at "HELO OPS 3" to single FARPS.

Place a Ka50 to start from one of the pads at that location as "takeoff from parking hot".

then change it to "take off from ground hot" and change its heading to 90.

and this is what you should get:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181558&stc=1&d=1521929676

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I can confirm the mod works in the Persian Gulf Theatre. It is still difficult to find a good flat location but when you do it works well (see images).

I also want to clear up some misinformation I have seen quoted reference this mod. There are 2 elements available:

1. An AM2 mat that acts like a FARP where you can rearm and refuel either your Helo or Harrier. Whilst it is true this will not pass IC (Integrity Check) it does NOT break anything in DCS. It DOES replace the in sim single helo farp available. We made it a separate JSGME/OvGME option so that you could enable and disable it if you wanted to fly on servers with IC enabled.

2. AM2 mats and associated objects where you CANNOT use them to rearm and refuel. This element is placed in your saved games folder and DOES pass IC and again will NOT break anything within DCS.

Thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186604&stc=1&d=1528200096

attachment.php?attachmentid=186605&stc=1&d=1528200096

attachment.php?attachmentid=186606&stc=1&d=1528200096

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Can some one clear something up for me please?

1. Does this replace the standard farp

2. can i amnually install it, and how do i do it?

Ta

Check the first post and no it wont replace ED FARP. PGM may require a different install method.

One thing unlike the farp pads that act like an island when you place these mats on water they sink I was going to use them in conjunction with the helipads but it didn’t work out.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Any help please?

I have this isntalled BUT... Always a but...

When I am in the mission editor and I choose the standard farp with four heli pads I get the metal mesh.. It appears to have replaced it. Is that correct? I was expecting to have both...

Thanks

Any help please?

I have this isntalled BUT... Always a but...

When I am in the mission editor and I choose the standard farp with four heli pads I get the metal mesh.. It appears to have replaced it. Is that correct? I was expecting to have both...

Thanks

If using option 1 it will replace the standard farp, we made these 2 mods as Suntsag said a 2 step process and each step can be used in its own right.

So essentially if you want just AM2 matting use option 1 if you just want a replacement for the in game FARP with AM2 matting use option 2, if you want both use both

We have tested these extensively but as always cannot test in every location on all maps.

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

This Mod is really nice, yet I will never understand, why ED isn't simply giving us a "FARP zone" or a "RefuelRearmInZone Trigger"... anything that a mission designer can lay on top of a spot, if it is flat or not, sand or road, whatever.

The unbelievable "FARP hills" are a nuisance and when the option to start a helicopter or Harrier from the ground, I was so happy, until I remembered the real issue being able to rearm and refuel!:cry:

Can you imagine how cool it would be to lay a NATO "T" on a clearing in the woods, place some fuel trucks and a ammo crate and put a 300ft FARP zone" on top and be good to go?

Then we had the "Grass_Airfield". but still this does not work as a rearming and refueling point/zone...

Does anyone know, where the height of the single FARPs "hill" is set and if that can at least be reduced? :notworthy:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)