Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi Ikonane,

It looks like that the file has been corrupted, probably because of a crash of DCS World. Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover such file... You can still try to re-export the flight by playing back the correspond track file from DCS.

If you have frequent crashes when exiting a DCS World mission, I suggest you disable the zip file compression from Tacview exporter menu which can be found in DCS World -> Options -> Special -> Tacview menu.

This is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but I have a recording from the DCS-DynamicCaucasus map that is 1,089 kb but when I open it it says "The file format of xxxx is not supported."

I have a payed and registered version of TacView 1.7.0.

Any ideas? Did the file get corrupt somehow?

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

To change the default delay, you must install the latest version of the exporter on the server. Then change the delay option in the Server DCS world options menu.

I have found and fixed a bug in Tacview 1.7.1 which was considering a delay of 5 minutes as 10 minutes. But if you set the delay to “no delay/ real time” you should be able to playback the flight right away, even with Tacview 1.7.0.

We're running the latest Tacview 1.7 and the latest 2.5 beta but can't get the delay turned off on the server. It's defaulted to 10 minutes. We tried the work around but it's still doing it with the delay. Any thoughts?

To change the default delay, you must install the latest version of the exporter on the server. Then change the delay option in the Server DCS world options menu.

Thanks, I had the latest version on the server but it never showed up in the special options. I deleted the Tacview folder in the saved games folder and the ones in the scripts folder and reinstalled. Now it's available in the special tab and everything is working OK. Must have been a problem created when I copied over the saved games folder from the other version of DCS.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ikonane,

It looks like that the file has been corrupted, probably because of a crash of DCS World. Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover such file... You can still try to re-export the flight by playing back the correspond track file from DCS.

If you have frequent crashes when exiting a DCS World mission, I suggest you disable the zip file compression from Tacview exporter menu which can be found in DCS World -> Options -> Special -> Tacview menu.

Thanks for the reply. I will try that!

Hi Vyrtuoz, any chance of getting to export tacview snippets? Sometimes we don't want/need the entire tacview.

To be more clear, as an example, if I could set say, a start and end book mark in tacview, and then say 'export what's between those two', that would be great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi Vyrtuoz, any chance of getting to export tacview snippets? Sometimes we don't want/need the entire tacview.

To be more clear, as an example, if I could set say, a start and end book mark in tacview, and then say 'export what's between those two', that would be great.

+1

I've often wished I could do this as well. Would be a great addition.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Whenever you press RAlt + B during your flight, DCS World exporter will insert a bookmark in the event log. These bookmarks are clearly identified in Tacview, so you should be able to quickly jump to one or another during your debriefing session.

I will add another shortcut to toggle data recording on the fly in a future update.

Yep, I know that. I might just prefer to store small snippets with particular things instead of a 1 or 2 hour tacview though. I don't want to forget to turn recording on/off ... thus why I want to save snippets.

Whenever you press RAlt + B during your flight, DCS World exporter will insert a bookmark in the event log. These bookmarks are clearly identified in Tacview, so you should be able to quickly jump to one or another during your debriefing session.

I will add another shortcut to toggle data recording on the fly in a future update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sorry to maybe be a pain in the ass, but I would prefer the mentioned approach of a snippet generated from a full flight recording. The events we wish to review may not be part of the planned offensive and may be missed if we manually start and stop the recording.

In any case, I've loved using tacview since I found it and am very pleased with how you maintain it. Keep up the good work and thank you! :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Hi all,

I just discovered TacView and I absolutely love it. Anyway, since I manly fly Mirage 2000C I noticed that both Matra Magic and 530D are listed as Matra in TacView. I did my homework and searched for info about this, and it seems it was actually an issue in the past that now is supposed to be fixes. Just to understand, did it regress somehow in newer versions? And are we aware of this? I'm using latest DCS beta and TacView 1.7.0.

Understood. I will eventually add a tool to export a part of the flight data recording from Tacview.

Sorry to maybe be a pain in the ass, but I would prefer the mentioned approach of a snippet generated from a full flight recording. The events we wish to review may not be part of the planned offensive and may be missed if we manually start and stop the recording.

In any case, I've loved using tacview since I found it and am very pleased with how you maintain it. Keep up the good work and thank you! :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

+1 What a great idea! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hoggorm,

Are you talking about lag during real-time telemetry recording, or stutter during after action replay?

Do you notice the same problem with Tacview 1.6.4 available on the web following page?

Can you share me the corresponding acmi file as well as your dxdiag log file please?

http://www.tacview.net/support/reportbug/#dxdiag

When playing a tacview file the playback lags about every second. Have I done something wrong...?

I run version 1.7.0.

Thank you Vyrtuoz for getting back to me.

The stuttering and lagging was resolved by going to the nVidia settings and choose to use the nVidia 1070 card when running Tacview rather than using the Intel internal graphics card.

This solved the problem, and I do no longer have the mentioned problem. I do not know why it was fixed though, as the internal graphics card is not that bad either... It is the Intel HD Graphics 630.

On another laptop that I own there is not this problem with stuttering and lag. It also runs the dedicated nVidia card, but this is a GTX 630M card, and the Intel HD 630 is actually a bit better than the GTX 630M.

There might be another problem so I'd be happy to send you the dxdiag if you still want them, but I consider the problem to be solved for now.

Indeed! I think that the usual problem with Intel GPUs are their poor drivers, they are no supported, bugged and slow. While nVidia is known for its always up-to-date and optimized drivers.

This may explain the difference between the HD 630 and the GTX 630M which looks very close on paper, but which behave completely differently in “real-life”.

Thank you for the feedback!

Just reformated my system, reinstalled DCS and it runs fine but Tacview 1.7.0 will not install. I am getting the following error message:

Install Failed

Please ensure that you have enough access rights and free disk space before contacting the software manufacturer for assistance.

I did have windows change the location of my user,my saved games,apps folders to a drive other than C (D in my case). I read about someone else having a similar problem but they had a previous install that worked for them.

Tacview 1.7.1 is now available to everyone!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

This intermediate release offers many fixes and improvements.

You can now use the new time-shift tool to temporally merge the telemetry of different flights to visually compare performances and trajectories. This could be quite handy to visualize multiple take-off techniques, as well as comparing air-race trajectories.

Numerous 3D models have been added. If your favorite ones are not here, please share an acmi file, and I will do my best to add the missing objects in Tacview database.

Here is an example of the new time-shift tool:

• Load and/or merge several tracks
  • Use the time-shift tool to synchronize each attempt
  • Compare the results in the 3D view! (see the screenshot below)

Vyrtuoz

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added a time-shift tool to fix telemetry or to create “ghosts” to compare performances
  • Added list of active aircraft in the 3D view to select and disable (SHIFT+CLICK) objects
  • Added real-time telemetry and remote-control passwords to DCS World exporter
  • FSX2ACMI and XPL2ACMI do not force objects colors to blue anymore (color can now be predefined in a custom dabase)
  • Minor improvements to the csv file importer
  • It is now possible to activate Tacview for the entire system in addition of current user
  • Added numerous new 3d models
  • Added sea surface in full 3D terrain mode
  • Improved submarines support
  • Improved the acmi importer to gracefully handle malformed object names in some of IL-2 acmi files
  • The main menu has been reorganized a bit to be more intuitive

FIXES

• Fixed performance issue: dynamic objects where displayed twice (1.7.0 regression)
  • Some textures where not always properly displayed on the ground
  • Objects auto-selection was always preferring bullseyes over ground objects
  • Bookmarks are now exported when exporting XML flight log
  • 5 and 20 minutes playback delay were considered as 10 minutes by the DCS World exporter
  • Opaque custom terrain textures where displayed as transparent textures
  • Matra missiles names are not correct in DCS World 2.5.0

981658432951418880.jpg

981974666024714240.jpg

You can now use the new time-shift tool to temporally merge the telemetry of different flights to visually compare performances and trajectories. This could be quite handy to visualize multiple take-off techniques, as well as comparing air-race trajectories.

Brilliant :thumbup: Great new feature I always wanted to have. Mach loop here we go :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

you won't believe me, but i thought about suggesting this yesterday. :D