Ground texture help

tmansteve

Using 1.5.8 stable, I have been trying to install Starways desert mod 3.0 but with no luck. I am not connecting to any servers for multiplayer. I tried installing with Saved Games folder and also main dcs directory using jsgme in both cases. I changed the season to Autumn and still nothing.

Is there any way to get this to work or any other, as I wait for 2.5 to final and then I will use my NTTR map.

Any ideas would be great

If I understand correctly, there's no way to make any terrain mod work in multiplayer nowadays, after terrain fell under IC a couple of updates ago.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ah, got it, your sentence could be interpreted both ways.

Anyway, maybe try experimenting with mission dates. The mod was developed back when scenery was changing based on "season" setting in editor. That was changed last year however, and nowadays scenery switches according to mission dates (thus just setting the mission to "autumn" is not enough, as it might result in summer, autumn or winter textures as well). I don't remember however the dates "window" used by the game code to enable autumn textures.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.