Strange Mig29A Cockpit/Canopy Problem

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums, but I hope you guys can help me out. I have a strange rendering glitch(?) with the canopy on the mig-29 a. There is this extra dark stripe towards the nose, that wasn't there before I tried using the fc2 extra flyable aircraft mod. It seemed to have modified a model somewhere such that the frames are different. I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled FC2, but to no avail. Any help? I will post a screen capture.

642601207_Mig29-AStrangeCockpitProblem.thumb.PNG.ded9ad17d5c04ff2567cef3404659148.PNG

But that's just it, that is the default mig-29a there shouldn't be that external part showing, it won't display properly again since I used the mod, so obviously something is wrong with the standard files. I need to know what to change to get that strange bar out of my canopy. By the way that is now a clean installation no mods are there same problem exists.

I reinstalled it yet again (even deleted the registry files) only plane that has that problem is the mig29 a and now that I check to a lesser extent on the mig-29 s. I can't figure this out. This is becoming extremely frustrating....

Saved Games folder files are likely doing it then.

PS: its been years since FC1 & 2 were in my system, it might not even have files in Saved Games folder, and if not if reinstalling the game doesn't help, I don't know what else could be wrong.

No longer active in DCS...

• 1 year later...

Well this is quite the necro here (sorry), just wanted to mention that the cockpit issue finally went away, still don't know what ended up causing it. Now my f-15C cockpit front is flickering with a weird line through the lower half of the HUD see included captures. Any thoughts about these? Thanks! :pilotfly:

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.51701c10273e176e7c20f1677ec2b6fe.jpg

ScreenShot_011.thumb.jpg.dc786604664f8141a3d50c512bc7cd8f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

//Closed

Flaming Cliffs 2 and Lock On are no Longer supported.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs