The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

VinnieJones

Take a look at OVGME don't dismiss it as too hard. IMHO its an easier piece of software than JSGME, take a look give it a try & if you get stuck post up. I'll help & so will many others more competent than me (would not be difficult)

Otherwise if dead set on JSGME load a second copy to the other version of DCS like you did for the first and the _Mods folder.

Make shortcuts for both and rename the shortcuts so as you can distinguish between which JSGME is controlling the mods on which version.

• Like 1

VinnieJones

Take a look at OVGME don't dismiss it as too hard. IMHO its an easier piece of software than JSGME, take a look give it a try & if you get stuck post up. I'll help & so will many others more competent than me (would not be difficult)

Otherwise if dead set on JSGME load a second copy to the other version of DCS like you did for the first and the _Mods folder.

Make shortcuts for both and rename the shortcuts so as you can distinguish between which JSGME is controlling the mods on which version.

I loaded a second copy of JSGME, and it works. Now, I have tim to look over OVGME.

Thanks for recommending it.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 3 weeks later...

Any one got advice on texture Mods? The example gave some good advice, but the texture mods I want to install are texture pack name/world/then shapes and textures folders. Any tips on how to install this would be much Appreciated!

6D80k38.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Advice please. Have 'repaired' version of DCS 1.5.6 installed JSGME as per instrucitions, if found add on's and took snapshot, in about 10 mins.

Have another copy of JSGME on E:\ Drive pointing to C:\Program Files\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha, no mention of add on's and ran all evening stuck at 3/4 way's.

I took out the Nevada.surface 5, as suggested further back in the post, still getting 3/4 the way there. Any advice appreciated

• 1 month later...

I can't make it work

Maybe isn't compatible with 1.5.7 ??

I'm talking about this mod

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1941517/

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't make it work

Maybe isn't compatible with 1.5.7 ??

I'm talking about this mod

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/1941517/

This still works for me:

==============

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml#download

Select USA Mirror

It will download automatically. You will get a .zip file. I chose my Desktop.

I use WinRAR (it is a freebie) https://www.rarlab.com

https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

How-to to install correctly:

=================

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi, This might have come up before but I couldn't find a similar issue as I was searching.

I've used JSGME with other games such as silent hunter without difficulty but I'm having a hard time getting it to work with DCS.

I'd like to use it with DCS 2.0 open alpha. The issue I'm having is that I go to take a snapshot but it gets stuck at 70% and just never finishes. I gives no error message just keeps going and going. I've left it for up to 40 minutes. For now I've given up on it. Any tips?

Thanks, yes I can't believe how much easier OvGME is to use. One quick question tho. I installed one sound mod for the spitfire and noticed a massive drop in framerate compared to having the mod deactivated. Is this possible with just a sound mod or is it just me?

Out of my knowledge. Guess you have to ask the maker of the mod. Sounds unlikely to have been caused by a modmanager though.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

i was running JSGME today with the updated 2.5, and it continued to 'hang'.

after a few failures i decide to take a closer look. after examining the snapshot file after each time it 'hung' i found the most likely cause was that it hit the file:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Surface\Caucasus.surface5

being a 32bit application, my guess is that its not able to load up this 6+GB file to generate the needed CRC (or whatever hash it uses), as this is where it seems to keep hanging.

I will move to OvGME to see if that works better.

[update: OvGME being 64bit, did in fact work fine]

Edited by DracoLlasa
OvGME Status

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

... after examining the snapshot file after each time it 'hung' i found the most likely cause was that it hit the file:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Surface\Caucasus.surface5

being a 32bit application, my guess is that its not able to load up this 6+GB file to generate the needed CRC (or whatever hash it uses), as this is where it seems to keep hanging.

I will move to OvGME to see if that works better.

Maybe OvGME wont have trouble with the file size, but I wonder if its wise to use old terrain Mods with the new version of Caucasus

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Maybe OvGME wont have trouble with the file size, but I wonder if its wise to use old terrain Mods with the new version of Caucasus

that is not a mod.. the issue i was describing was with JSGME taking a 'file snapshot' of the default installation. that file referenced is part of my default 2.5 OB install, no mods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Ahh ... ok, sorry, I didnt catch your reference to a snapshot file :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Its ok, my guess/hope is that OvGME is 64bit, it will be able to hand the 6GB file.. since 32bit is limited to 4GB files and stuff.. thats why im assume JSGME is not longer a usable too with DCS, as it now contains single files larger than 4GB..

OvGME file snapshot process ran perfectly, so i will just have to stick with that going forward

Edited by DracoLlasa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have to switch to OvGME, the 64bit version.

Because the latest version of DCS:W has individual files larger than 4GB, the 32bit JSGME cannot perform a file snapshot which something want from a mod manager.

Besides, OvGME is very easy and its being actively maintained.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

How can I make JSGME work for both release and open beta DCS versions? Especially when you have to assign a "target location" as if to tell the mod where to operate.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Switch to OvGME as notes in my post reight before yours. It uas support for mutiple versions/instances.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Switch to OvGME as notes in my post reight before yours. It uas support for mutiple versions/instances.

Will do. Thanks.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com