SU-57 ESM PROJECT

I would like to announce That I been finally working on the Clickable version of my PAK FA MOD,As promised more than 11 months ago this was my dream from the start and will remain this way for the years to Come,I will post updates about this project here so that it wont be confused with my other already Released PAK FA PROJECT that uses FC3 systems for radar and navigation ect.

Whats coming on the SU-57 ESM BUILD?

#1 Clickable Cockpit including its MFDs.

#2 External systems Modeling.

#3 OWN Flight Model.

#4 Navigation.

#5 Realistic Hud Display.

#6 Air Refueling. (Requires SDK)

#7 Clickable hotas and Throttle.

#8 Weapons (unguided bombs and Rockets)

#9 Ramp start up simulation.

#10 Multiple Skins

#11 Automatic engine startup simulation.

Auto Start up simulation for easy access and quick startup similar to the ones used in other modules that start up your aircraft for your self,You still have to arm a few things.:D

Teams That had helped in a way for me to understand things better.

#1 Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (Coding Advise and Examples.)

#2 Veao Simulations (Coding Advise and Examples.)

#3 PolyChop (3d modeling Advise.)

People that had helped me learn,i am truly Thankfull for this Community.

#1 Gos (FM tools Research and Coding Advise) "RIP and fly high".

#2 CaptainSmiley (EFM Example).

#3 SkateZilla (Plenty of rules and Texturing/Animation Feedback).

#4 RAzor ( Coding feedback).

#5 JazAero (3d modeling Advise).

#6 Nero (Coding Advise).

#7 MichelNay (Modeling and Coding Advise).

#8 Viper (Texturing Advise).

#9 Silent Eagle (EFM Advise).

#10 Sirius (Art creation Icons,loading screens,Ideas).

#11 Hawkeye (Modding in General).

#12 Sinus (Research along with other general things).

#13 Level ( Coding,Advises).

Tutorials Used

Dummies guide to Aircraft MOds.

Draw Arguments for Aircraft.

Draw Arguments for Ships.

Draw Arguments for Vehicles.

ASM guide.

Hud Guide.

3rd Party FM Certification.

Module Structure.

And Lots and lots of youTube to learn basic coding and 3dx max, in order to better understand these things.

"NOTE"

I am pretty sure I am leaving a few out because I don't remember I have asked so many questions along these months so please if you find your name missing PM me and I will gladly add it.

PREVIE OF THE SU-57 ESM VERSION PROGRESS.

Edited by cubanace

Very nice cubanace! Looking forward to fly it one day! Your released Pak-Fa mod is also great, love the animated thrust vectoring!

-I didn't have straight A's, so i ended up piloting behind a screen instead-:joystick:

Good luck Cuban, it's been amazing to see you develop your skills in a year and now taking on this big task!

Just wanted to let you know that without the SDK, air to air refuelling is not possible (At least the taking fuel in part).

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Good luck Cuban, it's been amazing to see you develop your skills in a year and now taking on this big task!

Just wanted to let you know that without the SDK, air to air refuelling is not possible (At least the taking fuel in part).

Cheers.

Oh wow I tough it was only for Tankers flown by players,did not know taking fuel was limited without SDK,o well,And thank you level for letting me know I had no clue,one more limitation to add then.:doh:

Oh wow I tough it was only for Tankers flown by players,did not know taking fuel was limited without SDK,o well,And thank you level for letting me know I had no clue,one more limitation to add then.:doh:

I still think it works for AI but don't quote me on that. Someone with more knowledge will know that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

Both depend on what you are making, being SDK. Anything higher than an SFM is going to automatically require SDK, like AFM. Navigation like a map (similar to Harrier or Warthog) is also going to need SDK.

I would really encourage you to do more research before spreading misinformation. I recommend reading the BGDAM and looking through the forums :thumbup:

An example of an EFM being done without SDK can be found here:

https://github.com/gyrovague/F-16A-Demo-CDMW

Edited by LevelPulse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

Both depend on what you are making, being SDK. Anything higher than an SFM is going to automatically require SDK, like AFM. Navigation like a map (similar to Harrier or Warthog) is also going to need SDK.

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

#1 NOPE!,Navigation can be done without SDK including moving map and all ,its all into the hands of the coder :D

# 2 please do some research!! The Flight model can be made EFM as well,not just SFM no SDK Needed,I'm trying to keep things to my self to avoid confusion and people trying to rush me with this project but for your information,i also I am making an EFM External Flight Model.

Somethings for you to learn.

SFM :Simple Flight model,Nothing to do with systems ect or clickable cockpits this is just what makes a plane fly)

SFM :Engine Table under planes main Lua.This is what powers your Aircraft)

EFM : External Flight model A more advanced version of a flight model given to none official developers that would like to create their Flight models,There are no limitations and its similar to PFM

EFM : Engine, again no limitations( I can code a thrust vectoring engine here..

Terms used by 3rd PArties.

AFM : Advanced Flight model,again this is a flight model,nothing to do with clickable wise.

ASM : Advanced Systems modeling,This is where the cockpit and systems come to life and you get to click stuff and play with your radar ect.

PFM : Professional Flight model,Again just a flight model and a really advanced one,seen in su-25 ,su-27 and f-15 and so on.

Terms used by None Official 3rd Parties (Clickable mod)

ESM: External Systems Modeling,similar to that of ASM but limted to a degree for not having SDK,like no advanced radar or radio ect.

Example preview of my ESM can be seen below,here I test Ejection panel.

Edited by cubanace

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

#1 NOPE!,Navigation can be done without SDK including moving map and all ,its all into the hands of the coder :D

# 2 please do some research!! The Flight model can be made EFM as well,not just SFM no SDK Needed,I'm trying to keep things to my self to avoid confusion and people trying to rush me with this project but for your information,i also I am making an EFM External Flight Model.

Somethings for you to learn.

SFM :Simple Flight model,Nothing to do with systems ect or clickable cockpits this is just what makes a plane fly)

SFM :Engine Table under planes main Lua.This is what powers your Aircraft)

EFM : External Flight model A more advanced version of a flight model given to none official developers that would like to create their Flight models,There are no limitations and its similar to PFM

EFM : Engine, again no limitations( I can code a thrust vectoring engine here..

Terms used by 3rd PArties.

AFM : Advanced Flight model,again this is a flight model,nothing to do with clickable wise.

ASM : Advanced Systems modeling,This is where the cockpit and systems come to life and you get to click stuff and play with your radar ect.

PFM : Professional Flight model,Again just a flight model and a really advanced one,seen in su-25 ,su-27 and f-15 and so on.

Terms used by None Official 3rd Parties (Clickable mod)

ESM: External Systems Modeling,similar to that of ASM but limted to a degree for not having SDK,like no advanced radar or radio ect.

Example preview of my ESM can be seen below,here I test Ejection panel.

1) Su-25 uses AFM+, like A-10A and Su-25T

2) Guys from A-4 Skyhawk team made a working radar ;)

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Where do you get info to build an FM from for this aircraft?

Giving the Fact that this Aircraft is still Pretty much Classified at the moment my only way of making a Flight model are done with different set of FM tools to come up with the Aircraft Flight dynamics based on its blended body wing shape,Tools like OpenVSP and other Xfoils tools along with Autodesk FlowDEsign I can calculate the Su-57 Flight dynamics without having the real Aircraft test flight charts,Same way engineers first find out how an Aircraft fly in a windtunnel something similar but with calculations and set of tools ect,this will be all imported into its EFM,untill more data comes in,its the closest I can get without guessing its FM based on just videos of it flying.

Edited by cubanace

You're taking videos as a reference and a model without calculating new things like engine performance, atmospheric pressure, and etc.? :huh: Please correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: I could add more on the classification part, it still looks cool that you're trying to make it accurate without a windtunnel test or flight performance analysis, but wouldn't Sukhoi not allow this? :P

Yes you are completely wrong,you completely misunderstood it all.

PLease read carefully Below,i have copy and pasted what I use to create flight model,already was on the earlier post that you did not understand.

my only way of making a Flight model are done with different set of FM tools to come up with the Aircraft Flight dynamics based on its blended body wing shape,Tools like OpenVSP and other Xfoils tools along with Autodesk FlowDEsign I can calculate the Su-57 Flight dynamics

Tools I use to make the Su-57 FM links to the tools also included.

OpenVSP :Is a tool that you can add your aircraft and work on its FM There,Different parts of its body are calculated to create a flight model based on your equations added and the shape of the wing and other factors.

http://openvsp.org/

Xfoil: Is another Tool used for the same logic,but is more code form,mainly used to calculate the shape of a wing and other surfaces and how it performs ect.

http://web.mit.edu/drela/Public/web/xfoil/

Autodesk Flow Design: I am using this to calculate the Drag Factors and other ,This is the wind Tunnel Program I use.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/flow-design/overview

Edited by cubanace

Good luck to you and your FM then, I do not know if it will be accurate and may not represent the real product for many years, not saying 10-20 but it is classified. F-117 has been retired for 10+ years and yet no declassification on the performance. But as close as you can get is good enough. :thumbup:

At least he is calculating the FM using real tools with real equations!, usually the modders just take the closest FM that already exist in the game, and put over the external model of the new aircraft and their weapons, then you have a SU-35 or MIG-31 flying with the PFM of the SU-27.

His method is more accurate by far, if you replicate exactly the model and now the weight of the components.

Ohhh!!! shots fired, joking joking :D all mods are good in my book the more the merrier :D

the F-117 isn't really fully retired afaik though they're kept at Tonopah in flight ready status, so still fairly classified, and would say some of the tech & systems would still be in use in the B-1, B-2, F-22 & F-35

Cuban can't wait to see how this progresses, love the current sfm version so anything extra you can add is just icing and a cherry on the cake, good luck with it :thumbup:

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

As for creating an "accurate product on a classified aircraft" there is no need for "authorisation" as it is a mod. You would have legal issues if trying to profit from the aircraft. As for getting the information I agree but Cuban can still make a relatively accurate EFM with the programs at his disposable.

It's not at the discretion of the DoD or USAF, aircraft is Russian, not American :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

Was not referring to it as a modification but if CubanAce looks into things like making it a module, then it will be something for him to have to get around.

No intentions on making this a Official Module,by the time this Aircraft is not as protected il be dead,maybe someone else can step in in about 50 years or so.:megalol::megalol:

"But"

On a serious note this has been a lesson for me and continues that way,This Aircraft and this community are the ones teaching me and thanks to that even I am amazed on how much I have learned in a year .

Edited by cubanace

I assume that the external pylons are for prototype builds and tests of the T-50? Real Su-57 has internal pylons and I really would love to know how you will tackle this.

Offering us two variants of this mod may be a good solution for having both external and internal or combining it into one plane. (But that eradicates the looks of stealth, now does it? :)) making us a separate aircraft named T-50 (seen done before in the past) would be great if you wish to continue on part of external pylons.

NOpe! what I am going to do is like in real life,when you are in arming screen and you pick weapons that are on the external pylons then those pylons will show up with the weapons, but if you pick only internal loadout for stealth Missions then no external pylons are going to be loaded or seen.

I hope this clears things up:D