Virus attack on web link

Kaidoo

Hi !

I have payed on your site web to be able to download the Flaming Cliffs version 1.1b. But on the both links the file .exe to install the software, have a virus call win32:virut.

I would like to know if you can send me a version of Flaming Cliffs without virus attack.

Thanks

Pascal

Me computer is down, so it's not a false virus !!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am righting on an other computer (Mac G5),

but the one with the LO_Flaming_Cliffs_Setup.exe is dead !!!

I must reformat the all disc

I can't boot the computer, even in mod "sans echec" so ?????

Thank for your help

pascal

ps : avast is my anti virus and it's a good one !!!

• ED Team

Kaidoo, which patch did you downloaded ? I will re-download it and re-test using NOD32.

Edit: Today i reinstalled and re-downloaded my Flamin Cliffs using the official patches downloaded from the USA mirror, there are no viruses in them. At the moment im downloading from the russian mirror for testing.

LO_1.1b_Flaming_Cliffs_Setup.exe

LO_Flaming_Cliffs_Patch_1.12b_EngWEB.exe.

From USA link and Russian link both infected

Test the virus by checking with Avast and you wheel see the virus called win32:virut !

and I can assure you it's not a false virus, I can't use any more my PC computer !!!!!

Negative !

My computer is check every day,

and before downloading the Flaming Cliffs,

no virus was found in the computer !

And after the download,

infection message,

at first I thaugt is was the avast software error but then my computer is now down !

+ A other guy called jabs as the same problem SO ?????

thank

pascal

• ED Team

Here is the offical answer from the other thread again:

We are using Dr. Web antivirus here. It doesn't find any viruses in lockon.exe. But Avast does find. Only in executable protected with StarForce ProActive. Executable with StarForce Professional is "ok" to Avast.

I wrote to Avast already.

I redownloaded the files again - no viruses there for me. My PC is still working perfectly. I cant help you more than this. Sorry.

Theres is no way to tell for sure the virus came from the patches. Viruses can be dorment for the longest LONGEST time and when you install something like a patch it will use it to infect your computer SO There is No way you can say that this patch is infected when you are the only one to get it!

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

I have readed it !

You say it's a false virus, but it's not, I can assure you.

My computer is down. And before the Flaming Cliffs download it was working for 3 years with a virus check every day !!!

So please, dont say that the files are not infected

until you have check it out with Avast !

What do you suggest ???

I am a honest customer and I realy feel,

you dont want to help mutch for this problem !!!

Thank

pascal

ps : for grayw01fg, I am not the only guy that have been infected... Talk to jabs !!! before sending not contructive message ! thank

Hi ppl, I am here 'cause i'm having the same problem: I bought today (december 15) the download version of FC, and when i installed the game, i got a message from a infection of a virus (virut, win 32). My machine had a fresh install of win xp 32 bit, the antivirus is avast 4.7 fully updated. The guy that posted this problem is not the only one... actually my pc is working, i'll try another av to see what happens BUT its i shame to use another av if avast works so well until the FC install...

I'll install AVG and see what happens, but i'm feeling sad, cause i have paid for a program that could potentialy infect my pc... well, as a customer i want a solution for this problem.

Regards

Daniel.

P.S.: Sorry for the bad english, its not my native language.

I use Avast and have been for several years. The only false positive I ever got was with the Walmis F15c and we all know that problem. It is a false positive. I think it might have been fixed in his last update. Other than that what Avast finds is defenetly a virus. Now how you get it is another matter. I have my doubts that it is the FC install package. I will tell you that if you had a virus prior too an Avast install, it will not detect it, so it is possible that a dormant virus was on your machines and just a coincidence that it happened with the FC download. Sorry I can't help you with the download but I am extremely familiar with Avast and what it can and can not do. Personal experience and contact with the Company. I still use Avast and it will stop a significant amount of viruses from infecting you but like all not 100% but better than a lot of high priced supposedly the best anti-virus software companies. If Groove can't find it , it is not in the software download, he is very good when he looks at problems. Hope you can get your Issue resolved. Be nice stick with Groove, he can help more than you think. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!:noexpression:

It was a surprise to me to see a installer "infected", i'm thinking that its a false positive because the system appears to be normal, but, like i said before, that was a fresh install of win xp sp2 32 bit, that's what scared me a bit.

I used avg and no problems... i'll continue to test with other av and post my results... maybe now i'll follow the suggestion to scan with trend micro.

See ya.

• ED Team

Hello x5zero,

im using NOD32 AV Suite and its not responding on the files.

As far as i know ED contacted Avast with this problem.

You can read a official response from ED on this issue here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=404696&postcount=24

I know its annoying but im sure its a false positive as you mentioned already.