Controls settings

Ever since I bought the Gazelle, I have been trying to find a setting for my controls to make flying the Gazelle comfortable and not an exercise in keeping the thing away from Mother Earth.

Can anyone recommend settings ? I am currently running a VPC T-50 base with 50mm extension and T-50 grip.

DCS settings are no curve, and saturation reduced to 60%.

Ever since I bought the Gazelle, I have been trying to find a setting for my controls to make flying the Gazelle comfortable and not an exercise in keeping the thing away from Mother Earth.

Can anyone recommend settings ? I am currently running a VPC T-50 base with 50mm extension and T-50 grip.

DCS settings are no curve, and saturation reduced to 60%.

Is this your first helicopter?

The Gazelle requires only fine inputs for cyclic for control. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

My fourth actually :D , I'm used to the trucks the Huey and Hip are, the Gazelle is so much more nervous for me, I feel like I'm constantly balancing on a pin.

:joystick: I know the Gazelle is supposed to be this light and maneuverable little thing, but I can't seem to get used to it. Should I murder my saturation even more ?

Maybe initially I did have it at one time at 28 saturation, however you may need to consider the way you use the cyclic.

You need to support your wrist and use fine control for the cyclic with thumb and one or two fingers. sort of like this :D

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

This will need further testing then. I read from a few people that curves were usually a bad idea in helicopters because with trim you'd change the cyclic position to a point along that curve, yielding a different response. However in the Gazele I hardly ever need to trim, so I'm not sure if the SAS does it automatically or what.

Well the Gazelle FM has a very cyclic centric action so curves kinda make sense for this module. :D

Well no the Gazelle AP is great but I prefer it off :pilotfly:

I don't run curves for flying the SA-342 or UH-1H, or anything else for that matter, that's with a normal short-throw desktop CH stick, it took a few minutes to hover-taxi accurately though.

If you're constantly changing the input settings early on rather than stick at flying it, then I think you might be making things harder on yourself. From the Huey to the Gazelle they certainly aviate differently, but I wouldn't say one is harder than the other.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

A helicopter does not want to fly;It is maintained in air by a variety of forces and controls working in opposition each other.And if there is any disturbance in the delicate balance,the helicopter stops flying immediately and disastrously.There is no such thing as a gliding helicopter.

Helicopters pilots know if anything bad has not happened,it is about to.:)

Editing the curves of your joystick will only serve to lose you in the settings. Start by understanding how it works before wanting to follow all the advice. The advisors are not the buyers

Edited by cromhunt