Reputation system

Eamoe

Hi All,

how does the rep system really work?

I've clicked the little "+/-" button to see what it does, and I get a window to choose between Approval or Disapproval, plus a text field to describe my opinion about the post (or so I believe).

• Will this opinion be visible to all?
  • Can I have a summary of all "reputation notes" I've given out, and also of those I've been given?
  • I've seen several people with rep power at 1, but they had a different amount of "green squares". How is that?

I'd like to better understand how all this plays.

Will this opinion be visible to all?

Only number is displayed. Like total 5 rep etc.

Can I have a summary of all "reputation notes" I've given out, and also of those I've been given?

You can see last few of reputations that you get in your Control Panel. I mean User CP. I don't know if you can see reputations that you given to some one

I've seen several people with rep power at 1, but they had a different amount of "green squares". How is that?I'd like to better understand how all this plays.

I don't know exactly. But what i think it is some type of title give to user. If you hover your mouse over green square you will see some type of title displayed.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I've clicked the little "+/-" button to see what it does, and I get a window to

Actually user can see the reason of reputation. So that's why you see approve radio box and comment to why you given the reputation.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I've seen several people with rep power at 1, but they had a different amount of "green squares". How is that?

I'd like to better understand how all this plays.

Rep power is how much rep you can add to or take away from someone else's reputation. The green squares are how much reputation YOU actually have.

EDIT:to see how many reputation points you have, click on the +/- of one of your own posts. Now how bout repping me for my helpful post?:D

Edited by kontiuka

EDIT:to see how many reputation points you have, click on the +/- of one of your own posts. Now how bout repping me for my helpful post?:D

I might do just that. But first :):

Rep power is how much rep you can add to or take away from someone else's reputation. The green squares are how much reputation YOU actually have.

Okay, so I think I'm lost even further. When I click the icon in one of my posts, I get info that I have 10 reputation points. So there's three figures:

1. reputation points
  2. reputation power
  3. green squares

Please explain further :(

• Like 1

I might do just that. But first :):

Okay, so I think I'm lost even further. When I click the icon in one of my posts, I get info that I have 10 reputation points. So there's three figures:

1. reputation points
  2. reputation power
  3. green squares

Please explain further :(

The green squares are just a graphical reputation of your reputation points. I have 768 reputation points which equates to 7 green squares.

I also have a reputation power of 9 so if I add to your rep, you should now have 19 reputation points.

• Like 1

The green squares are just a graphical reputation of your reputation points. I have 768 reputation points which equates to 7 green squares.

There is a flaw in your reasoning. I have 17,327 rep points and I have twelve squares. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

ok. well, I don't know exactly how it is configured. You'd have to be a forum admin to know for sure. But, basically, the more rep you have, the bigger the green bar.

Okay I know, sorry to be a pain. After all, it's not all that important. But there has to be some logic behind this system, and it's certainly not rocket science. Thanks for your time guys.

• 1 month later...

Well what about this commen:

This thread has no reputation and you have 1000 reputation points.

I was tryin to give some some rep?

System needs an overhaul, plus you can just get negative rep for disagreeing with someone.

Finally in user CP if the thread says NA does that mean threads deleted?

• 2 years later...

I quite often get the message "Sorry you cannot give reputation to this post", even when the post is not very old.

I am trying to give positive reputation, and I haven't been able to for a long time. I don't use it very much either, just every now and then when someone helps me or some one else out.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I believe the limit is around two weeks.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I quite often get the message "Sorry you cannot give reputation to this post", even when the post is not very old.

I thought it was a month, though Cichlidfan is probably right and it's quite possibly two weeks.

Also be aware that the entire Chit Chat part of the forum doesn't allow rep to be given.

I thought it was a month, though Cichlidfan is probably right and it's quite possibly two weeks.

Also be aware that the entire Chit Chat part of the forum doesn't allow rep to be given.

I thought you had to rep 50 other people before giving to the same person? Even if that's not the case, it doesn't seem to be one week, it feels much more!

I thought you had to rep 50 other people before giving to the same person? Even if that's not the case, it doesn't seem to be one week, it feels much more!

That's yet another counter. ;)

Only relatively new posts can receive rep. If a post is too old, the message would be "You can not give reputation to this post", but it doesn't really explain why.

Then there's the issue of not being allowed to give rep to the same user too often: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to XYZ again". When I last kept count, I had to give rep to exactly 50 users (or was it 49?) before I could rep the same user again. Not sure if there's an additional timer at work there.

And then there's actually a message that goes something like "You have given around too much reputation in the last 24 hours. Wait some before you give reputation again" or so, which I happened to run into during releases or during screenshot events, when people kept posting awesome stuff practically by the minute. ;)

• Like 1