Building draw distance setting?

Gunny Highway

My tests for an unrelated thing were showing me some confusion with the preload radius and view distance testing did return some to me weird results, I got some unexpected results with some options.

One thing is LOD, the other is how much it's "preloaded" (in DCS currently this means how much big the allocation radius is around the aircraft) and the last thing is the visibility range which is just the radius at which things are rendered in, outside of that visibility radious things are only hidden, but ofcourse the if both of the radiuses are the same then it would unload the data when things get outside of render radius. In practise you don't want to necessairly unload things as soon as they leave rendering radius (view distance) because of the nature of gameplay if there's a lot of returning to the same area in short period of time, you may be circling or in a dogfight.

I think, for other reaons, but also this one, this loading/asset allocation/view should be all revamped to better separate between these things and offer users fine tune control for visiblity, preload and LOD settings for various groups of assets.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

My tests for an unrelated thing were showing me some confusion with the preload radius and view distance testing did return some to me weird results, I got some unexpected results with some options.

One thing is LOD, the other is how much it's "preloaded" (in DCS currently this means how much big the allocation radius is around the aircraft) and the last thing is the visibility range which is just the radius at which things are rendered in, outside of that visibility radious things are only hidden, but ofcourse the if both of the radiuses are the same then it would unload the data when things get outside of render radius. In practise you don't want to necessairly unload things as soon as they leave rendering radius (view distance) because of the nature of gameplay if there's a lot of returning to the same area in short period of time, you may be circling or in a dogfight.

I think, for other reaons, but also this one, this loading/asset allocation/view should be all revamped to better separate between these things and offer users fine tune control for visiblity, preload and LOD settings for various groups of assets.

That would require too much work. Download a mod instead.