A big thank you ED for 2.1

Mainstay

Even with the deferred shading turned off, it looks absolutely amazing. Performance seems improved on Nevada for me. Had a great time tonight on the "through the inferno" server.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

I had to use the manual updater to progress from 2.0 to 2.1... the auto updater did not action. First time it has ever done that... but as I can remember having to use DOS in years gone by to make games run (remember the 640kb limit LOL) so it was not a problem, but I can appreciate that for some bods that have only ever used windows and a clicking mouse it could be a bit daunting going to the command line interface - CD\ etc.

Congrats to ED though for bring us this beautiful sim... the future is looking very bright indeed :) ^

Yup I completely agree! Returning to the genre with DCS, and purchasing a new graphics card, more RAM, a HOTAS setup etc has been the best decision I have taken in ages ! :D

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Also, the new Fog or the haze system has to be map specific, different climates, plus different conditions in WW2, probably less dense haze(longer visibility) in WW2 map in areas without much train tracks (less smog overall imo)

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Yes 2.1 is a real winner for me! Amazing visuals and on my rig - rather a medium end machine - I do not even notice a relevant performance drop, it is is still totally playable!

Great work!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2.1 truly is such an amazing improvement. I cannot go back to release version and the caucusus terrain until it is updated. I was just flying in Nevada and noticed the brown/orange glow of the desert sand on the front cockpit panel in the F-15C. The deferred lighting is just absolutely insane. Makes it look so awesome. There are a few bugs associated (outlines of shapes even in the shadow (ex: look at the white one pixel outline of the shape of the landing gear of Su-27 that is visible in the shadow of the aircraft; flares do not yet cast a glow on the airframe), but it is a fantastic move to bring DCS to the next generation. I am looking forward to seeing where DCS is going when 2.5 eventually comes out.

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

2.1 truly is such an amazing improvement. I cannot go back to release version and the caucusus terrain until it is updated. I was just flying in Nevada and noticed the brown/orange glow of the desert sand on the front cockpit panel in the F-15C. The deferred lighting is just absolutely insane. Makes it look so awesome. There are a few bugs associated (outlines of shapes even in the shadow (ex: look at the white one pixel outline of the shape of the landing gear of Su-27 that is visible in the shadow of the aircraft; flares do not yet cast a glow on the airframe), but it is a fantastic move to bring DCS to the next generation. I am looking forward to seeing where DCS is going when 2.5 eventually comes out.

try the Mig-29, enable global illumination in cockpit if not already and play with sun light making rolls...I N C R E D I B L E! ;)

EDIT: Look how nice the light bounces inside the milky lateral panel of the 29's cockpit in an indirect way (which is the purpose of the G.I.) illuminating the front panel...also, when needed, there is also a radiosity effect, which means that the bounced light picks the color of the bounced surfaces and tints other surfaces with that color:

1496510731-dcs-2017-06-03-00-22-26-26.jpg

1496511293-dcs-2017-06-03-00-22-29-30.jpg

1496510994-dcs-2017-06-03-00-22-37-06.jpg

Of course I dont think ED is using a "real" G.I solution (no game uses it nowadays iirc), but the result is very, very good in DCS (probably the best I've seen in a game).

thanks ED for this :thumbup:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

try the Mig-29, enable global illumination in cockpit if not already and play with sun light making rolls...I N C R E D I B L E! ;)

EDIT: Look how nice the light bounces inside the milky lateral panel of the 29's cockpit in an indirect way (which is the purpose of the G.I.) illuminating the front panel...also, when needed, there is also a radiosity effect, which means that the bounced light picks the color of the bounced surfaces and tints other surfaces with that color:

1496510731-dcs-2017-06-03-00-22-26-26.jpg

1496511293-dcs-2017-06-03-00-22-29-30.jpg

1496510994-dcs-2017-06-03-00-22-37-06.jpg

Of course I dont think ED is using a "real" G.I solution (no game uses it nowadays iirc), but the result is very, very good in DCS (probably the best I've seen in a game).

thanks ED for this :thumbup:

Haha! Haven't flown in the Mig 29 yet. Gotta check it out. But have u tried F-15 in Nevada? The upfront cockpit panel gets a glow from the environment around which is just awesome... the most cinematic feeling of being in a real life cockpit ever. :) Its not the sunlight glare.. it seems like the bouncing light from the sun to the sand/environment on the cockpit metal panels. Or am I just seeing things?

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

As someone who doesnt own Normandy or NTTR- would you gents suggest waiting for 2.5 before buying these maps?

As Someone who is hopelessly addicted to this simulator, I must recommend ALL the modules and terrains! :megalol:

Best money I've spent this year!

Lasts a lot longer than going out to dinner and costs about the same!

Try enjoying your dinner for the next 365! :D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

As someone who doesnt own Normandy or NTTR- would you gents suggest waiting for 2.5 before buying these maps?

Depends on wether you are ready to accept glitches and bugs and can enjoy the good stuff. I am really enjoying it. Havent gone back to 1.5 since, playing Red Flag with A-10C right now.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Waited awhile before throwing my thanks to ED in as so many have, Wasn't sure at first if I was going to be able to get it to run satisfactorily but like any new endeavor, it takes some tinkering to get things running as well as can be expected in an Alpha release. I have to keep reminding myself that it IS Alpha and not even close to Beta release yet. Both NTTR and Normandy are simply amazing and it boggles the mind to think what DCSW is going to be as ED fine tunes it. Happy days panzer busting in Normandy with the P-51 and rockets.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT