Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I see now the tail has left right thrust...sorry

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I just saw this:

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

...Avoiding pilot induced oscillations is also a skill learned in a helicopter.

Unfortunately, I have yet to acquire that skill in the Huey or the Gazelle. If I have been flying the Huey for a while and then get in my car to drive somewhere, I find myself nodding yes alot. Or nodding a bank angle back and forth somewhat. Wifey has yet to complain about it. Probably confirms to her that I'm crazy.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

@Panzerfan There’s videos of it on YouTube..... also mentioned in the ever trusty Wikipedia :P I assume the mapm button on the EHSD is for this?

Look when he’s taking off left MPCD.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

@Panzerfan There’s videos of it on YouTube..... also mentioned in the ever trusty Wikipedia :P I assume the mapm button on the EHSD is for this?

Look when he’s taking off left MPCD.

There is also a composer manual available for the AV-8B Moving Map:

http://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA347231

So it definetily exists

• Like 1

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

There is also a composer manual available for the AV-8B Moving Map:

http://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA347231

So it definetily exists

Oh my god, the circle is complete.

I do collect alphas/VMS systems in general. Feels so legid to see the manual for the software running on those systems to prepare map data for the module I am soon going to fly. :DD

This is pretty god damn awesome, thanks for that document ! :)))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Unfortunately, I have yet to acquire that skill in the Huey or the Gazelle. If I have been flying the Huey for a while and then get in my car to drive somewhere, I find myself nodding yes alot. Or nodding a bank angle back and forth somewhat. Wifey has yet to complain about it. Probably confirms to her that I'm crazy.

That's hilarious.

Take comfort that you are not crazy until you push buttons on your console for seat heater and air conditioning as if you are running a pre-flight on your "car" before you drive away. Then, only then, are you crazy.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

That's hilarious.

Take comfort that you are not crazy until you push buttons on your console for seat heater and air conditioning as if you are running a pre-flight on your "car" before you drive away. Then, only then, are you crazy.

Pre-Drive checks are required for a safe ride. Always check settings of airconditioning, exterior lighting and fuel Status before taxi, erh, leaving the parking space... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Harrier vid by thedevildoggamer:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A nice video I found, to add to the Harrier Hype!

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

A nice video I found, to add to the Harrier Hype!

I love the part beginning at 2:05 where he explains the Mission profile and tasks for the Harriers... Especially where he mentions the specific Air-to-air tasks like Combat Air Patrol within the capabilities of the aircraft.

That's my kinda Multi-Role Toy!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Part 1. Lots of the stuff in this part is fairly basic overview but some of the detail about the pilot controls and how the engine works is fairly interesting.

9./JG27

I don´t know, but seeing this videos and watching how easy this people take off and land this airplane with almost no trainning, worries me about the realism of the flight model, I´m the only one???:(

What warries me more is that we have "another level" of abstraction in FM related discussion on the forum - which is questioning the FM before the module got even releasesd :D

• Like 2

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I heard him say a few times that was his most successful landing. I also saw a lot of pictures from RAZBAM of unintentional crashes during testing. Also due to the low number of Harrier pilots on here we have to take it on faith that they've done there homework. If you can't do that well maybe its not for you. Also we have to keep in mind there are limits to what a computer can simulate. Being a real helicopter pilot I've been in a lot of arguments with people who say one of our helicopter modules is not realistic when in fact it's a lot closer than another that wins praise(which is still good btw).

I like realism and want to see as much as possible, but I don't expect to be able to play DCS and then be able to get in the actual aircraft and fly it. But hey RAZBAM if you can manage bring it on!

I like realism and want to see as much as possible, but I don't expect to be able to play DCS and then be able to get in the actual aircraft and fly it.

WHAT!? Blasphemy! /s

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

WarHawk just said it was hands down the most difficult plane to fly in the sim. Also, his landing grade I'd give a 5.5 out of 10 - He made it without breaking something, but that's about it. Lastly, if you think he hadn't practiced a whole bunch before making a vid you're crazy!

Why not quit worrying and enjoy what we end up with? At least get the module in hand and see how "easy" it is once you get it.

Are there any other youtubers / people that make vids that got Early-Early access?

I know of Magz and devildog, are there any others?

Cheers

Pick me pick me **jumps up and down like a child**

I know you won't but I'll make it funny....

Edit: I'll settle with the templates to help you make more liveries....

on ma mobile

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Maybe we should bring in a System that if you crash your plane you would have to rebuy the module or something for people to get a fear of doing things wrong :megalol:

Everything is easy in a simulator because there are no consequences.

Everyone here who is not a full blown newbie to a Flight Simulation and has a good Eye Hand Coordination will get the Harrier in the Air and back on the Ground. With building experience you will become more and more precise.

But I wouldn't call the Flight Model Bad or Easy. It's more the surroundings you're in making everything easy ;)

Looking forward to more Videos & getting the Hands on this awesome bird myself :joystick: :)

• Like 1

I don´t know, but seeing this videos and watching how easy this people take off and land this airplane with almost no trainning, worries me about the realism of the flight model, I´m the only one???:(

Is not even out yet we already started this? At least with the Ka-50, A-10C, P-51, Mirage, SU-27, F-15...(every module) people tend to wait before complaining about the "fallacy" of the flight model.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

well there is a difference...in a Game its no problem if i screw up 9 out of 10 TOs.

in real life it des make a difference, so long training is needed because you only get one life.

Imagine you buy the game and can only play until you crash ;)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.