AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2944809&postcount=797

Forward video where you see Razbam news you can see test harrier clip

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems we're getting the AV-8B Night Attack variant. Any place we can see the armament and goodies it'll have?

Don't consider this list as a feature set by any means but this is what the various versions of the real AV-8B NA has used.

What we will actually get vary depending on which version and if we get the one using the Litening II Pod.

• Air-to-air - AIM-9 Sidewinder
  • Dumb Bombs - 500-1000 lb bombs including clusters
  • Guided Bombs - 500-1000 lb GBU's. (Laser & GPS)
  • AT Missiles - AGM-65E Maverick (Laser)
  • ARM Missiles - AGM-122A Sidearm

The Night Attack will not have AIM-120 or Ground Radar, those are features of the AV-8B+

No Harrier of any type carry the AGM-84 Harpoon (ASM) or AGM-88 (ARM).

Edited by Skjold

Don't consider this list as a feature set by any means but this is what the various versions of the real AV-8B NA has used.

What we will actually get vary depending on which version and if we get the one using the Litening II Pod.

The Night Attack will not have AIM-120 or Ground Radar, those are features of the AV-8B+

Cool. Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And unguided rockets too?

Couple of nice vids while we wait...

I think these videos demonstrate how important the sound set will be for this module, really hope the DCS sound engine can support the little nuances like the deliberately irregular igniter crackle that can be heard at the beginning of the start up video. (apparently if they aren't out of sequence/irregular then there's an issue with one of the igniters, can these failures be modelled in DCS?)

I also found it interesting how noisy the airflow is versus the engine at the various stages in the VTOL video.

Really hope the sounds (and flight model) can be nailed in DCS, I think the Mirage sounds fantastic from in the externals so have high hopes for the Harrier and it's clear from Razbams FB posts that attention to detail is a big thing for them.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

James

I know this has probably been answered somewhere else, but...

Is the Harrier going to be RAZBAM's next module, or is that the Super Tucano?

Also, with the F-18C being delayed, do we think we could reasonably expect the AV8B to be released before the F-18?

Also, with the F-18C being delayed, do we think we could reasonably expect the AV8B to be released before the F-18?

I very much doubt that. I would be very suprised if the Harrier will be released in 2017.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I know this has probably been answered somewhere else, but...

Is the Harrier going to be RAZBAM's next module, or is that the Super Tucano?

The Super Tucano is RAZBAM's next module. The Harrier is just way more exciting to most of us so we talk about it more..

The F-18C release will have no affect on the AV-8B(NA) Release schedule, though it is possible delays with the Hornet will affect the later AV-8B+ release, as the ground radar system RAZBAM wants to use is the ED one. Whether we'll see the Harrier first or not is too early to tell. So far we've seen some basic shots of the Harrier in game, but it's likely very early in flight model development, and we've seen no (as far as i can recall) cockpit images nor cockpit systems modeling, which is the other hard part of making modules.

If i look at the Facebook Harrier Progress updates , and look at the Mirage history before release, i would say Q4 2017 is very much a realistic date

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say that Q4 2017 is a very optimistic release date for the Harrier. Every project takes far longer than we ever think, the development work involved is enormous. If systems modelling hasn't been started yet, the majority of work is still to be done. The 3D modelling is the easy part.