[AS INTENDED] CAT Take-off instructions removed? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
ataribaby

Default [AS INTENDED] CAT Take-off instructions removed?

I can't see instructions text that guides me to the catapult I should taxi to in top right corner as seen in manual. I need enable it somehow?

I know I can go to whatever cat I wish. Just missing this info that I saw on preview videos and is in manual.

Flying in VR.
ataribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
Deliverator

Same here
Deliverator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:02 PM   #3
Auntystatic
Closed Beta Tester

yes those instructions were removed a few patches ago as it was felt unnecessary at this time, thereby allowing people to use any cat they want and avoid stacking

Last edited by Auntystatic; 05-21-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Auntystatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
Repth
DCS Ground Crew

Can't say I understand why that was removed. Wasn't part of the super carrier supposed to be more realistic and updated ATC? I can't imagine that the Navy allows its pilots to wander willy nilly around the deck (I know it's a game; before all of you descend on me like hawks for suggesting realism or something resembling it). I wonder if that is also linked to what is causing the AI pathing issues that were reported in another thread? Oh well I guess.
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
ataribaby

Then please update manual [AS INTENDED] to not confuse players.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #6
NineLine
Community Manager

It was updated in the manual already, but possibly the latest version didn't make this build, thanks.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #7
ataribaby

I see, thanks. Enjoying SC so far.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:37 PM   #8
Deliverator

I understand it not being needed for online squadron flights, as they can organice themselves but with single player things change a lot.

I've done a test today filling up the carrier with IA, and because they just go about their business, it means that you are stuck in a mess of airplanes going through the deck and you have to force your way in, and therefore your wingmen won't be launching at the same time as you, mixing flights and such.

Over multi-player online servers, it gives the opportunity to self-organization to improve the overall quality of experience with this module.

Please consider adding it back, as it was a really nice addition to sort things out
Deliverator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:15 AM   #9
Raisuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator View Post
I understand it not being needed for online squadron flights, as they can organice themselves but with single player things change a lot.

I've done a test today filling up the carrier with IA, and because they just go about their business, it means that you are stuck in a mess of airplanes going through the deck and you have to force your way in, and therefore your wingmen won't be launching at the same time as you, mixing flights and such.

Over multi-player online servers, it gives the opportunity to self-organization to improve the overall quality of experience with this module.

Please consider adding it back, as it was a really nice addition to sort things out

+1; the AI is a particular nuance. At least on MP you can (hopefully) coordinate on SRS.

I suspect it has to be there if we're going to have directors send us to cats some day.
Raisuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #10
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator View Post

That message was not useful for human players, as they can go to any cat they want.
It was useful only for the AI which is directed to a particular CAT.